Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Troy, MO
Sexual misconduct lawyer in Troy, MO. If you find yourself under arrest or confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Troy or any other location within Missouri, the last thing you need is a defense attorney who approaches your case with judgmental attitudes or suspicious glances. At Combs Law Group, we recognize that every scenario has multiple facets, and we acknowledge the emotional and financial difficulties that accompany facing a sexual misconduct charge in Troy, MOIf you have been arrested or are facing charges for sexual misconduct in Troy or anywhere else in Missouri, the last thing you want is judgment or sideways glances from your own attorney. At Combs Law Group, we know that there is always more than one side of the story and we recognize the emotional and financial hardship of dealing with a sexual misconduct charge in Troy, MO.
You have no time to waste. Our staff of well-informed sexual misconduct lawyers in Troy, MO is dedicated to protecting your rights and aggressively fighting for your future. We have the necessary experience and resources at our disposal to get you the best possible outcome in your case.
Call us as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Our Troy, MO sex crimes attorney can meet with you virtually or in-person for a free, no-strings-attached case review to speak about the specifics of your case and offer expert legal guidance.
What is Considered Sexual Misconduct Under Missouri Law?
Sexual misconduct occurs when an individual engages in conduct that involves exposing themselves in a manner and in circumstances likely to provoke shock, offense, or alarm, or when individuals engage in sexual intercourse in public. There are three specific charges that a person accused of sexual misconduct can face in Troy and elsewhere in Missouri, including:
First-Degree Sexual Misconduct
Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.093, an individual can be charged with first-degree sexual misconduct if they:
- Expose their genitals under circumstances in which they know their conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual contact in the presence of a third person or persons under circumstances where they know that such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse in a public place in the presence of a third person
For a first offense, first-degree sexual misconduct is a class B misdemeanor, punishable by a potential jail term of up to 6 months and a fine not exceeding $1,000. For a second conviction, it is a class A misdemeanor, which could mean up to a year in jail and a fine of up to $2,000.
Sexual Misconduct in the Second Degree
Second-degree sexual misconduct is described under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.095. It involves the act of soliciting or requesting another person to participate in sexual conduct, knowing that such actions are likely to provoke affront or alarm. This offense is classified as a class C misdemeanor and carries a penalty of up to 15 days of incarceration and a fine not exceeding $500.
Sexual Misconduct Involving a Child
This is by far the most serious of sexual misconduct violations. Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.083, an individual is charged with sexual misconduct involving a child if they:
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age under circumstances in which they know that the conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the child
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child less than 15 years of age to expose the child’s genitals for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child who they know to be less than 15 years of age to expose the breasts of a female child through the Internet or other electronic means for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
It is a class E felony for a first-time offender, which carries with it up to 4 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000. For a repeat offender, it is a class D felony, the punishment for which is up to 7 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
There are no mandatory minimum sentencing requirements for any of these charges in Troy, MO. Along with jail time, alternative sentencing options may be considered, including probation, mandatory counseling, and restitution to the victim. Furthermore, if you are convicted of a sex crime in Troy, MO, you may be obligated to register as a sex offender. The duration of your registration requirement hinges on factors such as your age and the nature of the offense. Our proficient Troy, MO attorneys are dedicated to pursuing charge dismissal or reduction to offenses that do not mandate sex offender registration. Moreover, we can explore the possibility of petitioning for your removal from the registry under Missouri Revised Statutes § 589.041.
Give Combs Law Group a call right now if you are facing any of the above allegations in Troy, MO or fill out our online contact form to talk to one of our lawyers about your case.
Your Rights and the Troy, MO Sexual Misconduct Legal Process
If you find yourself facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Troy or anywhere else in Missouri, it is crucial to understand your rights, which encompass the presumption of innocence, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel. Also, you are entitled to a fair trial in accordance with the Sixth Amendment, due process under the 14th Amendment, and protection from self-incrimination under the Fifth Amendment.
