Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Wrongful Death Attorney in Owensville, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Owensville, MO. Combs Law Group represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. The death of a spouse or family member can cause serious financial and emotional harm. At Combs Law Group, we help survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of Combs Law Group’s Owensville, MO, wrongful death lawyers today or call us at (314) 900-HELP if you want legal representation. We have helped many victims and their families recover damages for their loss, and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Claims
More than 190,000 people die in wrongful death accidents every year. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it’s a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, or just about anything else. In the matter of wrongful death, changes can be even more dramatic. Below, we’ve listed out the common claims associated with wrongful death:
- Vehicle Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car or truck crashes. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: Lots of wrongful death lawsuits near Owensville, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient may be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work Accidents: Company negligence may include unsafe work environments, faulty equipment, poor training, fires, explosions, and other incidents that can happen on the job.
- Criminal Behavior: If a criminal act leads to a death, you might have a wrongful death case. It’s important to contact a wrongful death attorney in Owensville, MO, now if you’ve lost a family member due to criminal activity.
No matter what the cause, a qualified lawyer can help you get the reimbursement you deserve. Combs Law Group’s Owensville, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact us today for a case review or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death case.
Wrongful Death Settlements
You need to consider both economic and non-economic damages. These range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it’s your Owensville, MO, wrongful death attorney’s job to ensure that survivors receive fair and just compensation. Some of these damages include the following:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you may notice, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages as well.
Liability for Wrongful Death
It is important to prove liability and negligence. How did it happen? Was someone at fault? Autopsies, death certificates, and medical reports are all very important. It is often best to file a wrongful death claim as soon as you can while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Cases in Owensville, MO
If you have lost a family member due to wrongful death (and are financially connected), you are going to have a lot of questions. Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death claims:
- How much does a lawyer cost? There usually are no up-front fees. Our Owensville, MO, wrongful death lawyers work on contingency, which means that you only owe a percentage of the damages if you win.
- Who is able to sue for a wrongful death case? Parents, distant family members, life partners, and dependents are usually able to sue for wrongful death. It depends on the circumstances.
- Who can you sue for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and may include parts manufacturers, trucking companies, a business owner, nursing homes, distributors, and employers. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties may be liable.
- What should I do if a family member dies? Get a lawyer to help you. Wrongful death cases are complicated and it is important to have qualified legal experience on your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Most likely, an insurance company will offer you a settlement that seems reasonable but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Hiring a wrongful death attorney can change their minds pretty quickly.
Contact Our Owensville, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Now
It is essential to act quickly if you have lost a loved one. Combs Law Group’s Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you have lost someone close to you. Our Owensville, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through this difficult experience. From start to finish, we are here to help. Every case deserves a fair shot. Call us now at (314) 900-HELP or online for more information and a case consultation.
Combs Law Group has the resources and experience you deserve. We fight to win and our victories speak for themselves. Reach out to our Owensville, MO, wrongful death attorneys either by phone at (314) 900-HELP or online immediately.