Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Wrongful Death Attorney in Berkeley, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Berkeley, MO. Combs Law Group represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Losing a family member or spouse can be emotionally and financially devastating. Combs Law Group helps survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our Berkeley, MO, wrongful death lawyers today or call us at (314) 900-HELP if you want to settle a claim or case. Our firm has helped many victims and their families recover compensation for their loss, and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Cases
More than 190,000 people are killed by wrongful death accidents every year. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it is a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. Regarding wrongful death, your lifestyle can change in a much more extreme way. Below, we’ve listed out the common claims associated with wrongful death:
- Vehicle Accidents: Fatalities are high in major car or truck accidents. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: Lots of wrongful death lawsuits near Berkeley, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient can be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence may include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a death, you may have a wrongful death case. It is important to reach out to a wrongful death lawyer in Berkeley, MO, now if you’ve lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
No matter what the cause, a qualified attorney can help you get the compensation you deserve. Combs Law Group’s Berkeley, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact us now for a case review or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death claim.
Damages in a Wrongful Death Case
You will need to consider special and general damages. These range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it’s your Berkeley, MO, wrongful death lawyer’s mission to make sure that family members of the survivor receive fair and just compensation. These damages include the following:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you may notice, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. You may also be able to claim punitive damages.
Liability for Wrongful Death
It is important to prove liability and negligence. Did somebody cause the victim’s death? What were the circumstances? Autopsies and medical records are extremely important. It is helpful to file a wrongful death claim as soon as you can while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Cases in Berkeley, MO
If you have lost someone close to you because of wrongful death (and are financially connected), you are going to have a lot of questions. Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death cases:
- How much does a lawyer cost? Typically, there are no up-front fees. Our Berkeley, MO, wrongful death lawyers work on contingency, which means that you only owe a percentage of the damages if you win.
- Who is able to sue for wrongful death? Financial dependents, family members, parents, and even distant relatives may be able to sue for wrongful death. It depends on the circumstances.
- Who can you sue for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and can include employers, manufacturers, distributors, hospitals, and others. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties may be at fault.
- What should I do if a family member dies? Get a lawyer to help you. Wrongful death claims can be complicated and it is important to have qualified legal experience at your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Most likely, an insurance company will offer you a settlement that seems fair but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Hiring a wrongful death lawyer can change their minds quite quickly.
Contact Our Berkeley, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Now
It is crucial to act quickly if you have lost a loved one. Combs Law Group’s Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you have suffered the loss of someone close to you. Our Berkeley, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through this difficult experience. From start to finish, we are here to help. Every case deserves a fair shot. Contact us today at (314) 900-HELP or online for more information and a case consultation.
Our firm has the resources and experience you deserve. We fight to win and our victories speak for themselves. Do not hesitate to contact our Berkeley, MO, wrongful death attorneys either by phone at (314) 900-HELP or online immediately.