Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Ste. Genevieve County, MO
Sexual misconduct lawyer in Ste. Genevieve County, MO. If you find yourself under arrest or confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Ste. Genevieve County or any other location within Missouri, the last thing you need is a defense attorney who approaches your case with judgmental attitudes or suspicious glances. At Combs Law Group, we fully comprehend that every scenario has multiple aspects, and we acknowledge the emotional and financial difficulties that accompany facing a sexual misconduct charge in Ste. Genevieve County, MOIf you have been arrested or are facing charges for sexual misconduct in Ste. Genevieve County or anywhere else in Missouri, the last thing you want is judgment or sideways glances from your own attorney. At Combs Law Group, we fully understand that there is always more than one side of the story and we recognize the emotional and financial hardship of dealing with a sexual misconduct charge in Ste. Genevieve County, MO.
Time is of the essence. Our team of knowledgeable attorneys specializing in sexual misconduct in Ste. Genevieve County, MO is wholeheartedly devoted to protecting your rights and mounting a vigorous defense on your behalf. With our substantial experience and abundant network, we are fully equipped to pursue the most favorable resolution for your case.
Call us immediately at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online. Our Ste. Genevieve County, MO sex crimes lawyer can meet with you virtually or in-person for a free, no-strings-attached consultation to discuss the specifics of your case and offer expert legal advice.
What is Considered Sexual Misconduct Under Missouri Law?
Sexual misconduct takes place when an individual engages in conduct that involves exposing themselves in a manner and in circumstances likely to provoke shock, offense, or alarm, or when individuals engage in sexual intercourse in public. Accusations of sexual misconduct in Ste. Genevieve County and throughout Missouri can lead to three specific charges, which include:
First-Degree Sexual Misconduct
Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.093, an individual can be charged with first-degree sexual misconduct if they:
- Expose their genitals under circumstances in which they know their conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual contact in the presence of a third person or persons under circumstances where they know that such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse in a public place in the presence of a third person
For a first offense, first-degree sexual misconduct is a class B misdemeanor, which carries with it up to 6 months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000. In the case of a second conviction, it elevates to a class A misdemeanor, which may entail imprisonment for up to one year and a fine of up to $2,000.
Sexual Misconduct in the Second Degree
Second-degree sexual misconduct is described under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.095. It involves the act of soliciting or requesting another individual to participate in sexual conduct, knowing that such actions are likely to provoke affront or alarm. This offense is classified as a class C misdemeanor and carries a penalty of up to 15 days of jail time and a fine not exceeding $500.
Sexual Misconduct Involving a Child
This is by far the most serious of sexual misconduct offenses. According to Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.083, a person commits sexual misconduct involving a child if they:
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age under circumstances in which they know that the conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the child
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child less than 15 years of age to expose the child’s genitals for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child who they know to be less than 15 years of age to expose the breasts of a female child through the Internet or other electronic means for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
It is a class E felony for a first-time offender, which carries with it up to 4 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000. For a repeat offender, it is a class D felony, the punishment for which is up to 7 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
There is no mandatory minimum sentencing for any of these charges in Ste. Genevieve County, MO. Additional sentencing options may also include probation, mandatory counseling, and restitution to the victim. Also, if you are convicted of a sex crime in Ste. Genevieve County, MO, you will likely be required to register as a sex offender. The length of time you have to remain on the registry will depend on your age and the nature of the crime. We will work hard to dismiss or reduce your charges to ones that don’t require sex offender registry. Additionally, our skilled Ste. Genevieve County, MO lawyers may be able to help petition for your removal under Missouri Revised Statutes § 589.041.
Give Combs Law Group a call right now if you are facing any of the above allegations in Ste. Genevieve County, MO or fill out our online contact form to talk to one of our lawyers about your case.
Your Rights and the Ste. Genevieve County, MO Sexual Misconduct Legal Process
If you find yourself facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Ste. Genevieve County or any other part of Missouri, it is crucial to understand your rights, including the presumption of innocence, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel. Furthermore, you have the right to a fair trial under the Sixth Amendment, due process under the 14th Amendment, and protection against self-incrimination under the Fifth Amendment.
