Wrongful Death Attorney in Union, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Union, MO. Combs Law Group represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Losing a family member or spouse can be emotionally and financially devastating. At Combs Law Group, we help survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of Combs Law Group’s Union, MO, wrongful death lawyers today or give us a call at (314) 900-HELP if you are trying to start a case. Combs Law Group has helped many victims and their families recover damages for their loss, and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Cases
More than 190,000 people are killed by wrongful death accidents every year. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it’s a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. Regarding wrongful death, changes can be even more dramatic. Below, we’ve listed out the common claims associated with wrongful death:
- Traffic Accidents: Fatalities are high in major car and truck accidents. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: Many wrongful death lawsuits near Union, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient can be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work Accidents: Company negligence may include unsafe work environments, faulty equipment, poor training, fires, explosions, and other incidents that can happen on the job.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you may have a wrongful death case. It is important to contact a wrongful death attorney in Union, MO, now if you’ve lost a family member due to criminal activity.
No matter what the cause, a qualified lawyer can help you win the reimbursement you deserve. Combs Law Group’s Union, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact us now for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death case.
Wrongful Death Settlements
You need to consider special and general damages. These can range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it’s your Union, MO, wrongful death lawyer’s mission to ensure that family members of the survivor receive fair and just compensation. These damages include the following:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you can see, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages as well.
Liability for Wrongful Death
It is important to prove liability and negligence. Did somebody cause the victim’s death? What were the circumstances? Autopsies and medical records are extremely important. It is helpful to file a wrongful death claim as soon as you can while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Claims in Union, MO
If you have lost someone close to you because of wrongful death (and are financially connected), you are likely to have a lot of questions. Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death cases:
- How much does a lawyer cost? There usually are no up-front fees. Our Union, MO, wrongful death lawyers take a percentage of any case victory and you don’t pay unless we win.
- Who is able to sue for wrongful death? Parents, distant family members, life partners, and dependents are usually able to sue for wrongful death. It depends on the circumstances.
- Who can I sue for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and can include employers, manufacturers, distributors, hospitals, and others. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties can be at fault.
- What should I do if a family member dies? Find an attorney to help you. Wrongful death cases are complicated and it is important to have qualified legal experience on your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Most likely, an insurer will offer you a settlement that seems reasonable but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Getting a wrongful death lawyer can change their minds pretty quickly.
Contact Our Union, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Now
It is crucial to act quickly if you have lost a loved one. Combs Law Group’s Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you have suffered the loss of someone close to you. Our Union, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through this difficult experience. From start to finish, we are here to help. Every case deserves a fair shot. Call us today at (314) 900-HELP or online for more information and a case consultation.
Combs Law Group has the resources and experience you deserve. We fight to win and our victories speak for themselves. Do not hesitate to contact our Union, MO, wrongful death attorneys either by phone at (314) 900-HELP or online immediately.
Local Wrongful Death Attorney