Wrongful Death Attorney in Kirkwood, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Kirkwood, MO. Combs Law Group represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. The death of a spouse or family member can cause serious financial and emotional harm. Combs Law Group helps survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of Combs Law Group’s Kirkwood, MO, wrongful death lawyers today or call us at (314) 900-HELP if you want to settle a claim or case. We’ve helped many victims recover damages for their loss, and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Claims
More than 190,000 people are killed by wrongful death accidents each year. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it is a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. Regarding wrongful death, changes can be even more dramatic. Below, we’ve listed out the common claims associated with wrongful death:
- Vehicle Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car and truck accidents. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: A large portion of wrongful death lawsuits near Kirkwood, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient may be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence may include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you might have a wrongful death case. It is crucial to contact a wrongful death attorney in Kirkwood, MO, today if you’ve lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
No matter what the cause, a qualified law firm can help you win the reimbursement you deserve. Combs Law Group’s Kirkwood, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact our firm today for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death case.
Wrongful Death Settlements
You will need to consider both economic and non-economic damages. These range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it’s your Kirkwood, MO, wrongful death lawyer’s job to make sure that family members of the survivor receive fair and just compensation. Some of these damages include the following:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you can see, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages as well.
Wrongful Death Liability
It is important to prove liability and negligence. How did it happen? Was someone at fault? Autopsies and medical records are extremely important. It is useful to file a wrongful death claim as soon as possible while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Cases in Kirkwood, MO
If you have lost someone close to you because of wrongful death (and are financially connected), you are likely to have a lot of questions. Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death claims:
- How much does a lawyer cost? There usually are no up-front fees. Our Kirkwood, MO, wrongful death lawyers take a percentage of any case victory and you don’t pay unless we win.
- Who is able to sue for wrongful death? Parents, distant family members, life partners, and dependents are usually able to sue for wrongful death. It varies based on the circumstances.
- Who can be sued for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and may include parts manufacturers, trucking companies, a business owner, nursing homes, distributors, and employers. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties can be at fault.
- How should I approach a wrongful death case? Get a lawyer to help you. Wrongful death claims are complicated and it is important to have qualified legal experience at your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Likely, an insurer will offer you a settlement that seems fair but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Having a wrongful death attorney can change their minds pretty quickly.
Contact Our Kirkwood, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Now
It is crucial to act quickly if you have lost a loved one. Combs Law Group’s Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you have lost someone close to you. Our Kirkwood, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through these tough times. From start to finish, we are here to help. Victims deserve a fair shot. Call us today at (314) 900-HELP or online for more information and a case consultation.
Combs Law Group has the resources and experience you deserve. We fight to win and our case results speak for themselves. Reach out to our Kirkwood, MO, wrongful death attorneys either by phone at (314) 900-HELP or online immediately.
Local Wrongful Death Attorney