Our sexual misconduct defense lawyers in Troy, MO are here to guide you through the intricate and often lengthy legal process, which typical encompasses:
- Evidence gathering
- Pre-trial motions
- Possible plea negotiations
- Trial, if necessary
Your Troy, MO sexual misconduct lawyer from Combs Law Group will accompany you through every step, ensuring the protection of your rights and striving for the most advantageous legal representation and result. Call us today at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
How a Troy, MO Sexual Misconduct Attorney From Combs Law Group Can Help
Even allegations of sexual misconduct have the potential to drastically impact your life in Troy, MO. However, with the assistance of proficient legal representation, you can navigate the legal challenges and work toward a favorable outcome. Seeking counsel from an adept criminal defense lawyer in Troy, MO, especially one with expertise in sexual misconduct cases, is the most prodent stop to safeguard your rights and construct a robust defense. Our Troy, MO attorneys will:
- Listen to your side of the story
- Initiate a comprehensive inquiry into the details of your case
- Review the evidence and examine how it was obtained
- Determine if your rights were violated
- Evaluate the reliability of witnesses
- Search for any inconsistencies in the accuser’s account
- Negotiate with prosecutors to have your charges reduced or even dismissed
- Defend you at trial if we have to, and challenge the jury on whether or not the prosecution has proven your charges beyond a reasonable doubt
Our skilled legal team ensures that the residents of Troy, MO receive fair, effective legal presentation in any situation. In addition to sexual misconduct defense in Troy, MO, our lawyers are experienced in many types of cases, including:
The Importance of Legal Representation in a Troy, MO Sexual Misconduct Case
Regrettably, it’s a stark reality in our society that when confronted with accusations of sexual misconduct, a considerable number of individuals are inclined to pass swift and definitive judgment, frequently presuming complete culpability. The Troy, MO legal professionals at Combs Law Group understand this hardship, and we are dedicated to mitigating the potential consequences that these allegations may cast upon you, your professional life, and your family. It is vital to emphasize that our entire legal system operates on the fundamental tenet that people accused of a crime are considered innocent until proven guilty.
When confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Troy or any other location within Missouri, it is imperative to seek guidance from a seasoned criminal defense attorney. Give us a call today at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Here’s why it is of utmost importance to, at the very least, have a conversation with one of our specialized lawyers in this field:
- Legal Proficiency: Sexual misconduct cases are legally intricate, no matter the jurisdiction in Troy or Missouri, and the consequences of a conviction can be severe – either a misdemeanor or felony depending on the aforementioned circumstances. Our tenacious defense attorneys in Troy, MO possess the knowledge and experience to navigate the intricacies of the legal system.
- Safeguarding Your Rights: Your Combs Law Group sexual misconduct attorney in Troy, MO will work tirelessly to safeguard your constitutional rights at every stage of the legal proceedings. This includes ensuring that any evidence brought forth against you is admissible and that your rights against self-incrimination are respected.
- Constructing a Strong Defense: Our Troy, MO criminal defense lawyer will investigate the circumstances surrounding the allegations against you, gather evidence, and build a robust and impermeable defense strategy. It is imperative to keep in mind that in any Troy, MO case, multiple aspects exist to the narrative, and contingent upon the particulars of your scenario, we may cast doubt on the credibility of the accuser or contest the evidence introduced by the prosecution.
- Negotiating Expertise: In certain scenarios, your Troy, MO Combs Law attorney possesses the adeptness to engage in negotiations aimed at securing a plea arrangement that mitigates the charges or penalties you are confronted with, and in some instances, even leading to complete dismissal of the case. We always leave the ultimate decision up to you, but all of our legal advice is based on what we genuinely believe to be in your best interest.
- Litigation Proficiency: If your case goes to trial in Troy, MO, our sexual misconduct lawyer will present your case persuasively, cross-examine witnesses, and steadfastly labor to secure a favorable outcome.
Contact a Sexual Misconduct Lawyer in Troy, MO Now | Combs Law Group
Regardless of the nature or severity of the allegations against you in Troy, MO, Combs Law Group was founded on helping good people caught in bad situations. We believe that you deserve an expert and committed professional defense team when you are facing criminal charges in Troy or anywhere in Missouri.
Give Combs Law Group’s Troy, MO sexual misconduct defense lawyer a call now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online for a free case review.