Wrongful Death Attorney in Wildwood, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Wildwood, MO. Combs Law Group represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. The death of a spouse or family member can cause serious financial and emotional harm. At Combs Law Group, we help survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our Wildwood, MO, wrongful death lawyers today or give us a call at (314) 900-HELP if you want legal representation. Our firm has helped many victims and their families recover compensation for their loss, and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Cases
More than 190,000 people are killed by wrongful death accidents each year. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it’s a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. In the matter of wrongful death, changes can be even more dramatic. Common types of wrongful death cases include:
- Vehicle Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car or truck crashes. Leading causes include speeding, construction zones, driving under the influence, and texting.
- Medical Malpractice: A large portion of wrongful death lawsuits near Wildwood, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient can be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work Accidents: Company negligence may include unsafe work environments, faulty equipment, poor training, fires, explosions, and other incidents that can happen on the job.
- Criminal Behavior: If a criminal act leads to a death, you might have a wrongful death case. It’s crucial to contact a wrongful death lawyer in Wildwood, MO, today if you’ve lost a family member due to criminal activity.
No matter what the cause, a qualified law firm can help you win the compensation you deserve. Combs Law Group’s Wildwood, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact us today for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death claim.
Wrongful Death Settlements
You need to consider both economic and non-economic damages. These can range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it’s your Wildwood, MO, wrongful death attorney’s job to ensure that survivors receive fair and just compensation. These damages include:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you can see, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages as well.
Liability for Wrongful Death
It is important to prove liability and negligence. How did it happen? Was someone at fault? Autopsies and medical records are extremely important. It is helpful to file a wrongful death claim as soon as you can while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Cases in Wildwood, MO
If you have lost someone close to you because of wrongful death (and are financially connected), you are likely to have a lot of questions. Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death lawsuits:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? There usually are no up-front fees. Our Wildwood, MO, wrongful death lawyers work on contingency, which means that you only owe a percentage of the damages if you win.
- Who is able to sue for a wrongful death case? Parents, distant family members, life partners, and dependents are usually able to sue for wrongful death. It varies based on the circumstances.
- Who can I sue for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and may include employers, manufacturers, distributors, hospitals, and others. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties may be liable.
- How should I approach a wrongful death case? Get a lawyer to help you. Wrongful death claims can be complicated and it is important to have qualified legal experience on your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Likely, an insurer will offer you a settlement that seems reasonable but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Having a wrongful death attorney can change their minds pretty quickly.
Contact Your Wildwood, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Today
It is crucial to act quickly if you have lost a loved one. Combs Law Group’s Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you have lost someone close to you. Our Wildwood, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through this difficult experience. From start to finish, we are here to help. Every case deserves a fair shot. Contact us now at (314) 900-HELP or online for more information and a case consultation.
Our firm has the resources and experience you need. We fight to win and our victories speak for themselves. Reach out to our Wildwood, MO, wrongful death attorneys either by phone at (314) 900-HELP or online immediately.
Local Wrongful Death Attorney