Wrongful Death Attorney in Kingdom City, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Kingdom City, MO. Combs Law Group serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. The death of a spouse or family member can cause serious financial and emotional harm. At Combs Law Group, we help survivors get the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our Kingdom City, MO, wrongful death lawyers now or give us a call at (314) 900-HELP if you want to settle a claim or case. Combs Law Group has helped many survivors recover compensation for their loss, and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Claims
More than 190,000 people are killed by wrongful death accidents each year. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it’s a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, or just about anything else. In the matter of wrongful death, changes can be even more dramatic. Common types of wrongful death cases include:
- Vehicle Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car or truck accidents. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: A large portion of wrongful death lawsuits near Kingdom City, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient may be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work Accidents: Company negligence can include unsafe work environments, faulty equipment, poor training, fires, explosions, and other incidents that can happen on the job.
- Criminal Behavior: If a criminal act leads to a death, you may have a wrongful death case. It is important to contact a wrongful death attorney in Kingdom City, MO, now if you’ve lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
No matter what the cause, an experienced lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve. Combs Law Group’s Kingdom City, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact our firm today for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death claim.
Wrongful Death Settlements
You need to consider both economic and non-economic damages. These range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it’s your Kingdom City, MO, wrongful death lawyer’s goal to ensure that survivors receive fair and just compensation. These damages include:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you may notice, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages as well.
Liability for Wrongful Death
It is important to prove liability and negligence. Did somebody cause the victim’s death? What were the circumstances? Autopsies, death certificates, and medical reports are extremely important. It is helpful to file a wrongful death claim as soon as you can while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Cases in Kingdom City, MO
If you have lost a family member due to wrongful death (and are financially connected), you are going to have a lot of questions. Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death claims:
- How much does a lawyer cost? There usually are no up-front fees. Our Kingdom City, MO, wrongful death lawyers take a percentage of any case victory and you don’t pay unless we win.
- Who is able to sue for wrongful death? Parents, distant family members, life partners, and dependents are usually able to sue for wrongful death. It varies based on the circumstances.
- Who can you sue for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and can include parts manufacturers, trucking companies, a business owner, nursing homes, distributors, and employers. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties can be liable.
- What should I do if a family member dies? Get an attorney to help you. Wrongful death claims are complicated and it is important to have qualified legal experience on your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Most likely, an insurance company will offer you a settlement that sounds fair but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Getting a wrongful death lawyer can change their minds pretty quickly.
Contact Our Kingdom City, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Now
It is important to act quickly if you have lost a loved one. Combs Law Group’s Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you have suffered the loss of someone close to you. Our Kingdom City, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through this difficult experience. From start to finish, we are here to help. Victims deserve a fair shot. Call us today at (314) 900-HELP or online for more information and a case consultation.
Combs Law Group has the resources and experience you deserve. We fight to win and our victories speak for themselves. Reach out to our Kingdom City, MO, wrongful death attorneys either by phone at (314) 900-HELP or online immediately.
Local Wrongful Death Attorney