Wrongful Death Attorney in Glendale, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Glendale, MO. Combs Law Group serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Losing a family member or spouse can be emotionally and financially devastating. At Combs Law Group, we help survivors get the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our Glendale, MO, wrongful death lawyers now or call us at (314) 900-HELP if you want to settle a claim or case. Combs Law Group has helped many clients recover compensation for their loss, and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Claims
More than 190,000 people die in wrongful death accidents annually. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it’s a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, or just about anything else. Regarding wrongful death, changes can be even more dramatic. Below, we’ve listed out the common claims associated with wrongful death:
- Automotive Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car or truck crashes. Leading causes include speeding, construction zones, driving under the influence, and texting.
- Medical Malpractice: Lots of wrongful death lawsuits near Glendale, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient may be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence may include unsafe work environments, faulty equipment, poor training, fires, explosions, and other incidents that can happen on the job.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you may have a wrongful death case. It’s important to reach out to a wrongful death attorney in Glendale, MO, now if you’ve lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
No matter what the cause, a qualified attorney can help you get the compensation you deserve. Combs Law Group’s Glendale, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact us today for a case review or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death case.
Damages in a Wrongful Death Case
You need to consider special and general damages. These range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it’s your Glendale, MO, wrongful death lawyer’s mission to ensure that family members of the survivor receive fair and just compensation. Some of these damages include the following:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you can see, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages as well.
Liability for Wrongful Death
It is important to prove liability and negligence. How did it happen? Was someone at fault? Autopsies, death certificates, and medical reports are all very important. It is often best to file a wrongful death claim as soon as possible while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Cases in Glendale, MO
If you have lost a family member due to wrongful death (and are financially connected), you are going to have a lot of questions. Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death claims:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? There usually are no up-front fees. Our Glendale, MO, wrongful death lawyers work on contingency, which means that you only owe a percentage of the damages if you win.
- Who is able to sue for wrongful death? Parents, distant family members, life partners, and dependents are usually able to sue for wrongful death. It varies based on the circumstances.
- Who can be sued for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and may include parts manufacturers, trucking companies, a business owner, nursing homes, distributors, and employers. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties may be at fault.
- How should I approach a wrongful death case? Get a lawyer to help you. Wrongful death cases can be complicated and it is important to have qualified legal experience on your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Likely, an insurance company will offer you a settlement that sounds fair but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Getting a wrongful death lawyer can change their minds quite quickly.
Contact Our Glendale, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Today
It is important to act quickly if you have lost a loved one. Combs Law Group’s Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you have lost someone close to you. Our Glendale, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through these tough times. From start to finish, we are here to help. Every case deserves a fair shot. Call us today at (314) 900-HELP or online for more information and a case consultation.
Our firm has the resources and experience you need. We fight to win and our case results speak for themselves. Reach out to our Glendale, MO, wrongful death attorneys either by phone at (314) 900-HELP or online immediately.
Local Wrongful Death Attorney