Wrongful Death Attorney in St. Louis, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in St. Louis, MO. Combs Law Group represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. The death of a spouse or family member can cause serious financial and emotional harm. At Combs Law Group, we help survivors get the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our St. Louis, MO, wrongful death lawyers today or give us a call at (314) 900-HELP if you want legal representation. Our firm has helped many clients recover compensation for their loss, and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Cases
More than 190,000 people die in wrongful death accidents annually. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it is a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, or just about anything else. In the matter of wrongful death, your lifestyle can change in a much more extreme way. Below, we’ve listed out the common claims associated with wrongful death:
- Vehicle Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car and truck crashes. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: Many wrongful death lawsuits near St. Louis, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient may be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work Accidents: Company negligence can include unsafe work environments, faulty equipment, poor training, fires, explosions, and other incidents that can happen on the job.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a death, you might have a wrongful death case. It’s important to reach out to a wrongful death attorney in St. Louis, MO, now if you’ve lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
No matter what the cause, an experienced attorney can help you win the compensation you deserve. Combs Law Group’s St. Louis, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact us now for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death claim.
Damages in a Wrongful Death Case
You need to consider special and general damages. These can range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it’s your St. Louis, MO, wrongful death attorney’s goal to make sure that survivors receive fair and just compensation. Some of these damages include:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you may notice, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages as well.
Wrongful Death Liability
It is important to prove liability and negligence. How did it happen? Was someone at fault? Autopsies and medical records are extremely important. It is helpful to file a wrongful death claim as soon as you can while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Claims in St. Louis, MO
If you have lost a family member due to wrongful death (and are financially connected), you are going to have a lot of questions. Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death claims:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? Typically, there are no up-front fees. Our St. Louis, MO, wrongful death lawyers work on contingency, which means that you only owe a percentage of the damages if you win.
- Who is able to sue for wrongful death? Financial dependents, family members, parents, and even distant relatives may be able to sue for wrongful death. It depends on the circumstances.
- Who can you sue for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and can include employers, manufacturers, distributors, hospitals, and others. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties can be liable.
- What should I do if a family member dies? Get a lawyer to help you. Wrongful death cases can be complicated and it is important to have qualified legal experience on your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Likely, an insurer will offer you a settlement that seems reasonable but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Having a wrongful death attorney can change their minds quite quickly.
Contact Our St. Louis, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Now
It is important to act quickly if you have lost a loved one. Combs Law Group’s Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you have lost someone close to you. Our St. Louis, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through this difficult experience. From start to finish, we are here to help. Every case deserves a fair shot. Call us now at (314) 900-HELP or online for more information and a case consultation.
Combs Law Group has the resources and experience you deserve. We fight to win and our case results speak for themselves. Do not hesitate to contact our St. Louis, MO, wrongful death attorneys either by phone at (314) 900-HELP or online immediately.
Local Wrongful Death Attorney