Wrongful Death Attorney in Normandy, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Normandy, MO. Combs Law Group represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. The death of a spouse or family member can cause serious financial and emotional harm. Combs Law Group helps survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of Combs Law Group’s Normandy, MO, wrongful death lawyers now or call us at (314) 900-HELP if you are trying to start a case. We have helped many survivors recover damages for their loss, and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Cases
More than 190,000 people are killed by wrongful death accidents every year. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it is a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, or just about anything else. In the matter of wrongful death, your lifestyle can change in a much more extreme way. Below, we’ve listed out the common claims associated with wrongful death:
- Traffic Accidents: Fatalities are high in major car or truck accidents. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: A large portion of wrongful death lawsuits near Normandy, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient may be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work Accidents: Company negligence can include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Behavior: If a criminal act leads to a death, you may have a wrongful death case. It’s important to reach out to a wrongful death lawyer in Normandy, MO, now if you’ve lost a family member due to criminal activity.
No matter what the cause, a qualified attorney can help you win the compensation you deserve. Combs Law Group’s Normandy, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact our firm today for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death claim.
Wrongful Death Settlements
You will need to consider special and general damages. These range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it’s your Normandy, MO, wrongful death attorney’s goal to make sure that family members of the survivor receive fair and just compensation. Some of these damages include the following:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you may notice, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. You may also be able to claim punitive damages.
Wrongful Death Liability
It is important to prove liability and negligence. Did somebody cause the victim’s death? What were the circumstances? Autopsies and medical records are all very important. It is useful to file a wrongful death claim as soon as possible while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Claims in Normandy, MO
If you have lost someone close to you because of wrongful death (and are financially connected), you are going to have a lot of questions. Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death lawsuits:
- How much does a lawyer cost? Typically, there are no up-front fees. Our Normandy, MO, wrongful death lawyers work on contingency, which means that you only owe a percentage of the damages if you win.
- Who is able to sue for a wrongful death case? Financial dependents, family members, parents, and even distant relatives may be able to sue for wrongful death. It depends on the circumstances.
- Who can you sue for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and can include employers, manufacturers, distributors, hospitals, and others. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties may be at fault.
- What should I do if a family member dies? Get an attorney to help you. Wrongful death claims can be complicated and it is important to have qualified legal experience at your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Most likely, an insurance company will offer you a settlement that sounds fair but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Having a wrongful death lawyer can change their minds quite quickly.
Contact Your Normandy, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Now
It is essential to act quickly if you have lost a loved one. Combs Law Group’s Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you have suffered the loss of someone close to you. Our Normandy, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through these tough times. From start to finish, we are here to help. Victims deserve a fair shot. Call us today at (314) 900-HELP or online for more information and a case consultation.
Combs Law Group has the resources and experience you deserve. We fight to win and our victories speak for themselves. Do not hesitate to contact our Normandy, MO, wrongful death attorneys either by phone at (314) 900-HELP or online immediately.
Local Wrongful Death Attorney