Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Wrongful Death Attorney in Sullivan, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Sullivan, MO. Combs Law Group represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Losing a family member or spouse can be emotionally and financially devastating. Combs Law Group helps survivors get the compensation they deserve. Contact one of Combs Law Group’s Sullivan, MO, wrongful death lawyers today or call us at (314) 900-HELP if you are trying to start a case. Combs Law Group has helped many clients recover compensation for their loss, and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Cases
More than 190,000 people are killed by wrongful death accidents every year. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it is a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, or just about anything else. Regarding wrongful death, your lifestyle can change in a much more extreme way. Below, we’ve listed out the common claims associated with wrongful death:
- Automotive Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car or truck accidents. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: A large portion of wrongful death lawsuits near Sullivan, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient can be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work Accidents: Company negligence can include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a death, you may have a wrongful death case. It is essential to reach out to a wrongful death lawyer in Sullivan, MO, today if you’ve lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
No matter what the cause, a qualified attorney can help you win the reimbursement you deserve. Combs Law Group’s Sullivan, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact our firm now for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death claim.
Wrongful Death Damages
You will need to consider special and general damages. These range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it’s your Sullivan, MO, wrongful death attorney’s mission to make sure that family members of the survivor receive fair and just compensation. Some of these damages include:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you can see, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. You may also be able to claim punitive damages.
Liability for Wrongful Death
It is important to prove liability and negligence. Did somebody cause the victim’s death? What were the circumstances? Autopsies and medical records are all very important. It is useful to file a wrongful death claim as soon as possible while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Cases in Sullivan, MO
If you have lost someone close to you because of wrongful death (and are financially connected), you are going to have a lot of questions. Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death lawsuits:
- How much does a lawyer cost? There usually are no up-front fees. Our Sullivan, MO, wrongful death lawyers work on contingency, which means that you only owe a percentage of the damages if you win.
- Who is able to sue for wrongful death? Parents, distant family members, life partners, and dependents are usually able to sue for wrongful death. It depends on the circumstances.
- Who can you sue for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and can include parts manufacturers, trucking companies, a business owner, nursing homes, distributors, and employers. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties may be liable.
- What should I do if a family member dies? Get a lawyer to help you. Wrongful death claims are complicated and it is important to have qualified legal experience on your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Most likely, an insurer will offer you a settlement that sounds fair but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Having a wrongful death attorney can change their minds pretty quickly.
Contact Our Sullivan, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Now
It is important to act quickly if you have lost a loved one. Combs Law Group’s Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you have lost someone close to you. Our Sullivan, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through this difficult experience. From start to finish, we are here to help. Victims deserve a fair shot. Call us today at (314) 900-HELP or online for more information and a case consultation.
Our firm has the resources and experience you deserve. We fight to win and our victories speak for themselves. Reach out to our Sullivan, MO, wrongful death attorneys either by phone at (314) 900-HELP or online immediately.