Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Wentzville, MO
Sexual misconduct lawyer in Wentzville, MO. If you find yourself under arrest or confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Wentzville or any other location within Missouri, the last thing you need is a defense attorney who approaches your case with judgmental attitudes or suspicious glances. At Combs Law Group, we recognize that every scenario has multiple aspects, and we acknowledge the emotional and financial difficulties that accompany facing a sexual misconduct charge in Wentzville, MOIf you have been arrested or are facing charges for sexual misconduct in Wentzville or anywhere else in Missouri, the last thing you want is judgment or sideways glances from your own attorney. At Combs Law Group, we fully understand that there is always more than one side of the story and we realize the emotional and financial hardship of defending a sexual misconduct charge in Wentzville, MO.
You have no time to waste. Our staff of knowledgeable sexual misconduct lawyers in Wentzville, MO is devoted to protecting your rights and aggressively fighting for your future. We have the necessary experience and resources at our disposal to get you the best possible outcome in your case.
Call us as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Our Wentzville, MO sex crimes lawyer can meet with you virtually or in-person for a free, no-obligation case review to speak about the specifics of your case and offer expert legal guidance.
What is Considered Sexual Misconduct Under Missouri Law?
Sexual misconduct occurs when an individual engages in conduct that involves exposing themselves in a manner and in circumstances likely to provoke shock, offense, or alarm, or when individuals engage in sexual intercourse in public. Accusations of sexual misconduct in Wentzville and throughout Missouri can lead to three specific charges, which include:
Sexual Misconduct in the First Degree
Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.093, an individual can be charged with first-degree sexual misconduct if they:
- Expose their genitals under circumstances in which they know their conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual contact in the presence of a third person or persons under circumstances where they know that such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse in a public place in the presence of a third person
For a first offense, first-degree sexual misconduct is a class B misdemeanor, which carries with it up to 6 months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000. In the case of a second conviction, it elevates to a class A misdemeanor, which could mean up to a year in jail and a fine of up to $2,000.
Sexual Misconduct in the Second Degree
Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.095, sexual misconduct in the second degree is defined as soliciting or requesting another individual to engage in sexual conduct knowing that it is likely to cause affront or alarm. This is a class C misdemeanor, with a punishment of up to 15 days in jail and a fine of no more than $500.
Sexual Misconduct Involving a Child
This stands as the most serious of sexual misconduct offenses. Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.083, a person commits sexual misconduct involving a child when they:
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age under circumstances in which they know that the conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the child
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child less than 15 years of age to expose the child’s genitals for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child who they know to be less than 15 years of age to expose the breasts of a female child through the Internet or other electronic means for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
It is a class E felony for a first-time offender, which carries with it up to 4 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000. For a repeat offender, it is a class D felony, the punishment for which is up to 7 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
There is no mandatory minimum sentencing for any of these charges in Wentzville, MO. Additional sentencing options may also include probation, mandatory counseling, and restitution to the victim. Also, if you are convicted of a sex crime in Wentzville, MO, you will likely be required to register as a sex offender. The length of time you have to remain on the registry will depend on your age and the nature of the crime. We will work hard to dismiss or reduce your charges to ones that don’t require sex offender registry. Moreover, our skilled Wentzville, MO lawyers may be able to help petition for your removal under Missouri Revised Statutes § 589.041.
Give Combs Law Group a call right away if you are facing any of the above allegations in Wentzville, MO or contact us online to talk to one of our lawyers about your case.
Your Rights and the Wentzville, MO Sexual Misconduct Legal Process
If you find yourself facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Wentzville or any other part of Missouri, it is crucial to understand your rights, which encompass the presumption of innocence, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel. Additionally, you have the right to a fair trial under the Sixth Amendment, due process rights under the 14th Amendment, and protection from self-incrimination under the Fifth Amendment.
