Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Stoddard County, MO
Sexual misconduct lawyer in Stoddard County, MO. If you find yourself under arrest or confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Stoddard County or any other location within Missouri, the last thing you need is a defense attorney who approaches your case with judgmental attitudes or suspicious glances. At Combs Law Group, we recognize that every scenario has multiple aspects, and we acknowledge the emotional and financial hardships that accompany facing a sexual misconduct charge in Stoddard County, MOIf you have been arrested or are facing charges for sexual misconduct in Stoddard County or anywhere else in Missouri, the last thing you want is judgment or sideways glances from your own attorney. At Combs Law Group, we know that there is always more than one side of the story and we realize the emotional and financial hardship of dealing with a sexual misconduct charge in Stoddard County, MO.
You have no time to waste. Our team of knowledgeable sexual misconduct lawyers in Stoddard County, MO is devoted to protecting your rights and aggressively fighting for your future. We have the necessary experience and resources at our disposal to get you the best possible outcome in your case.
Call us as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Our Stoddard County, MO sex crimes lawyer can meet with you virtually or in-person for a free, no-strings-attached consultation to discuss the specifics of your case and offer expert legal advice.
What is Considered Sexual Misconduct Under Missouri Law?
Sexual misconduct takes place when an individual engages in conduct that involves exposing themselves in a manner and in circumstances likely to provoke shock, offense, or alarm, or when individuals engage in sexual intercourse in public. Accusations of sexual misconduct in Stoddard County and throughout Missouri can lead to three specific charges, which include:
Sexual Misconduct in the First Degree
According to the provisions outlined in Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.093, a person may face charges of first-degree sexual misconduct if they:
- Expose their genitals under circumstances in which they know their conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual contact in the presence of a third person or persons under circumstances where they know that such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse in a public place in the presence of a third person
For a first offense, first-degree sexual misconduct is a class B misdemeanor, which carries with it up to 6 months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000. In the case of a second conviction, it elevates to a class A misdemeanor, which may entail imprisonment for up to one year and a fine of up to $2,000.
Second-Degree Sexual Misconduct
Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.095, sexual misconduct in the second degree is defined as soliciting or requesting another individual to engage in sexual conduct knowing that it is likely to cause affront or alarm. This is a class C misdemeanor, with a punishment of up to 15 days in jail and a fine of no more than $500.
Sexual Misconduct Involving a Child
This stands as the most serious of sexual misconduct violations. Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.083, a person is charged with sexual misconduct involving a child when they:
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age under circumstances in which they know that the conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the child
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child less than 15 years of age to expose the child’s genitals for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child who they know to be less than 15 years of age to expose the breasts of a female child through the Internet or other electronic means for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
It is a class E felony for a first-time offender, which carries with it up to 4 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000. For a repeat offender, it is a class D felony, the punishment for which is up to 7 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
There is no mandatory minimum sentencing for any of these charges in Stoddard County, MO. Additional sentencing options may also include probation, mandatory counseling, and restitution to the victim. Also, if you are convicted of a sex crime in Stoddard County, MO, you will likely be required to register as a sex offender. The length of time you have to remain on the registry will depend on your age and the nature of the crime. We will work hard to dismiss or reduce your charges to ones that don’t require sex offender registry. Additionally, our skilled Stoddard County, MO lawyers may be able to help petition for your removal under Missouri Revised Statutes § 589.041.
Give Combs Law Group a call right away if you are facing any of the above allegations in Stoddard County, MO or contact us online to talk to one of our lawyers about your case.
Your Rights and the Sexual Misconduct Legal Process in Stoddard County, MO
If you find yourself facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Stoddard County or anywhere else in Missouri, it is imperative to be aware of your rights, including the presumption of innocence, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel. Also, you have the right to a fair trial under the Sixth Amendment, due process under the 14th Amendment, and protection from self-incrimination under the Fifth Amendment.
