Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Weldon Spring, MO
Sexual misconduct lawyer in Weldon Spring, MO. If you find yourself under arrest or confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Weldon Spring or any other location within Missouri, the last thing you need is a defense lawyer who approaches your case with judgmental attitudes or suspicious glances. At Combs Law Group, we fully comprehend that every scenario has multiple facets, and we acknowledge the emotional and financial hardships that accompany facing a sexual misconduct charge in Weldon Spring, MOIf you have been arrested or are facing charges for sexual misconduct in Weldon Spring or anywhere else in Missouri, the last thing you want is judgment or sideways glances from your own attorney. At Combs Law Group, we fully understand that there is always more than one side of the story and we recognize the emotional and financial hardship of defending a sexual misconduct charge in Weldon Spring, MO.
You have no time to waste. Our team of well-informed sexual misconduct attorneys in Weldon Spring, MO is dedicated to protecting your rights and aggressively fighting for your future. We have the necessary experience and resources at our disposal to get you the best possible outcome in your case.
Give us a call immediately at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online. Our Weldon Spring, MO sex crimes attorney can meet with you virtually or in-person for a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss the specifics of your case and offer expert legal advice.
What is Considered Sexual Misconduct Under Missouri Law?
Sexual misconduct occurs when an individual engages in conduct that involves exposing themselves in a manner and in circumstances likely to provoke shock, offense, or alarm, or when individuals engage in sexual intercourse in public. There are three specific charges that a person accused of sexual misconduct can face in Weldon Spring and elsewhere in Missouri, including:
First-Degree Sexual Misconduct
According to the provisions outlined in Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.093, a person may face charges of first-degree sexual misconduct if they:
- Expose their genitals under circumstances in which they know their conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual contact in the presence of a third person or persons under circumstances where they know that such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse in a public place in the presence of a third person
For a first offense, sexual misconduct in the first degree is a class B misdemeanor, punishable by a potential jail term of up to 6 months and a fine not exceeding $1,000. For a second conviction, it is a class A misdemeanor, which could mean up to a year in jail and a fine of up to $2,000.
Sexual Misconduct in the Second Degree
Second-degree sexual misconduct is described under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.095. It involves the act of soliciting or requesting another person to participate in sexual conduct, knowing that such actions are likely to provoke affront or alarm. This offense is classified as a class C misdemeanor and carries a penalty of up to 15 days of jail time and a fine not exceeding $500.
Sexual Misconduct Involving a Child
This stands as the most serious of sexual misconduct offenses. According to Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.083, a person commits sexual misconduct involving a child when they:
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age under circumstances in which they know that the conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the child
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child less than 15 years of age to expose the child’s genitals for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child who they know to be less than 15 years of age to expose the breasts of a female child through the Internet or other electronic means for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
For a first offense, it is a class E felony, which can result in a maximum prison sentence of up to 4 years and a fine of up to $10,000. In the case of a repeat offender, it escalates to a class D felony, carrying a potential punishment of up to 7 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
There are no mandatory minimum sentencing requirements for any of these charges in Weldon Spring, MO. Along with jail time, alternative sentencing options may be considered, including probation, mandatory counseling, and restitution to the victim. Additionally, if you are convicted of a sex crime in Weldon Spring, MO, you may be obligated to register as a sex offender. The duration of your registration requirement hinges on factors such as your age and the nature of the offense. Our proficient Weldon Spring, MO attorneys are dedicated to pursuing charge dismissal or reduction to offenses that do not mandate sex offender registration. Moreover, we can explore the possibility of petitioning for your removal from the registry under Missouri Revised Statutes § 589.041.
If you are facing any of the above charges in Weldon Spring, MO, call Combs Law Group right now at (314) 900-HELP or fill out our online contact form to speak with one of our attorneys about your case.
Your Rights and the Sexual Misconduct Legal Process in Weldon Spring, MO
If you find yourself facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Weldon Spring or any other part of Missouri, it is crucial to understand your rights, which encompass the presumption of innocence, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel. Additionally, you have the right to a fair trial in accordance with the Sixth Amendment, due process under the 14th Amendment, and protection against self-incrimination as stipulated in the Fifth Amendment.
