Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Wrongful Death Attorney in Olivette, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Olivette, MO. Combs Law Group represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Losing a family member or spouse can be emotionally and financially devastating. At Combs Law Group, we help survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our Olivette, MO, wrongful death lawyers today or give us a call at (314) 900-HELP if you want legal representation. Combs Law Group has helped many survivors recover compensation for their loss, and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Claims
More than 190,000 people die in wrongful death accidents annually. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it is a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, or just about anything else. In the matter of wrongful death, changes can be even more dramatic. Below, we’ve listed out the common claims associated with wrongful death:
- Traffic Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car or truck crashes. Leading causes include speeding, construction zones, driving under the influence, and texting.
- Medical Malpractice: Lots of wrongful death lawsuits near Olivette, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient can be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work Accidents: Company negligence may include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you may have a wrongful death case. It’s crucial to reach out to a wrongful death lawyer in Olivette, MO, now if you’ve lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
No matter what the cause, an experienced law firm can help you win the compensation you deserve. Combs Law Group’s Olivette, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact our firm today for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death claim.
Wrongful Death Damages
You will need to consider special and general damages. These can range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it’s your Olivette, MO, wrongful death lawyer’s goal to make sure that family members of the survivor receive fair and just compensation. Some of these damages include:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you may notice, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. You may also be able to claim punitive damages.
Wrongful Death Liability
It is important to prove liability and negligence. How did it happen? Was someone at fault? Autopsies, death certificates, and medical reports are extremely important. It is often best to file a wrongful death claim as soon as you can while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Cases in Olivette, MO
If you have lost a family member due to wrongful death (and are financially connected), you are going to have a lot of questions. Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death lawsuits:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? Typically, there are no up-front fees. Our Olivette, MO, wrongful death lawyers take a percentage of any case victory and you don’t pay unless we win.
- Who is able to sue for wrongful death? Parents, distant family members, life partners, and dependents are usually able to sue for wrongful death. It depends on the circumstances.
- Who can you sue for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and can include parts manufacturers, trucking companies, a business owner, nursing homes, distributors, and employers. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties can be at fault.
- What should I do if a family member dies? Find an attorney to help you. Wrongful death claims can be complicated and it is important to have qualified legal experience on your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Likely, an insurer will offer you a settlement that sounds fair but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Hiring a wrongful death attorney can change their minds pretty quickly.
Contact Our Olivette, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Now
It is essential to act quickly if you have lost a loved one. Combs Law Group’s Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you have lost someone close to you. Our Olivette, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through this difficult experience. From start to finish, we are here to help. Every case deserves a fair shot. Call us today at (314) 900-HELP or online for more information and a case consultation.
Combs Law Group has the resources and experience you deserve. We fight to win and our case results speak for themselves. Do not hesitate to contact our Olivette, MO, wrongful death attorneys either by phone at (314) 900-HELP or online immediately.