Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Union, MO
Sexual misconduct lawyer in Union, MO. If you find yourself under arrest or confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Union or any other location within Missouri, the last thing you need is a defense lawyer who approaches your case with judgmental attitudes or suspicious glances. At Combs Law Group, we fully comprehend that every situation has multiple facets, and we acknowledge the emotional and financial hardships that accompany facing a sexual misconduct charge in Union, MOIf you have been arrested or are facing charges for sexual misconduct in Union or anywhere else in Missouri, the last thing you want is judgment or sideways glances from your own attorney. At Combs Law Group, we fully understand that there is always more than one side of the story and we realize the emotional and financial burden of defending a sexual misconduct charge in Union, MO.
You have no time to waste. Our staff of well-informed sexual misconduct attorneys in Union, MO is dedicated to protecting your rights and aggressively fighting for your future. We have the necessary experience and resources at our disposal to get you the best possible outcome in your case.
Give us a call immediately at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online. Our Union, MO sex crimes attorney can meet with you virtually or in-person for a free, no-strings-attached case review to speak about the specifics of your case and offer expert legal advice.
What is Considered Sexual Misconduct Under Missouri Law?
Sexual misconduct takes place when an individual engages in conduct that involves exposing themselves in a manner and in circumstances likely to provoke shock, offense, or alarm, or when individuals engage in sexual intercourse in public. There are three distinct charges that a person accused of sexual misconduct can face in Union and elsewhere in Missouri, including:
First-Degree Sexual Misconduct
According to the provisions outlined in Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.093, a person may face charges of first-degree sexual misconduct if they:
- Expose their genitals under circumstances in which they know their conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual contact in the presence of a third person or persons under circumstances where they know that such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse in a public place in the presence of a third person
For a first offense, first-degree sexual misconduct is a class B misdemeanor, which carries with it up to 6 months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000. For a second conviction, it is a class A misdemeanor, which may entail imprisonment for up to one year and a fine of up to $2,000.
Second-Degree Sexual Misconduct
Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.095, sexual misconduct in the second degree is defined as soliciting or requesting another person to engage in sexual conduct knowing that it is likely to cause affront or alarm. This is a class C misdemeanor, with a punishment of up to 15 days in jail and a fine of no more than $500.
Sexual Misconduct Involving a Child
This stands as the most serious of sexual misconduct offenses. According to Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.083, an individual commits sexual misconduct involving a child when they:
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age under circumstances in which they know that the conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the child
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child less than 15 years of age to expose the child’s genitals for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child who they know to be less than 15 years of age to expose the breasts of a female child through the Internet or other electronic means for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
For a first offense, this constitutes a class E felony, which can result in a maximum prison sentence of up to 4 years and a fine of up to $10,000. In the case of a repeat offender, it escalates to a class D felony, carrying a potential punishment of up to 7 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
There are no mandatory minimum sentencing requirements for any of these charges in Union, MO. Along with imprisonment, alternative sentencing options may be considered, including probation, mandatory counseling, and restitution to the victim. Additionally, if you are convicted of a sex crime in Union, MO, you may be obligated to register as a sex offender. The duration of your registration requirement hinges on factors such as your age and the nature of the offense. Our proficient Union, MO lawyers are committed to pursuing charge dismissal or reduction to offenses that do not mandate sex offender registration. Moreover, we can explore the possibility of petitioning for your removal from the registry under Missouri Revised Statutes § 589.041.
If you are facing any of the above charges in Union, MO, call Combs Law Group right now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online to speak with one of our attorneys about your case.
Your Rights and the Union, MO Sexual Misconduct Legal Process
If you find yourself facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Union or any other part of Missouri, it is crucial to understand your rights, including the presumption of innocence, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel. Also, you are entitled to a fair trial under the Sixth Amendment, due process rights under the 14th Amendment, and protection from self-incrimination as stipulated in the Fifth Amendment.
