Wrongful Death Attorney in Ellisville, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Ellisville, MO. Combs Law Group serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. The death of a spouse or family member can cause serious financial and emotional harm. At Combs Law Group, we help survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our Ellisville, MO, wrongful death lawyers today or call us at (314) 900-HELP if you want legal representation. Combs Law Group has helped many victims and their families recover damages for their loss, and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Claims
More than 190,000 people die in wrongful death accidents every year. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it is a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. In the matter of wrongful death, your lifestyle can change in a much more extreme way. Below, we’ve listed out the common claims associated with wrongful death:
- Automotive Accidents: Fatalities are high in major car or truck crashes. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: Lots of wrongful death lawsuits near Ellisville, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient may be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence can include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Behavior: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you may have a wrongful death case. It is crucial to contact a wrongful death lawyer in Ellisville, MO, now if you’ve lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
No matter what the cause, a qualified law firm can help you get the reimbursement you deserve. Combs Law Group’s Ellisville, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact us today for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death claim.
Damages in a Wrongful Death Case
You need to consider both economic and non-economic damages. These can range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it’s your Ellisville, MO, wrongful death lawyer’s mission to make sure that survivors receive fair and just compensation. Some of these damages include the following:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you can see, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. You may also be able to claim punitive damages.
Wrongful Death Liability
It is important to prove liability and negligence. Did somebody cause the victim’s death? What were the circumstances? Autopsies and medical records are all very important. It is often best to file a wrongful death claim as soon as you can while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Claims in Ellisville, MO
If you have lost someone close to you because of wrongful death (and are financially connected), you are likely to have a lot of questions. Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death lawsuits:
- How much does a lawyer cost? Typically, there are no up-front fees. Our Ellisville, MO, wrongful death lawyers work on contingency, which means that you only owe a percentage of the damages if you win.
- Who is able to sue for wrongful death? Financial dependents, family members, parents, and even distant relatives may be able to sue for wrongful death. It depends on the circumstances.
- Who can I sue for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and may include parts manufacturers, trucking companies, a business owner, nursing homes, distributors, and employers. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties can be liable.
- What should I do if a family member dies? Find a lawyer to help you. Wrongful death claims are complicated and it is important to have qualified legal experience on your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Most likely, an insurance company will offer you a settlement that seems fair but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Having a wrongful death attorney can change their minds quite quickly.
Contact Our Ellisville, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Today
It is crucial to act quickly if you have lost a loved one. Combs Law Group’s Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you have lost someone close to you. Our Ellisville, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through this difficult experience. From start to finish, we are here to help. Every case deserves a fair shot. Contact us now at (314) 900-HELP or online for more information and a case consultation.
Our firm has the resources and experience you deserve. We fight to win and our case results speak for themselves. Reach out to our Ellisville, MO, wrongful death attorneys either by phone at (314) 900-HELP or online immediately.
Local Wrongful Death Attorney