Our Weldon Spring, MO sexual misconduct defense attorneys are here to guide you through the legal process, which can be particularly lengthy and complex. It typically involves:
- Evidence gathering
- Pre-trial motions
- Possible plea negotiations
- Trial, if necessary
Your Weldon Spring, MO sexual misconduct lawyer from Combs Law Group will accompany you through every step, ensuring the protection of your rights and striving for the most advantageous legal representation and result. Give us a call right now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
How a Weldon Spring, MO Sexual Misconduct Attorney From Combs Law Group Can Help
Even allegations of sexual misconduct have the potential to drastically impact your life in Weldon Spring, MO. However, with the assistance of proficient legal representation, you can navigate the legal challenges and work toward a favorable outcome. Consulting with a skilled Weldon Spring, MO criminal defense lawyer from Combs Law Group, particularly one who specializes in sexual misconduct cases, is your best course of action to protect your rights and construct a strong defense. Our Weldon Spring, MO lawyers will:
- Actively listen to your perspective
- Initiate a comprehensive inquiry into the details of your case
- Review the evidence and the methods used to gather it
- Determine if your rights were violated
- Examine witness reliability
- Look for inconsistencies in the accuser’s story
- Engage in negotiations with prosecutors, seeking to secure change reduction or dismissal
- Provide a resolute defense if necessary, challenging the jury to determine whether the prosecution has substantiated your charges beyond a reasonable doubt
Our experienced legal team ensures that the residents of Weldon Spring, MO receive fair, effective legal presentation in any situation. Along with sexual misconduct defense in Weldon Spring, MO, our attorneys are experienced in many types of cases, including:
The Importance of Legal Representation in a Weldon Spring, MO Sexual Misconduct Case
Regrettably, it’s a stark reality in our society that when confronted with accusations of sexual misconduct, a considerable number of individuals are inclined to pass swift and definitive judgment, frequently presuming complete culpability. The Weldon Spring, MO legal professionals at Combs Law Group understand this hardship, and we are committed to mitigating the potential consequences that these accusations may cast upon you, your professional life, and your family. It is important to emphasize that our entire legal system operates on the premise that people accused of a crime are considered innocent until proven guilty.
When confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Weldon Spring or any other location within Missouri, it’s critical to consult with an experienced criminal defense lawyer. Give us a call right away at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online. Here’s why it’s so important to at least speak to one of our attorneys who specialize in this area of the law:
- Legal Proficiency: Sexual misconduct cases are legally intricate, no matter the jurisdiction in Weldon Spring or Missouri, and the consequences of a conviction can be severe – either a misdemeanor or felony depending on the aforementioned circumstances. Our tenacious defense attorneys in Weldon Spring, MO have the knowledge and experience to navigate the intricacies of the legal system.
- Protection of Your Rights: Your Combs Law Group sexual misconduct attorney in Weldon Spring, MO will work tirelessly to safeguard your constitutional rights at every stage of the legal proceedings. This includes ensuring that any evidence obtained against you adheres to admissibility standards and that your entitlement to refrain from self-incrimination is duly upheld.
- Building a Formidable Defense: Our Weldon Spring, MO criminal defense lawyer will diligently scrutinize the circumstances surrounding the allegations against you, gather evidence, and forge an unwavering, impenetrable defense strategy. It is imperative to bear in mind that in any Weldon Spring, MO case, multiple facets exist to the narrative, and contingent upon the particulars of your situation, we may cast doubt on the credibility of the accuser or contest the evidence introduced by the prosecution.
- Negotiating Expertise: In some situations, your Weldon Spring, MO Combs Law attorney may be able to negotiate a plea bargain that reduces the charges or penalties you face, if not lead to a complete dismissal of the case. We always leave the ultimate decision up to you, but all of our legal advice is based on what we genuinely believe to be in your best interest.
- Litigation Proficiency: If your case goes to trial in Weldon Spring, MO, our sexual misconduct lawyer will articulately present your case, cross-examine witnesses, and work to secure a favorable outcome.
Connect With a Weldon Spring, MO Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Today | Combs Law Group
No matter the nature or severity of the accusations lodged against you in Weldon Spring, MO, Combs Law Group was founded on helping good people in bad situations. We believe that you deserve an expert and dedicated professional defense team when you are facing criminal charges in Weldon Spring or anywhere in Missouri.
Give Combs Law Group’s Weldon Spring, MO sexual misconduct defense lawyer a call now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online for a free consultation.