Our Ste. Genevieve County, MO sexual misconduct defense lawyers are here to guide you through the legal process, which can be particularly lengthy and complex. It typically involves:
- Evidence gathering
- Pre-trial motions
- Possible plea negotiations
- Trial, if necessary
Your Ste. Genevieve County, MO sexual misconduct lawyer from Combs Law Group will accompany you through every step, ensuring the protection of your rights and striving for the most advantageous legal representation and result. Give us a call right away at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
How a Ste. Genevieve County, MO Sexual Misconduct Attorney From Combs Law Group Can Help
Even accusations of sexual misconduct can be life-altering in Ste. Genevieve County, MO. However, with the right legal representation, you can navigate the legal complexities and work toward a favorable outcome. Consulting with a skilled Ste. Genevieve County, MO criminal defense lawyer from Combs Law Group, particularly one who specializes in sexual misconduct cases, is your best course of action to protect your rights and build a strong defense. Our Ste. Genevieve County, MO attorneys will:
- Listen to your side of the story
- Initiate a comprehensive inquiry into the details of your case
- Scrutinize the evidence and the methods used to gather it
- Determine if your rights were violated
- Examine witness reliability
- Search for any inconsistencies in the accuser’s account
- Engage in negotiations with prosecutors, seeking to secure change reduction or dismissal
- Defend you at trial if we have to, and challenge the jury on whether or not the prosecution has proven your charges beyond a reasonable doubt
Our experienced legal team makes sure that the residents of Ste. Genevieve County, MO receive fair, effective legal presentation in any situation. Along with sexual misconduct defense in Ste. Genevieve County, MO, our attorneys are experienced in numerous forms of law, including:
The Importance of Legal Representation in a Ste. Genevieve County, MO Sexual Misconduct Case
Regrettably, it’s a stark reality in our society that when confronted with accusations of sexual misconduct, a considerable number of individuals are inclined to pass swift and definitive judgment, often presuming complete culpability. The Ste. Genevieve County, MO legal professionals at Combs Law Group understand this hardship, and we are committed to mitigating the potential consequences that these allegations may cast upon you, your professional life, and your family. It is important to emphasize that our entire legal system operates on the premise that individuals accused of a crime are considered innocent until proven guilty.
When facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Ste. Genevieve County or elsewhere throughout Missouri, it is imperative to seek guidance from a seasoned criminal defense lawyer. Call us now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Here’s why it’s so important to at least speak to one of our attorneys who specialize in this area of the law:
- Legal Proficiency: Cases involving sexual misconduct are inherently complex from a legal standpoint, regardless of the jurisdiction within Ste. Genevieve County or Missouri. The potential ramifications of a conviction can range from a misdemeanor to a felony, contingent on the aforementioned circumstances. Our determined defense attorneys in Ste. Genevieve County, MO possess the profound legal knowledge and experience necessary to adeptly navigate the intricacies of the legal system.
- Protection of Your Rights: Your Combs Law Group Ste. Genevieve County, MO sexual misconduct attorney will wholeheartedly champion the preservation of your constitutional rights throughout the legal process. This includes ensuring that any evidence brought forth against you adheres to admissibility standards and that your entitlement to refrain from self-incrimination is duly upheld.
- Building a Formidable Defense: Our Ste. Genevieve County, MO criminal defense lawyer will diligently scrutinize the circumstances surrounding the allegations against you, gather evidence, and forge an unwavering, impenetrable defense strategy. There is always more than one side of the story, and, depending on the specifics of your Ste. Genevieve County, MO case, we may question the credibility of your accuser or challenge the evidence presented by the prosecutor.
- Negotiation Skills: In certain scenarios, your Ste. Genevieve County, MO Combs Law lawyer may be able to negotiate a plea bargain that reduces the charges or penalties you face, if not lead to a complete dismissal of the case. We always leave the ultimate decision up to you, but all of our legal advice is based on what we genuinely believe to be in your best interest.
- Litigation Proficiency: In the event that your case proceeds to trial in Ste. Genevieve County, MO, our sexual misconduct lawyer will articulately present your case, deftly cross-examine witnesses, and work to secure a favorable outcome.
Reach Out to a Sexual Misconduct Lawyer in Ste. Genevieve County, MO Right Away | Combs Law Group
Irrespective of the character or gravity of the accusations lodged against you in Ste. Genevieve County, MO, Combs Law Group was established with the mission of providing support to good individuals caught in bad circumstances. We firmly maintain that you are entitled to a proficient and unwavering team of defense specialists as you confront criminal charges, be it in Ste. Genevieve County or elsewhere in Missouri.
Call a Combs Law Group sexual misconduct defense attorney in Ste. Genevieve County, MO now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online for a free consultation.