Wrongful Death Attorney in St. Peters, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in St. Peters, MO. Combs Law Group represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Losing a family member or spouse can be emotionally and financially devastating. At Combs Law Group, we help survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of Combs Law Group’s St. Peters, MO, wrongful death lawyers today or call us at (314) 900-HELP if you want to settle a claim or case. Combs Law Group has helped many clients recover compensation for their loss, and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Cases
More than 190,000 people die in wrongful death accidents annually. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it’s a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. In the matter of wrongful death, changes can be even more dramatic. Common types of wrongful death cases include:
- Vehicle Accidents: Fatalities are high in major car or truck accidents. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: A large portion of wrongful death lawsuits near St. Peters, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient can be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work Accidents: Company negligence can include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Behavior: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you may have a wrongful death case. It is crucial to reach out to a wrongful death attorney in St. Peters, MO, today if you’ve lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
No matter what the cause, a qualified attorney can help you get the compensation you deserve. Combs Law Group’s St. Peters, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact us now for a case review or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death claim.
Damages in a Wrongful Death Case
You will need to consider special and general damages. These range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it’s your St. Peters, MO, wrongful death attorney’s mission to ensure that family members of the survivor receive fair and just compensation. Some of these damages include:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you can see, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages as well.
Wrongful Death Liability
It is important to prove liability and negligence. How did it happen? Was someone at fault? Autopsies, death certificates, and medical reports are all very important. It is often best to file a wrongful death claim as soon as you can while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Claims in St. Peters, MO
If you have lost a family member due to wrongful death (and are financially connected), you are likely to have a lot of questions. Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death lawsuits:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? Typically, there are no up-front fees. Our St. Peters, MO, wrongful death lawyers work on contingency, which means that you only owe a percentage of the damages if you win.
- Who is able to sue for wrongful death? Parents, distant family members, life partners, and dependents are usually able to sue for wrongful death. It varies based on the circumstances.
- Who can I sue for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and can include employers, manufacturers, distributors, hospitals, and others. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties may be at fault.
- How should I approach a wrongful death case? Get a lawyer to help you. Wrongful death claims can be complicated and it is important to have qualified legal experience at your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Most likely, an insurer will offer you a settlement that seems fair but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Getting a wrongful death lawyer can change their minds quite quickly.
Contact Your St. Peters, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Now
It is essential to act quickly if you have lost a loved one. Combs Law Group’s Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you have suffered the loss of someone close to you. Our St. Peters, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through this difficult experience. From start to finish, we are here to help. Every case deserves a fair shot. Call us now at (314) 900-HELP or online for more information and a case consultation.
Our firm has the resources and experience you need. We fight to win and our case results speak for themselves. Reach out to our St. Peters, MO, wrongful death attorneys either by phone at (314) 900-HELP or online immediately.
Local Wrongful Death Attorney