Wrongful Death Attorney in Wright City, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Wright City, MO. Combs Law Group represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Losing a family member or spouse can be emotionally and financially devastating. At Combs Law Group, we help survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our Wright City, MO, wrongful death lawyers today or give us a call at (314) 900-HELP if you want legal representation. We have helped many victims recover compensation for their loss, and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Cases
More than 190,000 people die in wrongful death accidents annually. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it is a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, or just about anything else. In the matter of wrongful death, changes can be even more dramatic. Below, we’ve listed out the common claims associated with wrongful death:
- Automotive Accidents: Fatalities are high in major car or truck crashes. Leading causes include speeding, construction zones, driving under the influence, and texting.
- Medical Malpractice: A large portion of wrongful death lawsuits near Wright City, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient can be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work Accidents: Company negligence may include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a death, you might have a wrongful death case. It’s crucial to reach out to a wrongful death lawyer in Wright City, MO, today if you’ve lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
No matter what the cause, an experienced law firm can help you get the compensation you deserve. Combs Law Group’s Wright City, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact us today for a case review or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death case.
Wrongful Death Settlements
You need to consider special and general damages. These range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it’s your Wright City, MO, wrongful death lawyer’s job to ensure that survivors receive fair and just compensation. Some of these damages include:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you can see, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. You may also be able to claim punitive damages.
Liability for Wrongful Death
It is important to prove liability and negligence. How did it happen? Was someone at fault? Autopsies and medical records are all very important. It is helpful to file a wrongful death claim as soon as you can while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Cases in Wright City, MO
If you have lost a family member due to wrongful death (and are financially connected), you are likely to have a lot of questions. Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death claims:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? There usually are no up-front fees. Our Wright City, MO, wrongful death lawyers work on contingency, which means that you only owe a percentage of the damages if you win.
- Who is able to sue for a wrongful death case? Parents, distant family members, life partners, and dependents are usually able to sue for wrongful death. It depends on the circumstances.
- Who can be sued for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and can include parts manufacturers, trucking companies, a business owner, nursing homes, distributors, and employers. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties can be at fault.
- How should I approach a wrongful death case? Find a lawyer to help you. Wrongful death claims can be complicated and it is important to have qualified legal experience at your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Likely, an insurance company will offer you a settlement that sounds reasonable but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Hiring a wrongful death attorney can change their minds pretty quickly.
Contact Your Wright City, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Today
It is important to act quickly if you have lost a loved one. Combs Law Group’s Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you have suffered the loss of someone close to you. Our Wright City, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through these tough times. From start to finish, we are here to help. Every case deserves a fair shot. Call us today at (314) 900-HELP or online for more information and a case consultation.
Our firm has the resources and experience you deserve. We fight to win and our victories speak for themselves. Do not hesitate to contact our Wright City, MO, wrongful death attorneys either by phone at (314) 900-HELP or online immediately.
Local Wrongful Death Attorney