Wrongful Death Attorney in Hillsboro, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Hillsboro, MO. Combs Law Group represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. The death of a spouse or family member can cause serious financial and emotional harm. Combs Law Group helps survivors get the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our Hillsboro, MO, wrongful death lawyers now or call us at (314) 900-HELP if you are trying to start a case. We’ve helped many clients recover damages for their loss, and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Cases
More than 190,000 people die in wrongful death accidents every year. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it’s a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. Regarding wrongful death, changes can be even more dramatic. Common types of wrongful death cases include:
- Traffic Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car and truck accidents. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: Many wrongful death lawsuits near Hillsboro, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient can be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work Accidents: Company negligence may include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a death, you might have a wrongful death case. It is important to contact a wrongful death lawyer in Hillsboro, MO, now if you’ve lost a family member due to criminal activity.
No matter what the cause, a qualified attorney can help you get the compensation you deserve. Combs Law Group’s Hillsboro, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact us now for a case review or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death claim.
Wrongful Death Damages
You will need to consider special and general damages. These can range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it’s your Hillsboro, MO, wrongful death lawyer’s job to ensure that family members of the survivor receive fair and just compensation. Some of these damages include the following:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you can see, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. You may also be able to claim punitive damages.
Wrongful Death Liability
It is important to prove liability and negligence. How did it happen? Was someone at fault? Autopsies, death certificates, and medical reports are extremely important. It is useful to file a wrongful death claim as soon as you can while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Claims in Hillsboro, MO
If you have lost someone close to you because of wrongful death (and are financially connected), you are going to have a lot of questions. Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death cases:
- How much does a lawyer cost? Typically, there are no up-front fees. Our Hillsboro, MO, wrongful death lawyers work on contingency, which means that you only owe a percentage of the damages if you win.
- Who is able to sue for a wrongful death case? Financial dependents, family members, parents, and even distant relatives may be able to sue for wrongful death. It varies based on the circumstances.
- Who can be sued for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and can include parts manufacturers, trucking companies, a business owner, nursing homes, distributors, and employers. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties can be liable.
- What should I do if a family member dies? Find a lawyer to help you. Wrongful death cases can be complicated and it is important to have qualified legal experience on your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Most likely, an insurer will offer you a settlement that seems fair but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Having a wrongful death attorney can change their minds pretty quickly.
Contact Our Hillsboro, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Now
It is crucial to act quickly if you have lost a loved one. Combs Law Group’s Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you have lost someone close to you. Our Hillsboro, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through this difficult experience. From start to finish, we are here to help. Victims deserve a fair shot. Call us today at (314) 900-HELP or online for more information and a case consultation.
Combs Law Group has the resources and experience you deserve. We fight to win and our victories speak for themselves. Do not hesitate to contact our Hillsboro, MO, wrongful death attorneys either by phone at (314) 900-HELP or online immediately.
Local Wrongful Death Attorney