Sexual Misconduct Lawyer St. Charles, MO
Sexual misconduct lawyer in St. Charles, MO. If you find yourself under arrest or confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in St. Charles or any other location within Missouri, the last thing you need is a defense lawyer who approaches your case with judgmental attitudes or suspicious glances. At Combs Law Group, we fully comprehend that every situation has multiple aspects, and we acknowledge the emotional and financial hardships that accompany facing a sexual misconduct charge in St. Charles, MOIf you have been arrested or are facing charges for sexual misconduct in St. Charles or anywhere else in Missouri, the last thing you want is judgment or sideways glances from your own attorney. At Combs Law Group, we know that there is always more than one side of the story and we recognize the emotional and financial hardship of dealing with a sexual misconduct charge in St. Charles, MO.
You have no time to waste. Our staff of knowledgeable sexual misconduct lawyers in St. Charles, MO is dedicated to safeguarding your rights and aggressively fighting for your future. We have the necessary experience and resources at our disposal to get you the best possible outcome in your case.
Give us a call as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Our St. Charles, MO sex crimes attorney can meet with you virtually or in-person for a free, no-strings-attached consultation to speak about the specifics of your case and offer expert legal advice.
What is Considered Sexual Misconduct Under Missouri Law?
Sexual misconduct takes place when an individual engages in conduct that involves exposing themselves in a manner and in circumstances likely to provoke shock, offense, or alarm, or when individuals engage in sexual intercourse in public. There are three distinct charges that a person accused of sexual misconduct can face in St. Charles and elsewhere in Missouri, including:
Sexual Misconduct in the First Degree
According to the provisions outlined in Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.093, a person may face charges of first-degree sexual misconduct if they:
- Expose their genitals under circumstances in which they know their conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual contact in the presence of a third person or persons under circumstances where they know that such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse in a public place in the presence of a third person
For a first offense, first-degree sexual misconduct is a class B misdemeanor, punishable by a potential jail term of up to 6 months and a fine not exceeding $1,000. For a second conviction, it is a class A misdemeanor, which may entail imprisonment for up to one year and a fine of up to $2,000.
Second-Degree Sexual Misconduct
Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.095, sexual misconduct in the second degree is defined as soliciting or requesting another individual to engage in sexual conduct knowing that it is likely to cause affront or alarm. This is a class C misdemeanor, with a punishment of up to 15 days in jail and a fine of no more than $500.
Sexual Misconduct Involving a Child
This is by far the most serious of sexual misconduct violations. Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.083, a person commits sexual misconduct involving a child when they:
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age under circumstances in which they know that the conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the child
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child less than 15 years of age to expose the child’s genitals for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child who they know to be less than 15 years of age to expose the breasts of a female child through the Internet or other electronic means for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
It is a class E felony for a first-time offender, which carries with it up to 4 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000. For a repeat offender, it is a class D felony, the punishment for which is up to 7 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
There is no mandatory minimum sentencing for any of these charges in St. Charles, MO. Additional sentencing options may also include probation, mandatory counseling, and restitution to the victim. Also, if you are convicted of a sex crime in St. Charles, MO, you will likely be required to register as a sex offender. The length of time you have to remain on the registry will depend on your age and the nature of the crime. We will work hard to dismiss or reduce your charges to ones that don’t require sex offender registry. Moreover, our skilled St. Charles, MO lawyers may be able to help petition for your removal under Missouri Revised Statutes § 589.041.
Give Combs Law Group a call right now if you are facing any of the above allegations in St. Charles, MO or contact us online to talk to one of our lawyers about your case.
Your Rights and the St. Charles, MO Sexual Misconduct Legal Process
If you find yourself facing allegations of sexual misconduct in St. Charles or anywhere else in Missouri, it is crucial to understand your rights, including the presumption of innocence, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel. Furthermore, you have the right to a fair trial in accordance with the Sixth Amendment, due process rights under the 14th Amendment, and protection from self-incrimination as stipulated in the Fifth Amendment.
