Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Worth County, MO
Sexual misconduct lawyer in Worth County, MO. If you find yourself under arrest or confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Worth County or any other location within Missouri, the last thing you need is a defense lawyer who approaches your case with judgmental attitudes or suspicious glances. At Combs Law Group, we recognize that every situation has multiple aspects, and we acknowledge the emotional and financial hardships that accompany facing a sexual misconduct charge in Worth County, MOIf you have been arrested or are facing charges for sexual misconduct in Worth County or anywhere else in Missouri, the last thing you want is judgment or sideways glances from your own lawyer. At Combs Law Group, we fully understand that there is always more than one side of the story and we realize the emotional and financial burden of defending a sexual misconduct charge in Worth County, MO.
You have no time to waste. Our team of knowledgeable sexual misconduct lawyers in Worth County, MO is devoted to safeguarding your rights and aggressively fighting for your future. We have the necessary experience and resources at our disposal to get you the best possible outcome in your case.
Give us a call immediately at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online. Our Worth County, MO sex crimes lawyer can meet with you virtually or in-person for a free, no-obligation case review to speak about the specifics of your case and offer expert legal guidance.
What is Considered Sexual Misconduct Under Missouri Law?
Sexual misconduct takes place when someone exposes themselves in a manner and circumstance that would cause shock, offense, or alarm, or when people have sexual intercourse in public. There are three distinct charges that a person accused of sexual misconduct can face in Worth County and elsewhere in Missouri, including:
Sexual Misconduct in the First Degree
Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.093, an individual can be charged with first-degree sexual misconduct if they:
- Expose their genitals under circumstances in which they know their conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual contact in the presence of a third person or persons under circumstances where they know that such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse in a public place in the presence of a third person
For a first offense, first-degree sexual misconduct is a class B misdemeanor, which carries with it up to 6 months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000. For a second conviction, it is a class A misdemeanor, which could mean up to a year in jail and a fine of up to $2,000.
Sexual Misconduct in the Second Degree
Second-degree sexual misconduct is described under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.095. It involves the act of soliciting or requesting another individual to participate in sexual conduct, knowing that such actions are likely to provoke affront or alarm. This offense is classified as a class C misdemeanor and carries a penalty of up to 15 days of jail time and a fine not exceeding $500.
Sexual Misconduct Involving a Child
This is by far the most serious of sexual misconduct offenses. According to Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.083, an individual commits sexual misconduct involving a child when they:
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age under circumstances in which they know that the conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the child
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child less than 15 years of age to expose the child’s genitals for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child who they know to be less than 15 years of age to expose the breasts of a female child through the Internet or other electronic means for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
It is a class E felony for a first-time offender, which carries with it up to 4 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000. For a repeat offender, it is a class D felony, the punishment for which is up to 7 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
There are no mandatory minimum sentencing requirements for any of these charges in Worth County, MO. Along with imprisonment, alternative sentencing options may be considered, including probation, mandatory counseling, and restitution to the victim. Furthermore, if you are convicted of a sex crime in Worth County, MO, you may be obligated to register as a sex offender. The duration of your registration requirement hinges on factors such as your age and the nature of the offense. Our proficient Worth County, MO lawyers are committed to pursuing charge dismissal or reduction to offenses that do not mandate sex offender registration. Moreover, we can explore the possibility of petitioning for your removal from the registry under Missouri Revised Statutes § 589.041.
Give Combs Law Group a call right away if you are facing any of the above allegations in Worth County, MO or contact us online to talk to one of our lawyers about your case.
Your Rights and the Sexual Misconduct Legal Process in Worth County, MO
If you find yourself facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Worth County or any other part of Missouri, it is imperative to be aware of your rights, which encompass the presumption of innocence, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel. Furthermore, you have the right to a fair trial under the Sixth Amendment, due process under the 14th Amendment, and protection from self-incrimination under the Fifth Amendment.
