Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Wrongful Death Attorney in Old Monroe, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Old Monroe, MO. Combs Law Group serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Losing a family member or spouse can be emotionally and financially devastating. Combs Law Group helps survivors get the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our Old Monroe, MO, wrongful death lawyers now or call us at (314) 900-HELP if you are trying to start a case. We have helped many survivors recover damages for their loss, and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Claims
More than 190,000 people die in wrongful death accidents each year. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it’s a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, or just about anything else. In the matter of wrongful death, your lifestyle can change in a much more extreme way. Below, we’ve listed out the common claims associated with wrongful death:
- Traffic Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car and truck crashes. Leading causes include speeding, construction zones, driving under the influence, and texting.
- Medical Malpractice: Many wrongful death lawsuits near Old Monroe, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient may be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work Accidents: Company negligence may include unsafe work environments, faulty equipment, poor training, fires, explosions, and other incidents that can happen on the job.
- Criminal Behavior: If a criminal act leads to a death, you may have a wrongful death case. It is important to reach out to a wrongful death lawyer in Old Monroe, MO, today if you’ve lost a family member due to criminal activity.
No matter what the cause, a qualified law firm can help you get the reimbursement you deserve. Combs Law Group’s Old Monroe, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact our firm today for a case review or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death case.
Wrongful Death Damages
You need to consider both economic and non-economic damages. These range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it’s your Old Monroe, MO, wrongful death attorney’s mission to ensure that family members of the survivor receive fair and just compensation. Some of these damages include the following:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you may notice, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. You may also be able to claim punitive damages.
Liability for Wrongful Death
It is important to prove liability and negligence. How did it happen? Was someone at fault? Autopsies, death certificates, and medical reports are extremely important. It is helpful to file a wrongful death claim as soon as you can while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Cases in Old Monroe, MO
If you have lost someone close to you because of wrongful death (and are financially connected), you are going to have a lot of questions. Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death claims:
- How much does a lawyer cost? There usually are no up-front fees. Our Old Monroe, MO, wrongful death lawyers take a percentage of any case victory and you don’t pay unless we win.
- Who is able to sue for a wrongful death case? Financial dependents, family members, parents, and even distant relatives may be able to sue for wrongful death. It varies based on the circumstances.
- Who can be sued for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and may include employers, manufacturers, distributors, hospitals, and others. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties can be liable.
- How should I approach a wrongful death case? Find a lawyer to help you. Wrongful death cases are complicated and it is important to have qualified legal experience at your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Likely, an insurer will offer you a settlement that seems reasonable but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Hiring a wrongful death lawyer can change their minds pretty quickly.
Contact Your Old Monroe, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Now
It is important to act quickly if you have lost a loved one. Combs Law Group’s Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you have lost someone close to you. Our Old Monroe, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through this difficult experience. From start to finish, we are here to help. Victims deserve a fair shot. Contact us now at (314) 900-HELP or online for more information and a case consultation.
Our firm has the resources and experience you need. We fight to win and our victories speak for themselves. Do not hesitate to contact our Old Monroe, MO, wrongful death attorneys either by phone at (314) 900-HELP or online immediately.