Our sexual misconduct defense attorneys in St. Charles, MO can help walk you through the intricate and often lengthy legal process, which typical encompasses:
- Evidence gathering
- Pre-trial motions
- Possible plea negotiations
- Trial, if necessary
Your St. Charles, MO sexual misconduct attorney from Combs Law Group will accompany you through every step, ensuring the protection of your rights and striving for the most advantageous legal representation and result. Call us today at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
How a St. Charles, MO Sexual Misconduct Attorney From Combs Law Group Can Help
Even allegations of sexual misconduct can be life-altering in St. Charles, MO. However, with the right legal representation, you can navigate the legal complexities and work toward a favorable outcome. Consulting with a skilled St. Charles, MO criminal defense lawyer from Combs Law Group, especially one who specializes in sexual misconduct cases, is your best course of action to safeguard your rights and construct a strong defense. Our St. Charles, MO lawyers will:
- Actively listen to your perspective
- Initiate a comprehensive inquiry into the details of your case
- Scrutinize the evidence and the methods used to gather it
- Assess the potential violations of your rights
- Evaluate the reliability of witnesses
- Look for inconsistencies in the accuser’s story
- Negotiate with prosecutors to have your charges reduced or even dismissed
- Defend you at trial if we have to, and challenge the jury on whether or not the prosecution has proven your charges beyond a reasonable doubt
Our experienced legal team makes sure that the citizens of St. Charles, MO receive fair, effective legal presentation in any situation. In addition to sexual misconduct defense in St. Charles, MO, our attorneys are experienced in numerous types of cases, including:
The Importance of Legal Representation in a Sexual Misconduct Case in St. Charles, MO
It is truly unfortunate in our society that if you’re facing allegations of sexual misconduct, many will instantly and automatically judge you to be 100 percent at fault. The St. Charles, MO lawyers at Combs Law Group get it, and we fight to limit the impact these allegations can have on you, your career, and your family. After all, our entire legal system operates under the principle that individuals are innocent until proven guilty.
When confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in St. Charles or any other location within Missouri, it’s critical to consult with an experienced criminal defense lawyer. Call us now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online. Here’s why it’s so critical to at least speak to one of our lawyers who specialize in this area of the law:
- Legal Proficiency: Sexual misconduct cases are legally intricate, no matter the jurisdiction in St. Charles or Missouri, and the consequences of a conviction can be severe – either a misdemeanor or felony depending on the aforementioned circumstances. Our tenacious defense attorneys in St. Charles, MO have the knowledge and experience to navigate the intricacies of the legal system.
- Protection of Your Rights: Your Combs Law Group St. Charles, MO sexual misconduct attorney will wholeheartedly champion the preservation of your constitutional rights throughout the legal process. This encompasses the assurance that any evidence obtained against you adheres to admissibility standards and that your entitlement to refrain from self-incrimination is duly upheld.
- Constructing a Strong Defense: Our St. Charles, MO criminal defense lawyer will investigate the circumstances surrounding the allegations against you, amass pertinent evidence, and build a robust and impermeable defense strategy. There is always more than one side of the story, and, depending on the specifics of your St. Charles, MO case, we may question the credibility of your accuser or challenge the evidence presented by the prosecutor.
- Negotiation Skills: In certain scenarios, your St. Charles, MO Combs Law lawyer may be able to negotiate a plea bargain that reduces the charges or penalties you face, if not lead to a complete dismissal of the case. It is paramount to underscore that the ultimate decision always rests with you; nonetheless, all our legal counsel is grounded in our genuine belief of what serves your best interests.
- Trial Advocacy: If your case goes to trial in St. Charles, MO, our sexual misconduct attorney will articulately present your case, cross-examine witnesses, and work to secure a favorable outcome.
Connect With a Sexual Misconduct Lawyer in St. Charles, MO Today | Combs Law Group
No matter the nature or severity of the allegations against you in St. Charles, MO, Combs Law Group was founded on helping good people caught in bad situations. We believe that you deserve an expert and dedicated professional defense team when you are facing criminal charges in St. Charles or anywhere in Missouri.
Give Combs Law Group’s St. Charles, MO sexual misconduct defense lawyer a call today at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online for a free case review.