Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Wrongful Death Attorney in Pike County, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Pike County, MO. Combs Law Group serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. The death of a spouse or family member can cause serious financial and emotional harm. At Combs Law Group, we help survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our Pike County, MO, wrongful death lawyers today or give us a call at (314) 900-HELP if you are trying to start a case. Our firm has helped many survivors recover damages for their loss, and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Claims
More than 190,000 people are killed by wrongful death accidents every year. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it’s a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, or just about anything else. In the matter of wrongful death, your lifestyle can change in a much more extreme way. Common types of wrongful death cases include:
- Vehicle Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car and truck crashes. Leading causes include speeding, construction zones, driving under the influence, and texting.
- Medical Malpractice: Lots of wrongful death lawsuits near Pike County, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient may be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence may include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Behavior: If a criminal act leads to a death, you might have a wrongful death case. It’s essential to contact a wrongful death attorney in Pike County, MO, today if you’ve lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
No matter what the cause, a qualified lawyer can help you get the reimbursement you deserve. Combs Law Group’s Pike County, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact us today for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death case.
Wrongful Death Settlements
You will need to consider special and general damages. These range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it’s your Pike County, MO, wrongful death attorney’s mission to make sure that family members of the survivor receive fair and just compensation. These damages include the following:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you may notice, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. You may also be able to claim punitive damages.
Liability for Wrongful Death
It is important to prove liability and negligence. How did it happen? Was someone at fault? Autopsies, death certificates, and medical reports are extremely important. It is often best to file a wrongful death claim as soon as you can while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Claims in Pike County, MO
If you have lost a family member due to wrongful death (and are financially connected), you are going to have a lot of questions. Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death cases:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? Typically, there are no up-front fees. Our Pike County, MO, wrongful death lawyers take a percentage of any case victory and you don’t pay unless we win.
- Who is able to sue for wrongful death? Financial dependents, family members, parents, and even distant relatives may be able to sue for wrongful death. It varies based on the circumstances.
- Who can be sued for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and may include employers, manufacturers, distributors, hospitals, and others. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties may be at fault.
- What should I do if a family member dies? Find a lawyer to help you. Wrongful death claims are complicated and it is important to have qualified legal experience on your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Likely, an insurance company will offer you a settlement that seems fair but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Hiring a wrongful death lawyer can change their minds pretty quickly.
Contact Your Pike County, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Now
It is essential to act quickly if you have lost a loved one. Combs Law Group’s Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you have lost someone close to you. Our Pike County, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through these tough times. From start to finish, we are here to help. Every case deserves a fair shot. Contact us now at (314) 900-HELP or online for more information and a case consultation.
Our firm has the resources and experience you need. We fight to win and our victories speak for themselves. Do not hesitate to contact our Pike County, MO, wrongful death attorneys either by phone at (314) 900-HELP or online immediately.