Our Union, MO sexual misconduct defense lawyers can help walk you through the intricate and often lengthy legal process, which typical encompasses:
- Evidence gathering
- Pre-trial motions
- Possible plea negotiations
- Trial, if necessary
Your Union, MO sexual misconduct attorney from Combs Law Group will accompany you through every step, ensuring the protection of your rights and striving for the most advantageous legal representation and result. Call us right now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
How a Union, MO Sexual Misconduct Attorney From Combs Law Group Can Help
Even allegations of sexual misconduct can be life-altering in Union, MO. However, with the right legal representation, you can effectively navigate the legal challenges and strive for a positive resolution. Seeking counsel from a skilled criminal defense attorney in Union, MO, particularly one with expertise in sexual misconduct cases, is the most prodent stop to safeguard your rights and build a robust defense. Our Union, MO attorneys will:
- Actively listen to your perspective
- Initiate a comprehensive inquiry into the details of your case
- Scrutinize the evidence and examine how it was obtained
- Assess the potential violations of your rights
- Evaluate the reliability of witnesses
- Look for inconsistencies in the accuser’s story
- Engage in negotiations with prosecutors, seeking to secure change reduction or dismissal
- Defend you at trial if we have to, and challenge the jury on whether or not the prosecution has proven your charges beyond a reasonable doubt
Our skilled legal team ensures that the residents of Union, MO receive fair, effective legal presentation in any situation. In addition to sexual misconduct defense in Union, MO, our attorneys are experienced in numerous forms of law, including:
The Importance of Legal Representation in a Sexual Misconduct Case in Union, MO
It is truly unfortunate in our society that if you are facing allegations of sexual misconduct, many will instantly and automatically judge you to be entirely at fault. The Union, MO attorneys at Combs Law Group get this unfortunate difficulty, and we fight to limit the impact these allegations can have on you, your job, and your family. After all, our entire legal system operates under the principle that people are innocent until proven guilty.
When confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Union or elsewhere throughout Missouri, it is imperative to seek guidance from a seasoned criminal defense attorney. Give us a call today at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online. Here’s why it is of utmost importance to, at the very least, have a conversation with one of our specialized attorneys in this field:
- Legal Proficiency: Cases involving sexual misconduct are inherently intricate from a legal standpoint, irrespective of the jurisdiction within Union or Missouri. The potential ramifications of a conviction can range from a misdemeanor to a felony, contingent on the aforementioned circumstances. Our determined defense attorneys in Union, MO possess the profound legal knowledge and experience necessary to adeptly navigate the intricacies of the legal system.
- Safeguarding Your Rights: Your Combs Law Group sexual misconduct attorney in Union, MO will work tirelessly to safeguard your constitutional rights throughout the legal process. This includes ensuring that any evidence obtained against you is admissible and that your rights against self-incrimination are respected.
- Constructing a Strong Defense: Our Union, MO criminal defense lawyer will investigate the circumstances surrounding the allegations against you, gather evidence, and build a robust and impermeable defense strategy. It is imperative to bear in mind that in any Union, MO case, numerous facets exist to the narrative, and contingent upon the specifics of your situation, we may cast doubt on the credibility of the accuser or contest the evidence introduced by the prosecution.
- Negotiation Skills: In certain scenarios, your Union, MO Combs Law attorney possesses the adeptness to engage in negotiations aimed at securing a plea arrangement that mitigates the charges or penalties you are confronted with, and in some instances, even leading to complete dismissal of the case. It is paramount to underscore that the ultimate decision always rests with you; nonetheless, all our legal counsel is grounded in our genuine belief of what serves your best interests.
- Litigation Proficiency: In the event that your case proceeds to trial in Union or anywhere in Missouri, our sexual misconduct lawyer will articulately present your case, deftly cross-examine witnesses, and work to secure a favorable outcome.
Contact a Sexual Misconduct Lawyer in Union, MO Now | Combs Law Group
Irrespective of the character or gravity of the allegations against you in Union, MO, Combs Law Group was established with the mission of providing support to good individuals caught in bad situations. We firmly maintain that you are entitled to a proficient and unwavering team of defense specialists as you confront criminal charges, be it in Union or elsewhere in Missouri.
Give Combs Law Group’s Union, MO sexual misconduct defense lawyer a call today at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online for a free consultation.