Wrongful Death Attorney in Bowling Green, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Bowling Green, MO. Combs Law Group represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. The death of a spouse or family member can cause serious financial and emotional harm. Combs Law Group helps survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our Bowling Green, MO, wrongful death lawyers today or call us at (314) 900-HELP if you want legal representation. We have helped many victims and their families recover compensation for their loss, and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Claims
More than 190,000 people die in wrongful death accidents every year. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it’s a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, or just about anything else. Regarding wrongful death, changes can be even more dramatic. Below, we’ve listed out the common claims associated with wrongful death:
- Vehicle Accidents: Fatalities are high in major car and truck crashes. Leading causes include speeding, construction zones, driving under the influence, and texting.
- Medical Malpractice: Lots of wrongful death lawsuits near Bowling Green, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient may be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work Accidents: Company negligence can include unsafe work environments, faulty equipment, poor training, fires, explosions, and other incidents that can happen on the job.
- Criminal Behavior: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you might have a wrongful death case. It’s important to reach out to a wrongful death lawyer in Bowling Green, MO, now if you’ve lost a family member due to criminal activity.
No matter what the cause, an experienced lawyer can help you get the reimbursement you deserve. Combs Law Group’s Bowling Green, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact our firm today for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death claim.
Wrongful Death Damages
You need to consider both economic and non-economic damages. These range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it’s your Bowling Green, MO, wrongful death attorney’s job to ensure that family members of the survivor receive fair and just compensation. Some of these damages include:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you may notice, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. You may also be able to claim punitive damages.
Wrongful Death Liability
It is important to prove liability and negligence. Did somebody cause the victim’s death? What were the circumstances? Autopsies and medical records are all very important. It is often best to file a wrongful death claim as soon as you can while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Claims in Bowling Green, MO
If you have lost someone close to you because of wrongful death (and are financially connected), you are going to have a lot of questions. Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death lawsuits:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? Typically, there are no up-front fees. Our Bowling Green, MO, wrongful death lawyers work on contingency, which means that you only owe a percentage of the damages if you win.
- Who is able to sue for wrongful death? Parents, distant family members, life partners, and dependents are usually able to sue for wrongful death. It depends on the circumstances.
- Who can I sue for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and can include parts manufacturers, trucking companies, a business owner, nursing homes, distributors, and employers. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties may be liable.
- How should I approach a wrongful death case? Find an attorney to help you. Wrongful death claims are complicated and it is important to have qualified legal experience on your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Most likely, an insurance company will offer you a settlement that sounds fair but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Having a wrongful death attorney can change their minds quite quickly.
Contact Your Bowling Green, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Now
It is important to act quickly if you have lost a loved one. Combs Law Group’s Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you have suffered the loss of someone close to you. Our Bowling Green, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through this difficult experience. From start to finish, we are here to help. Victims deserve a fair shot. Call us now at (314) 900-HELP or online for more information and a case consultation.
Our firm has the resources and experience you deserve. We fight to win and our case results speak for themselves. Reach out to our Bowling Green, MO, wrongful death attorneys either by phone at (314) 900-HELP or online immediately.
Local Wrongful Death Attorney