Our sexual misconduct defense attorneys in Worth County, MO are here to guide you through the legal process, which can be especially lengthy and complex. It typically involves:
- Evidence gathering
- Pre-trial motions
- Possible plea negotiations
- Trial, if necessary
Your Worth County, MO sexual misconduct lawyer from Combs Law Group will accompany you through every step, ensuring the protection of your rights and striving for the most advantageous legal representation and result. Call us today at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
How a Worth County, MO Sexual Misconduct Attorney From Combs Law Group Can Help
Even accusations of sexual misconduct can be life-altering in Worth County, MO. But, with the right legal representation, you can effectively navigate the legal challenges and work toward a favorable outcome. Seeking counsel from a skilled criminal defense lawyer in Worth County, MO, particularly one with expertise in sexual misconduct cases, is the most prodent stop to protect your rights and construct a robust defense. Our Worth County, MO attorneys will:
- Actively listen to your perspective
- Initiate a comprehensive inquiry into the details of your case
- Scrutinize the evidence and the methods used to gather it
- Assess the potential violations of your rights
- Evaluate the reliability of witnesses
- Search for any inconsistencies in the accuser’s account
- Negotiate with prosecutors to have your charges reduced or even dismissed
- Defend you at trial if we have to, and challenge the jury on whether or not the prosecution has proven your charges beyond a reasonable doubt
Our experienced legal team makes sure that the citizens of Worth County, MO receive fair, effective legal presentation in any situation. Along with sexual misconduct defense in Worth County, MO, our attorneys are experienced in many types of cases, including:
The Importance of Legal Representation in a Sexual Misconduct Case in Worth County, MO
Regrettably, it’s a stark reality in our society that when confronted with accusations of sexual misconduct, a considerable number of individuals are inclined to pass swift and definitive judgment, often presuming complete culpability. The Worth County, MO legal professionals at Combs Law Group understand this challenge, and we are dedicated to mitigating the potential consequences that these accusations may cast upon you, your professional life, and your family. It is important to emphasize that our entire legal system operates on the premise that people accused of a crime are considered innocent until proven guilty.
When confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Worth County or elsewhere throughout Missouri, it’s critical to consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney. Give us a call now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Here’s why it is of utmost importance to, at the very least, have a conversation with one of our specialized attorneys in this field:
- Legal Expertise: Cases involving sexual misconduct are inherently complex from a legal standpoint, regardless of the jurisdiction within Worth County or Missouri. The potential ramifications of a conviction can range from a misdemeanor to a felony, contingent on the aforementioned circumstances. Our determined defense lawyers in Worth County, MO possess the profound legal knowledge and experience necessary to adeptly navigate the intricacies of the legal system.
- Safeguarding Your Rights: Your Combs Law Group Worth County, MO sexual misconduct attorney will wholeheartedly champion the preservation of your constitutional rights at every stage of the legal proceedings. This encompasses the assurance that any evidence obtained against you adheres to admissibility standards and that your entitlement to refrain from self-incrimination is duly upheld.
- Building a Strong Defense: Our Worth County, MO criminal defense lawyer will diligently scrutinize the circumstances surrounding the allegations against you, gather evidence, and build a robust and impermeable defense strategy. It is imperative to keep in mind that in any Worth County, MO case, numerous aspects exist to the narrative, and contingent upon the specifics of your scenario, we may cast doubt on the credibility of the accuser or contest the evidence introduced by the prosecution.
- Negotiation Skills: In some situations, your Worth County, MO Combs Law attorney may be able to negotiate a plea bargain that reduces the charges or penalties you face, if not lead to a complete dismissal of the case. We always leave the ultimate decision up to you, but all of our legal advice is based on what we genuinely believe to be in your best interest.
- Litigation Proficiency: In the event that your case proceeds to trial in Worth County or anywhere in Missouri, our sexual misconduct lawyer will articulately present your case, deftly cross-examine witnesses, and work to secure a favorable outcome.
Connect With a Worth County, MO Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Right Away | Combs Law Group
Irrespective of the character or gravity of the allegations against you in Worth County, MO, Combs Law Group was established with the mission of providing support to good individuals caught in bad situations. We firmly maintain that you are entitled to a proficient and unwavering team of defense specialists as you confront criminal charges, be it in Worth County or elsewhere in Missouri.
Give Combs Law Group’s Worth County, MO sexual misconduct defense lawyer a call right now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online for a free consultation.