Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Wrongful Death Attorney in St. Louis County, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in St. Louis County, MO. Combs Law Group serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. The death of a spouse or family member can cause serious financial and emotional harm. Combs Law Group helps survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of Combs Law Group’s St. Louis County, MO, wrongful death lawyers now or give us a call at (314) 900-HELP if you want to settle a claim or case. Our firm has helped many clients recover damages for their loss, and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Cases
More than 190,000 people are killed by wrongful death accidents each year. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it’s a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, or just about anything else. Regarding wrongful death, your lifestyle can change in a much more extreme way. Common types of wrongful death cases include:
- Traffic Accidents: Fatalities are high in major car and truck crashes. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: Many wrongful death lawsuits near St. Louis County, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient may be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work Accidents: Company negligence can include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Behavior: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you may have a wrongful death case. It’s important to contact a wrongful death lawyer in St. Louis County, MO, today if you’ve lost a family member due to criminal activity.
No matter what the cause, a qualified attorney can help you win the compensation you deserve. Combs Law Group’s St. Louis County, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact our firm now for a case review or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death claim.
Wrongful Death Damages
You need to consider special and general damages. These range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it’s your St. Louis County, MO, wrongful death lawyer’s mission to ensure that survivors receive fair and just compensation. These damages include:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you may notice, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. You may also be able to claim punitive damages.
Wrongful Death Liability
It is important to prove liability and negligence. Did somebody cause the victim’s death? What were the circumstances? Autopsies and medical records are extremely important. It is often best to file a wrongful death claim as soon as you can while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Cases in St. Louis County, MO
If you have lost a family member due to wrongful death (and are financially connected), you are going to have a lot of questions. Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death claims:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? There usually are no up-front fees. Our St. Louis County, MO, wrongful death lawyers work on contingency, which means that you only owe a percentage of the damages if you win.
- Who is able to sue for wrongful death? Financial dependents, family members, parents, and even distant relatives may be able to sue for wrongful death. It varies based on the circumstances.
- Who can you sue for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and can include parts manufacturers, trucking companies, a business owner, nursing homes, distributors, and employers. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties may be at fault.
- How should I approach a wrongful death case? Get an attorney to help you. Wrongful death claims can be complicated and it is important to have qualified legal experience on your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Most likely, an insurance company will offer you a settlement that sounds reasonable but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Hiring a wrongful death lawyer can change their minds quite quickly.
Contact Our St. Louis County, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Now
It is essential to act quickly if you have lost a loved one. Combs Law Group’s Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you have lost someone close to you. Our St. Louis County, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through these tough times. From start to finish, we are here to help. Victims deserve a fair shot. Contact us today at (314) 900-HELP or online for more information and a case consultation.
Our firm has the resources and experience you deserve. We fight to win and our victories speak for themselves. Reach out to our St. Louis County, MO, wrongful death attorneys either by phone at (314) 900-HELP or online immediately.