Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Wrongful Death Attorney in Truesdale, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Truesdale, MO. Combs Law Group represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Losing a family member or spouse can be emotionally and financially devastating. Combs Law Group helps survivors get the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our Truesdale, MO, wrongful death lawyers today or call us at (314) 900-HELP if you are trying to start a case. We have helped many clients recover compensation for their loss, and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Claims
More than 190,000 people are killed by wrongful death accidents annually. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it is a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. In the matter of wrongful death, your lifestyle can change in a much more extreme way. Common types of wrongful death cases include:
- Traffic Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car or truck crashes. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: A large portion of wrongful death lawsuits near Truesdale, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient can be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work Accidents: Company negligence may include unsafe work environments, faulty equipment, poor training, fires, explosions, and other incidents that can happen on the job.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you might have a wrongful death case. It’s important to reach out to a wrongful death attorney in Truesdale, MO, today if you’ve lost a family member due to criminal activity.
No matter what the cause, a qualified law firm can help you win the reimbursement you deserve. Combs Law Group’s Truesdale, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact our firm now for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death case.
Wrongful Death Settlements
You need to consider special and general damages. These can range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it’s your Truesdale, MO, wrongful death lawyer’s job to ensure that survivors receive fair and just compensation. Some of these damages include:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you can see, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages as well.
Wrongful Death Liability
It is important to prove liability and negligence. How did it happen? Was someone at fault? Autopsies, death certificates, and medical reports are all very important. It is often best to file a wrongful death claim as soon as possible while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Claims in Truesdale, MO
If you have lost someone close to you because of wrongful death (and are financially connected), you are likely to have a lot of questions. Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death lawsuits:
- How much does a lawyer cost? There usually are no up-front fees. Our Truesdale, MO, wrongful death lawyers work on contingency, which means that you only owe a percentage of the damages if you win.
- Who is able to sue for a wrongful death case? Financial dependents, family members, parents, and even distant relatives may be able to sue for wrongful death. It varies based on the circumstances.
- Who can I sue for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and may include employers, manufacturers, distributors, hospitals, and others. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties can be at fault.
- What should I do if a family member dies? Find a lawyer to help you. Wrongful death cases can be complicated and it is important to have qualified legal experience on your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Likely, an insurer will offer you a settlement that sounds fair but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Hiring a wrongful death lawyer can change their minds quite quickly.
Contact Your Truesdale, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Now
It is important to act quickly if you have lost a loved one. Combs Law Group’s Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you have lost someone close to you. Our Truesdale, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through these tough times. From start to finish, we are here to help. Every case deserves a fair shot. Call us now at (314) 900-HELP or online for more information and a case consultation.
Combs Law Group has the resources and experience you deserve. We fight to win and our case results speak for themselves. Do not hesitate to contact our Truesdale, MO, wrongful death attorneys either by phone at (314) 900-HELP or online immediately.