Our sexual misconduct defense attorneys in Stoddard County, MO are here to guide you through the intricate and often lengthy legal process, which typical encompasses:
- Evidence gathering
- Pre-trial motions
- Possible plea negotiations
- Trial, if necessary
Your Combs Law Group Stoddard County, MO sexual misconduct attorney will accompany you through each stage, making sure that your rights are upheld and that you get the best possible legal representation and outcome. Give us a call now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
How a Stoddard County, MO Sexual Misconduct Attorney From Combs Law Group Can Help
Even allegations of sexual misconduct have the potential to drastically impact your life in Stoddard County, MO. But, with the right legal representation, you can effectively navigate the legal complexities and strive for a positive resolution. Seeking counsel from a skilled criminal defense attorney in Stoddard County, MO, especially one with expertise in sexual misconduct cases, is the most prodent stop to safeguard your rights and build a robust defense. Our Stoddard County, MO attorneys will:
- Listen to your side of the story
- Initiate a comprehensive inquiry into the details of your case
- Scrutinize the evidence and examine how it was obtained
- Determine if your rights were violated
- Evaluate the reliability of witnesses
- Search for any inconsistencies in the accuser’s account
- Negotiate with prosecutors to have your charges reduced or even dismissed
- Defend you at trial if we have to, and challenge the jury on whether or not the prosecution has proven your charges beyond a reasonable doubt
Our experienced legal team makes sure that the residents of Stoddard County, MO receive fair, effective legal presentation in any situation. In addition to sexual misconduct defense in Stoddard County, MO, our lawyers are experienced in many forms of law, including:
The Importance of Legal Representation in a Sexual Misconduct Case in Stoddard County, MO
Regrettably, it’s a stark reality in our society that when confronted with accusations of sexual misconduct, a considerable number of individuals are inclined to pass swift and definitive judgment, frequently presuming complete culpability. The Stoddard County, MO legal professionals at Combs Law Group understand this challenge, and we are dedicated to mitigating the potential consequences that these accusations may cast upon you, your professional life, and your family. It is vital to emphasize that our entire legal system operates on the premise that individuals accused of a crime are considered innocent until proven guilty.
When confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Stoddard County or any other location within Missouri, it’s critical to consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney. Give us a call right away at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Here’s why it is of utmost importance to, at the very least, have a conversation with one of our specialized lawyers in this field:
- Legal Expertise: Cases involving sexual misconduct are inherently intricate from a legal standpoint, irrespective of the jurisdiction within Stoddard County or Missouri. The potential ramifications of a conviction can range from a misdemeanor to a felony, contingent on the aforementioned circumstances. Our determined defense attorneys in Stoddard County, MO possess the profound legal knowledge and experience necessary to adeptly navigate the intricacies of the legal system.
- Protection of Your Rights: Your Combs Law Group Stoddard County, MO sexual misconduct attorney will work tirelessly to safeguard your constitutional rights at every stage of the legal proceedings. This encompasses the assurance that any evidence obtained against you adheres to admissibility standards and that your entitlement to refrain from self-incrimination is duly upheld.
- Constructing a Formidable Defense: Our Stoddard County, MO criminal defense lawyer will diligently scrutinize the circumstances surrounding the allegations against you, gather evidence, and forge an unwavering, impenetrable defense strategy. It is imperative to bear in mind that in any Stoddard County, MO case, multiple aspects exist to the narrative, and contingent upon the particulars of your scenario, we may cast doubt on the credibility of the accuser or contest the evidence introduced by the prosecution.
- Negotiating Expertise: In some situations, your Stoddard County, MO Combs Law attorney may be able to negotiate a plea bargain that reduces the charges or penalties you face, if not lead to a complete dismissal of the case. It is paramount to underscore that the ultimate decision always rests with you; nonetheless, all our legal counsel is grounded in our genuine belief of what serves your best interests.
- Litigation Proficiency: In the event that your case proceeds to trial in Stoddard County, MO, our sexual misconduct lawyer will present your case persuasively, cross-examine witnesses, and work to secure a favorable outcome.
Contact a Stoddard County, MO Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Now | Combs Law Group
No matter the nature or severity of the accusations lodged against you in Stoddard County, MO, Combs Law Group was founded on helping good people in bad situations. We believe that you deserve an expert and committed professional defense team when you are facing criminal charges in Stoddard County or anywhere in Missouri.
Call a Combs Law Group sexual misconduct defense attorney in Stoddard County, MO today at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online for a free case review.