Wrongful Death Attorney in Montgomery City, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Montgomery City, MO. Combs Law Group represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Losing a family member or spouse can be emotionally and financially devastating. At Combs Law Group, we help survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our Montgomery City, MO, wrongful death lawyers now or give us a call at (314) 900-HELP if you want legal representation. We have helped many victims and their families recover compensation for their loss, and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Claims
More than 190,000 people are killed by wrongful death accidents annually. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it’s a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. In the matter of wrongful death, your lifestyle can change in a much more extreme way. Below, we’ve listed out the common claims associated with wrongful death:
- Automotive Accidents: Fatalities are high in major car and truck crashes. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: Many wrongful death lawsuits near Montgomery City, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient can be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work Accidents: Company negligence may include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a death, you might have a wrongful death case. It is essential to contact a wrongful death lawyer in Montgomery City, MO, now if you’ve lost a family member due to criminal activity.
No matter what the cause, an experienced lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve. Combs Law Group’s Montgomery City, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact our firm now for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death claim.
Wrongful Death Settlements
You will need to consider special and general damages. These can range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it’s your Montgomery City, MO, wrongful death attorney’s job to ensure that family members of the survivor receive fair and just compensation. Some of these damages include:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you may notice, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. You may also be able to claim punitive damages.
Liability for Wrongful Death
It is important to prove liability and negligence. How did it happen? Was someone at fault? Autopsies, death certificates, and medical reports are all very important. It is helpful to file a wrongful death claim as soon as possible while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Claims in Montgomery City, MO
If you have lost a family member due to wrongful death (and are financially connected), you are likely to have a lot of questions. Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death cases:
- How much does a lawyer cost? There usually are no up-front fees. Our Montgomery City, MO, wrongful death lawyers take a percentage of any case victory and you don’t pay unless we win.
- Who is able to sue for wrongful death? Parents, distant family members, life partners, and dependents are usually able to sue for wrongful death. It varies based on the circumstances.
- Who can be sued for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and can include parts manufacturers, trucking companies, a business owner, nursing homes, distributors, and employers. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties can be at fault.
- How should I approach a wrongful death case? Get an attorney to help you. Wrongful death claims are complicated and it is important to have qualified legal experience at your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Likely, an insurer will offer you a settlement that sounds fair but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Hiring a wrongful death attorney can change their minds pretty quickly.
Contact Your Montgomery City, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Today
It is crucial to act quickly if you have lost a loved one. Combs Law Group’s Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you have suffered the loss of someone close to you. Our Montgomery City, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through these tough times. From start to finish, we are here to help. Every case deserves a fair shot. Contact us today at (314) 900-HELP or online for more information and a case consultation.
Our firm has the resources and experience you need. We fight to win and our case results speak for themselves. Do not hesitate to contact our Montgomery City, MO, wrongful death attorneys either by phone at (314) 900-HELP or online immediately.
Local Wrongful Death Attorney