Traffic ticket lawyer in St. Louis, Missouri. Traffic tickets in St. Louis and throughout Missouri – or anywhere else for that matter – can certainly be nagging hindrances. The questions fly: “What do I do with this thing? Should I even fight this? Who do I call?” Sometimes it just seems easier to simply pay the fines and move on. The thing is though, in Missouri there is a point system and, rather than have those points rack up while your insurance premiums skyrocket, these traffic tickets are well worth fighting.
Give a Combs Law Group St. Louis traffic ticket lawyer a call immediately at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online to discuss the specifics of your case during a free, no-obligation consultation. We have the experience successfully fighting these charges, and many others.
Even minor traffic violations can have serious consequences and significantly impact your future. From those rising insurance rates to long-lasting or permanent marks on your record that can affect your driving privilege and future employment, you need to have a discussion with a knowledgeable and experienced traffic ticket lawyer before brushing yours off or simply paying the fee.
In addition to the previously mentioned point accumulations and insurance costs, St. Louis or Missouri traffic tickets can lead to:
- Substantial surcharges and fees
- Suspension/Revocation of your driver’s license
- A warrant or your arrest
- An inability to renew your driver’s license
- Mandatory classes
- An inability to get hired, especially in transportation jobs/careers
You shouldn’t try to defend a traffic ticket on your own. Lack of knowledge surrounding procedure, process, and more complex legalities can place you at a serious disadvantage in front of the prosecutor or judge. If you received a traffic violation in St. Louis or anywhere else in Missouri no matter how major or minor, call Combs Law Group right away at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
What Kind of Traffic Tickets Are There in St. Louis and Throughout Missouri?
Getting a traffic ticket in St. Louis or anywhere in Missouri is never fun. You need the traffic law firm of Combs Law Group on your side. There are two types of traffic violations in Missouri:
As experienced St. Louis traffic ticket lawyers, we have seen all kinds of situations where Missouri residents have been pulled over and handed a ticket. Examples of some moving violations in St. Louis and throughout Missouri include:
Some of the common non-moving violations in St. Louis and elsewhere in Missouri are:
- Broken Headlight/Taillight/Turn Signal
- Expired or No License Plate(s)
- Driving Without Necessary Documentation
- Parking in Front of a Driveway
- Parking at an Expired Meter
- Parking in a No-Parking Zone
How Many Points Are St. Louis Traffic Tickets?
The number of points you get depends on the location of your violation in St. Louis or Missouri. A knowledgeable St. Louis traffic ticket attorney from Combs Law Group can help keep points off your record by negotiating with the prosecutor and getting your infraction reduced to a non-moving violation or dismissed altogether. An example of the Missouri point breakdown includes:
- 2 points for a speeding ticket issued by a St. Louis City or County police officer, which is also a Class C misdemeanor, running a red light, following too closely, etc.
- 3 points for a speeding ticket from a Missouri Highway Patrol officer or the Missouri Circuit Court, or for an excessive speeding ticket (25+ mph over the posted speed limit), which is also a Class B misdemeanor
- 4 points for driving without a license or a permit, or for failing to have insurance
- 8 points for DUI
- 12 points for driving on a suspended or revoked license
You can find a complete list and breakdown of violations and corresponding points on the Missouri Department of Revenue website. You can also check your personal driving record for an accurate detail of the points you have accumulated.
Our attorneys are also always happy to help. Call us now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
Navigating St. Louis Traffic Ticket Troubles: What Can a Combs Law Group Lawyer Do?
When facing the uncertainties of St. Louis traffic tickets, it’s crucial to at least have a conversation with an experienced attorney. Combs Law Group specializes in traffic law and defense, and our lawyers can be invaluable in handling the aftermath of a violation. We provide our St. Louis clients with:
- Local Legal Representation: A Combs Law Group St. Louis traffic ticket attorney provides the best possible legal representation in court. Our legal team can articulate your case effectively, presenting arguments that challenge the ticket, the issuing jurisdiction in St. Louis or the Missouri county law enforcement officer, and potentially result in a more favorable outcome – such as lowering to a non-moving violation or dismissing.
- Evidence Gathering: We can gather data and evidence – such as traffic camera footage, surveillance video, or witness statements – to support your case and help challenge the validity of your traffic ticket. Our attorneys have access to a wealth of resources including a large network of top-tier professionals in St. Louis and throughout Missouri.
- Saving You Time and Effort: Dealing with the inconvenience of a traffic ticket in St. Louis or Missouri can involve copious paperwork, court appearances, and legal procedures. Navigating traffic laws and regulations is an arduous task. A traffic ticket lawyer takes the burden off your shoulders, handling the necessary tasks and procedures on your behalf.
- Penalty and/or Point Reduction: St. Louis and Missouri traffic tickets result in points being added to your driving record. Too many points can mean the suspension of your driver’s license. The Missouri Department of Revenue will revoke your driving privilege for one year if you accumulate:
- 12 or more points in 12 months
- 18 or more points in 24 months
- 24 or more points in 36 months
Reach Out To a Leading St. Louis Traffic Ticket Lawyer Today | Combs Law Group
Navigating the legal ramifications of St. Louis or Missouri traffic violations can be overwhelmingly complex. Hiring a Combs Law Group traffic ticket lawyer provides you with a knowledgeable ally – someone with legal expertise who ensures your rights are protected and that you achieve the best possible outcome.
Don’t let St. Louis traffic tickets, or the surrounding questions they bring about, disrupt your life. Combs Law Group is here to help. Get professional guidance and assistance, and steer toward a smoother journey on the Missouri roads. Call us today at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online for a free case review with one of our skilled traffic ticket lawyers.