Wrongful Death Attorney in Troy, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Troy, MO. Combs Law Group serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. The death of a spouse or family member can cause serious financial and emotional harm. Combs Law Group helps survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of Combs Law Group’s Troy, MO, wrongful death lawyers now or call us at (314) 900-HELP if you want legal representation. Combs Law Group has helped many clients recover compensation for their loss, and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Claims
More than 190,000 people are killed by wrongful death accidents each year. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it’s a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, or just about anything else. Regarding wrongful death, your lifestyle can change in a much more extreme way. Below, we’ve listed out the common claims associated with wrongful death:
- Traffic Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car and truck accidents. Leading causes include speeding, construction zones, driving under the influence, and texting.
- Medical Malpractice: A large portion of wrongful death lawsuits near Troy, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient can be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence may include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you might have a wrongful death case. It is essential to reach out to a wrongful death lawyer in Troy, MO, today if you’ve lost a family member due to criminal activity.
No matter what the cause, a qualified lawyer can help you win the compensation you deserve. Combs Law Group’s Troy, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact our firm today for a case review or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death case.
Wrongful Death Settlements
You will need to consider special and general damages. These range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it’s your Troy, MO, wrongful death lawyer’s job to make sure that family members of the survivor receive fair and just compensation. Some of these damages include:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you may notice, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages as well.
Wrongful Death Liability
It is important to prove liability and negligence. Did somebody cause the victim’s death? What were the circumstances? Autopsies, death certificates, and medical reports are all very important. It is helpful to file a wrongful death claim as soon as possible while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Claims in Troy, MO
If you have lost someone close to you because of wrongful death (and are financially connected), you are going to have a lot of questions. Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death cases:
- How much does a lawyer cost? There usually are no up-front fees. Our Troy, MO, wrongful death lawyers work on contingency, which means that you only owe a percentage of the damages if you win.
- Who is able to sue for wrongful death? Financial dependents, family members, parents, and even distant relatives may be able to sue for wrongful death. It varies based on the circumstances.
- Who can I sue for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and may include parts manufacturers, trucking companies, a business owner, nursing homes, distributors, and employers. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties can be at fault.
- How should I approach a wrongful death case? Get an attorney to help you. Wrongful death cases are complicated and it is important to have qualified legal experience on your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Most likely, an insurer will offer you a settlement that seems fair but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Having a wrongful death lawyer can change their minds quite quickly.
Contact Your Troy, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Now
It is crucial to act quickly if you have lost a loved one. Combs Law Group’s Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you have lost someone close to you. Our Troy, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through this difficult experience. From start to finish, we are here to help. Every case deserves a fair shot. Call us now at (314) 900-HELP or online for more information and a case consultation.
Combs Law Group has the resources and experience you need. We fight to win and our victories speak for themselves. Reach out to our Troy, MO, wrongful death attorneys either by phone at (314) 900-HELP or online immediately.
Local Wrongful Death Attorney