Wrongful Death Attorney in Ashland, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Ashland, MO. Combs Law Group serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Losing a family member or spouse can be emotionally and financially devastating. Combs Law Group helps survivors get the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our Ashland, MO, wrongful death lawyers today or give us a call at (314) 900-HELP if you want to settle a claim or case. We’ve helped many victims and their families recover damages for their loss, and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Claims
More than 190,000 people die in wrongful death accidents annually. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it is a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. Regarding wrongful death, changes can be even more dramatic. Below, we’ve listed out the common claims associated with wrongful death:
- Automotive Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car or truck crashes. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: A large portion of wrongful death lawsuits near Ashland, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient may be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence may include unsafe work environments, faulty equipment, poor training, fires, explosions, and other incidents that can happen on the job.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you might have a wrongful death case. It is important to contact a wrongful death lawyer in Ashland, MO, today if you’ve lost a family member due to criminal activity.
No matter what the cause, a qualified law firm can help you win the reimbursement you deserve. Combs Law Group’s Ashland, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact us today for a case review or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death claim.
Damages in a Wrongful Death Case
You will need to consider both economic and non-economic damages. These range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it’s your Ashland, MO, wrongful death lawyer’s job to make sure that family members of the survivor receive fair and just compensation. These damages include the following:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you can see, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages as well.
Wrongful Death Liability
It is important to prove liability and negligence. How did it happen? Was someone at fault? Autopsies, death certificates, and medical reports are all very important. It is useful to file a wrongful death claim as soon as you can while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Claims in Ashland, MO
If you have lost someone close to you because of wrongful death (and are financially connected), you are likely to have a lot of questions. Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death claims:
- How much does a lawyer cost? There usually are no up-front fees. Our Ashland, MO, wrongful death lawyers take a percentage of any case victory and you don’t pay unless we win.
- Who is able to sue for a wrongful death case? Parents, distant family members, life partners, and dependents are usually able to sue for wrongful death. It depends on the circumstances.
- Who can be sued for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and may include parts manufacturers, trucking companies, a business owner, nursing homes, distributors, and employers. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties may be at fault.
- What should I do if a family member dies? Find a lawyer to help you. Wrongful death cases are complicated and it is important to have qualified legal experience on your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Most likely, an insurer will offer you a settlement that sounds reasonable but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Getting a wrongful death lawyer can change their minds quite quickly.
Contact Your Ashland, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Now
It is important to act quickly if you have lost a loved one. Combs Law Group’s Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you have suffered the loss of someone close to you. Our Ashland, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through these tough times. From start to finish, we are here to help. Every case deserves a fair shot. Contact us today at (314) 900-HELP or online for more information and a case consultation.
Our firm has the resources and experience you need. We fight to win and our case results speak for themselves. Do not hesitate to contact our Ashland, MO, wrongful death attorneys either by phone at (314) 900-HELP or online immediately.
Local Wrongful Death Attorney