Our sexual misconduct defense attorneys in Wentzville, MO can help walk you through the legal process, which can be particularly lengthy and complex. It typically involves:
- Evidence gathering
- Pre-trial motions
- Possible plea negotiations
- Trial, if necessary
Your Combs Law Group Wentzville, MO sexual misconduct attorney will guide you through each stage, making sure that your rights are upheld and that you get the best possible legal representation and outcome. Give us a call right now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
How a Wentzville, MO Sexual Misconduct Attorney From Combs Law Group Can Help
Even allegations of sexual misconduct can be life-altering in Wentzville, MO. However, with the right legal representation, you can effectively navigate the legal challenges and work toward a favorable outcome. Consulting with a skilled Wentzville, MO criminal defense lawyer from Combs Law Group, particularly one who specializes in sexual misconduct cases, is your best course of action to safeguard your rights and construct a strong defense. Our Wentzville, MO lawyers will:
- Actively listen to your perspective
- Conduct a full investigation into your case
- Scrutinize the evidence and the methods used to gather it
- Determine if your rights were violated
- Examine witness reliability
- Search for any inconsistencies in the accuser’s account
- Engage in negotiations with prosecutors, seeking to secure change reduction or dismissal
- Defend you at trial if we have to, and challenge the jury on whether or not the prosecution has proven your charges beyond a reasonable doubt
Our skilled legal team makes sure that the residents of Wentzville, MO receive fair, effective legal presentation in any situation. In addition to sexual misconduct defense in Wentzville, MO, our lawyers are experienced in many types of cases, including:
The Importance of Legal Representation in a Sexual Misconduct Case in Wentzville, MO
Regrettably, it’s a stark reality in our society that when confronted with accusations of sexual misconduct, a considerable number of individuals are inclined to pass swift and definitive judgment, often presuming complete culpability. The Wentzville, MO legal professionals at Combs Law Group understand this challenge, and we are committed to mitigating the potential consequences that these accusations may cast upon you, your professional life, and your family. It is important to emphasize that our entire legal system operates on the fundamental tenet that people accused of a crime are considered innocent until proven guilty.
When facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Wentzville or any other location within Missouri, it’s critical to consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney. Give us a call now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Here’s why it is of utmost importance to, at the very least, have a conversation with one of our specialized attorneys in this field:
- Legal Proficiency: Sexual misconduct cases are legally intricate, no matter the jurisdiction in Wentzville or Missouri, and the consequences of a conviction can be severe – either a misdemeanor or felony depending on the aforementioned circumstances. Our tenacious defense attorneys in Wentzville, MO have the knowledge and experience to navigate the complexities of the legal system.
- Safeguarding Your Rights: Your Combs Law Group sexual misconduct attorney in Wentzville, MO will work tirelessly to safeguard your constitutional rights at every stage of the legal proceedings. This includes ensuring that any evidence obtained against you adheres to admissibility standards and that your entitlement to refrain from self-incrimination is duly upheld.
- Constructing a Strong Defense: Our Wentzville, MO criminal defense lawyer will investigate the circumstances surrounding the allegations against you, amass pertinent evidence, and forge an unwavering, impenetrable defense strategy. It is imperative to keep in mind that in any Wentzville, MO case, numerous facets exist to the narrative, and contingent upon the particulars of your scenario, we may cast doubt on the credibility of the accuser or contest the evidence introduced by the prosecution.
- Negotiation Skills: In some situations, your Wentzville, MO Combs Law lawyer may be able to negotiate a plea bargain that reduces the charges or penalties you face, if not lead to a complete dismissal of the case. It is paramount to underscore that the ultimate decision always rests with you; nonetheless, all our legal counsel is grounded in our genuine belief of what serves your best interests.
- Litigation Proficiency: In the event that your case proceeds to trial in Wentzville or anywhere in Missouri, our sexual misconduct lawyer will present your case persuasively, deftly cross-examine witnesses, and work to secure a favorable outcome.
Contact a Wentzville, MO Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Right Away | Combs Law Group
Irrespective of the character or gravity of the allegations against you in Wentzville, MO, Combs Law Group was established with the mission of providing support to good individuals caught in bad situations. We firmly believe that you are entitled to a proficient and unwavering team of defense specialists as you confront criminal charges, be it in Wentzville or elsewhere in Missouri.
Call a Combs Law Group sexual misconduct defense attorney in Wentzville, MO right now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online for a free consultation.