Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Wrongful Death Lawyer Wright City, MO
Wrongful Death Attorneys in Wright City, MO. Losing a loved one is often one of the most painful and difficult human experiences. That pain is compounded when a preventable accident or someone’s reckless behavior ends your loved one’s life prematurely. After losing a loved one at the hands of another person’s neglience or misconduct, there is a way to get some support for your family and hold the responsible person accountable for the irreperable harm they have caused. When your family member is killed in a wrongful death case, speak to a wrongful death lawyer in St. Louis right away.
Combs Law Group is a St. Louis firm dedicated to pursing justice and standing up for those who have been wronged. Your Combs Law Group wrongful death lawyer will handle your case with the utmost care, respect and reverence. We cannot replace the life lost, but we can make sure you are fully compensated for your losses as the law allows. After losing your loved one, you may feel lost and powerless. Let a passionate wrongful death lawyer in St. Louis fight for your family and help you collect compensation to help your family navigate life after your loss.
A Combs Law Group wrongful death lawyer is ready to fight for you and help your family recover full compensation. There is no cost or obligation when speaking to a wrongful death lawyer. Call us today at (314) 900-HELP or reach us online to review your case with a qualified St. Louis wrongful death attorney. We are here for you.About Us
Wrongful Death Laywer Wright City, MissouriOur firm offers professional legal support to families that have suffered a wrongful death. Insurers, businesses, and other negligent parties may be liable for a wrongful death. It’s crucial for survivors to get in touch with a qualified attorney to see if you’re owed reimbursement after an accident. Combs Law Group’s Wrongful Death Attorneys will fight for your claim or go to trial. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay. Feel free to contact our Wright City, MO, wrongful death lawyers today for more information.
There are various types of compensation you can get for a wrongful death settlement. There are several factors that go into a wrongful death claim, which is why it’s so important to get experienced legal counsel. Combs Law Group has handled car accident cases, premises liability, medical malpractice, truck crashes, and other claims. All of these can lead to a wrongful death lawsuit. Below, you can find a few facts about these types of cases in Missouri.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control, there are over 40,000 vehicle-related deaths every year.
- Missouri Revised Statute 537.080 designates beneficiaries (people who can sue for a wrongful death) as family members, children, adoptees, domestic partners, and spouses, broken into three tiers based on preference.
- Different states have different time limits on filing a wrongful death claim. Missouri’s statute of limitations for wrongful death claims is three years, meaning in most cases you have three years from the date of death to make a wrongful death claim in Missouri.
- Auto accidents, falls, and medical malpractice rank among the leading cause of wrongful death.
- According to the CDC, unintentional injuries are the leading cause of death for people under the age of 44, and the leading causes of unintentional injury are auto accidents, poisoning, and accidents like falls and drowning.
- Damages awarded in a Missouri wrongful death claim depend on many factors, typically include loss of income, loss of consortium and support, medical and funeral expenses, and whether the decedent suffered prior to death.
Wrongful death cases can get complicated very quickly. There are complex laws in Missouri regarding the various parties that may be liable, and settlement amounts can change drastically. Survivors and family members may be able to collect millions of dollars depending on the case.
Common Wrongful Death Claims
Our reputation is built on our wrongful death lawyers’ success in protecting the rights of our clients. Whether it’s a family that lost someone because of a distracted driver, a worker who was killed in a construction accident, or just an innocent bystander, it is important for our firm to provide quality legal representation. Below are some of the most common types of wrongful death cases we manage:
- Car Accidents
- Criminal Acts
- Workplace Negligence
- Product Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Defective Drugs
- Truck Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
Finding legal representation as soon as possible is important if you want to win a wrongful death case. Our St. Louis wrongful death lawyers have helped countless St. Louis and Missouri families get fair compensation for their losses through settlements in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. Learn more about our wrongful death attorneys here.
Wrongful death damages may include funeral expenses, loss of companionship, support, counseling, and other damages. You may also be able to claim the cost of care leading up to the death based on a state’s minimum wage laws.
Medical malpractice wrongful death is particularly difficult. We will look into whether or not a physician had the right experience, if any decisions were ill-advised, and if the treatment facility was negligent in any way. Unintentional death at the workplace is another major concern for our Wright City, MO, wrongful death attorneys. Often, workplace fatalities can be attributed to safety cutbacks and other hazards. If you’re a spouse, child, descendant, parent, or even a sibling or niece or nephew, you might be able to file a wrongful death case. Contact the Wright City, MO, wrongful death attorneys today to learn more about our free case reviews and consultations.
Damages for Wrongful Death Claims in Wright City, MO
You can claim both general and special damages for wrongful death in most states. In regard to economic damages, the average is to multiply any financial compensation (from hospital fees, burial costs, etc.) by 4 or 5. It is important for survivors to not rush insurers or negligent parties with a demand letter. Our Wright City, MO, wrongful death attorneys know how to approach insurers with a wrongful death claim and can help you send the right demand letter.
There are a few common things to consider in any wrongful death case in order to prove negligence:
- Duty of Care: There’s a standard of responsibility in society. For example, you’re supposed to yield at yield signs and deliver quality medical care.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. A good example would be if an intoxicated driver failed their duty of care by blowing a stop sign and hitting a pedestrian.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a negligent party’s breach of duty of care actually caused you (the survivor) harm. If you’re in an accident, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: The concept behind compensation or punitive damages hinges on the fact that you’ve been affected financially. This includes medical expenses, lost time from work, funeral expenses, pain and suffering, and other damages.
We will consider medical expenses, mental and physical distress the victim felt prior to their death, property damages, lost wages, and pain and suffering for the survivors. View our wrongful death FAQs to learn more about how wrongful death claims work. Here are some of the most common questions we’re asked about these lawsuits:
- What do I need to prove for a wrongful death claim?
- What is the average wrongful death settlement?
- Who is eligible to sue for wrongful death?
- Can I sue if a family member is killed in a car accident?
- How long do I have to file a wrongful death claim?
- How long does it take to win a wrongful death settlement?
It’s important to know your rights as a survivor and how to approach a case. The easiest answer is to contact a wrongful death attorney in Wright City, MO, right away for support and legal representation.
The wrongful death lawyers of Combs Law Group offer a range of legal counsel to help those in the Wright City area get justice. These include the following practice areas:
View some of our firm’s results and recent cases and testimonials to learn more. A death in the family can cause financial difficulties for surviving family members, and it’s our job to help those families get the compensation they deserve.
Contact Wrongful Death Attorneys in Wright City, MO, Today
A lot goes into every claim or case, and as St. Louis wrongful death lawyers, it’s our duty to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Our firm has your back. Reach out to our St. Louis wrongful death lawyers today to learn more about our capabilities. Get a free case review to find out whether you have a wrongful death claim and what a St. Louis wrongful death lawyer can do to help your family recover. Call us now at (314) 900-HELP or reach a wrongful death lawyer in St. Louis online through our form.