Wrongful Death Attorney in Harvester, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Harvester, MO. Combs Law Group serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. The death of a spouse or family member can cause serious financial and emotional harm. Combs Law Group helps survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of Combs Law Group’s Harvester, MO, wrongful death lawyers now or give us a call at (314) 900-HELP if you want legal representation. We’ve helped many victims and their families recover damages for their loss, and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Claims
More than 190,000 people are killed by wrongful death accidents every year. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it’s a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, or just about anything else. Regarding wrongful death, your lifestyle can change in a much more extreme way. Below, we’ve listed out the common claims associated with wrongful death:
- Traffic Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car or truck accidents. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: Many wrongful death lawsuits near Harvester, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient can be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence may include unsafe work environments, faulty equipment, poor training, fires, explosions, and other incidents that can happen on the job.
- Criminal Behavior: If a criminal act leads to a death, you might have a wrongful death case. It’s important to reach out to a wrongful death lawyer in Harvester, MO, today if you’ve lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
No matter what the cause, a qualified lawyer can help you get the reimbursement you deserve. Combs Law Group’s Harvester, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact us today for a case review or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death case.
Damages in a Wrongful Death Case
You need to consider special and general damages. These can range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it’s your Harvester, MO, wrongful death attorney’s mission to ensure that survivors receive fair and just compensation. Some of these damages include:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you may notice, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. You may also be able to claim punitive damages.
Wrongful Death Liability
It is important to prove liability and negligence. Did somebody cause the victim’s death? What were the circumstances? Autopsies and medical records are extremely important. It is often best to file a wrongful death claim as soon as you can while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Claims in Harvester, MO
If you have lost a family member due to wrongful death (and are financially connected), you are likely to have a lot of questions. Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death cases:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? There usually are no up-front fees. Our Harvester, MO, wrongful death lawyers work on contingency, which means that you only owe a percentage of the damages if you win.
- Who is able to sue for wrongful death? Parents, distant family members, life partners, and dependents are usually able to sue for wrongful death. It depends on the circumstances.
- Who can I sue for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and can include parts manufacturers, trucking companies, a business owner, nursing homes, distributors, and employers. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties can be at fault.
- How should I approach a wrongful death case? Find an attorney to help you. Wrongful death claims are complicated and it is important to have qualified legal experience at your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Most likely, an insurer will offer you a settlement that seems reasonable but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Having a wrongful death attorney can change their minds pretty quickly.
Contact Your Harvester, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Now
It is important to act quickly if you have lost a loved one. Combs Law Group’s Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you have lost someone close to you. Our Harvester, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through this difficult experience. From start to finish, we are here to help. Victims deserve a fair shot. Call us today at (314) 900-HELP or online for more information and a case consultation.
Combs Law Group has the resources and experience you deserve. We fight to win and our case results speak for themselves. Do not hesitate to contact our Harvester, MO, wrongful death attorneys either by phone at (314) 900-HELP or online immediately.
Local Wrongful Death Attorney