Wrongful Death Attorney in Washington County, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Washington County, MO. Combs Law Group represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Losing a family member or spouse can be emotionally and financially devastating. At Combs Law Group, we help survivors get the compensation they deserve. Contact one of Combs Law Group’s Washington County, MO, wrongful death lawyers now or call us at (314) 900-HELP if you are trying to start a case. We have helped many clients recover compensation for their loss, and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Cases
More than 190,000 people die in wrongful death accidents annually. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it’s a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, or just about anything else. Regarding wrongful death, changes can be even more dramatic. Common types of wrongful death cases include:
- Automotive Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car or truck accidents. Leading causes include speeding, construction zones, driving under the influence, and texting.
- Medical Malpractice: Lots of wrongful death lawsuits near Washington County, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient may be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence can include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you might have a wrongful death case. It is crucial to reach out to a wrongful death lawyer in Washington County, MO, today if you’ve lost a family member due to criminal activity.
No matter what the cause, a qualified attorney can help you win the reimbursement you deserve. Combs Law Group’s Washington County, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact us today for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death case.
Damages in a Wrongful Death Case
You will need to consider special and general damages. These range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it’s your Washington County, MO, wrongful death lawyer’s goal to ensure that family members of the survivor receive fair and just compensation. These damages include the following:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you can see, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. You may also be able to claim punitive damages.
Wrongful Death Liability
It is important to prove liability and negligence. Did somebody cause the victim’s death? What were the circumstances? Autopsies, death certificates, and medical reports are extremely important. It is often best to file a wrongful death claim as soon as you can while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Cases in Washington County, MO
If you have lost someone close to you because of wrongful death (and are financially connected), you are going to have a lot of questions. Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death claims:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? There usually are no up-front fees. Our Washington County, MO, wrongful death lawyers take a percentage of any case victory and you don’t pay unless we win.
- Who is able to sue for a wrongful death case? Financial dependents, family members, parents, and even distant relatives may be able to sue for wrongful death. It varies based on the circumstances.
- Who can be sued for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and can include parts manufacturers, trucking companies, a business owner, nursing homes, distributors, and employers. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties may be at fault.
- What should I do if a family member dies? Get a lawyer to help you. Wrongful death cases can be complicated and it is important to have qualified legal experience at your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Likely, an insurance company will offer you a settlement that seems reasonable but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Hiring a wrongful death lawyer can change their minds pretty quickly.
Contact Your Washington County, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Now
It is important to act quickly if you have lost a loved one. Combs Law Group’s Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you have suffered the loss of someone close to you. Our Washington County, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through these tough times. From start to finish, we are here to help. Every case deserves a fair shot. Call us today at (314) 900-HELP or online for more information and a case consultation.
Combs Law Group has the resources and experience you need. We fight to win and our case results speak for themselves. Reach out to our Washington County, MO, wrongful death attorneys either by phone at (314) 900-HELP or online immediately.
Local Wrongful Death Attorney