Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Savannah, MO
Sexual misconduct lawyer in Savannah, MO. If you find yourself under arrest or confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Savannah or any other location within Missouri, the last thing you need is a defense lawyer who approaches your case with judgmental attitudes or suspicious glances. At Combs Law Group, we fully comprehend that every situation has multiple facets, and we acknowledge the emotional and financial hardships that accompany facing a sexual misconduct charge in Savannah, MOIf you have been arrested or are facing charges for sexual misconduct in Savannah or anywhere else in Missouri, the last thing you want is judgment or sideways glances from your own lawyer. At Combs Law Group, we fully understand that there is always more than one side of the story and we recognize the emotional and financial burden of dealing with a sexual misconduct charge in Savannah, MO.
Time is of the essence. Our team of knowledgeable lawyers specializing in sexual misconduct in Savannah, MO is wholeheartedly committed to safeguarding your rights and mounting a vigorous defense on your behalf. With our substantial experience and abundant resources, we are fully equipped to pursue the most favorable resolution for your case.
Call us as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online. Our Savannah, MO sex crimes lawyer can meet with you virtually or in-person for a free, no-obligation case review to discuss the specifics of your case and offer expert legal guidance.
What is Considered Sexual Misconduct Under Missouri Law?
Sexual misconduct takes place when an individual engages in conduct that involves exposing themselves in a manner and in circumstances likely to provoke shock, offense, or alarm, or when individuals engage in sexual intercourse in public. There are three specific charges that a person accused of sexual misconduct can face in Savannah and elsewhere in Missouri, including:
First-Degree Sexual Misconduct
According to the provisions outlined in Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.093, a person may face charges of first-degree sexual misconduct if they:
- Expose their genitals under circumstances in which they know their conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual contact in the presence of a third person or persons under circumstances where they know that such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse in a public place in the presence of a third person
For a first offense, first-degree sexual misconduct is a class B misdemeanor, which carries with it up to 6 months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000. For a second conviction, it is a class A misdemeanor, which may entail imprisonment for up to one year and a fine of up to $2,000.
Second-Degree Sexual Misconduct
Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.095, sexual misconduct in the second degree is defined as soliciting or requesting another person to engage in sexual conduct knowing that it is likely to cause affront or alarm. This is a class C misdemeanor, with a punishment of up to 15 days in jail and a fine of no more than $500.
Sexual Misconduct Involving a Child
This stands as the most serious of sexual misconduct offenses. According to Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.083, an individual is charged with sexual misconduct involving a child when they:
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age under circumstances in which they know that the conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the child
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child less than 15 years of age to expose the child’s genitals for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child who they know to be less than 15 years of age to expose the breasts of a female child through the Internet or other electronic means for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
It is a class E felony for a first-time offender, which carries with it up to 4 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000. For a repeat offender, it is a class D felony, the punishment for which is up to 7 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
There is no mandatory minimum sentencing for any of these charges in Savannah, MO. Additional sentencing options may also include probation, mandatory counseling, and restitution to the victim. Also, if you are convicted of a sex crime in Savannah, MO, you will likely be required to register as a sex offender. The length of time you have to remain on the registry will depend on your age and the nature of the crime. We will work hard to dismiss or reduce your charges to ones that don’t require sex offender registry. Additionally, our skilled Savannah, MO lawyers may be able to help petition for your removal under Missouri Revised Statutes § 589.041.
Give Combs Law Group a call right now if you are facing any of the above allegations in Savannah, MO or fill out our online contact form to talk to one of our lawyers about your case.
Your Rights and the Sexual Misconduct Legal Process in Savannah, MO
If you find yourself facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Savannah or anywhere else in Missouri, it is imperative to be aware of your rights, which encompass the presumption of innocence, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel. Additionally, you are entitled to a fair trial under the Sixth Amendment, due process under the 14th Amendment, and protection against self-incrimination as stipulated in the Fifth Amendment.
Our Savannah, MO sexual misconduct defense attorneys can help walk you through the intricate and often lengthy legal process, which typical encompasses:
- Evidence gathering
- Pre-trial motions
- Possible plea negotiations
- Trial, if necessary
Your Savannah, MO sexual misconduct attorney from Combs Law Group will guide you through every step, ensuring the protection of your rights and striving for the most advantageous legal representation and result. Give us a call today at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
How a Savannah, MO Sexual Misconduct Attorney From Combs Law Group Can Help
Even allegations of sexual misconduct have the potential to drastically impact your life in Savannah, MO. But, with the assistance of proficient legal representation, you can effectively navigate the legal complexities and strive for a positive resolution. Seeking counsel from an adept criminal defense lawyer in Savannah, MO, particularly one with expertise in sexual misconduct cases, is the most prodent stop to protect your rights and construct a robust defense. Our Savannah, MO attorneys will:
- Actively listen to your perspective
- Initiate a comprehensive inquiry into the details of your case
- Scrutinize the evidence and examine how it was obtained
- Determine if your rights were violated
- Examine witness reliability
- Search for any inconsistencies in the accuser’s account
- Negotiate with prosecutors to have your charges reduced or even dismissed
- Provide a resolute defense if necessary, challenging the jury to determine whether the prosecution has substantiated your charges beyond a reasonable doubt
Our experienced legal team makes sure that the residents of Savannah, MO receive fair, effective legal presentation in any situation. Along with sexual misconduct defense in Savannah, MO, our attorneys are experienced in many forms of law, including:
The Importance of Legal Representation in a Sexual Misconduct Case in Savannah, MO
Regrettably, it’s a stark reality in our society that when confronted with accusations of sexual misconduct, a considerable number of individuals are inclined to pass swift and definitive judgment, often presuming complete culpability. The Savannah, MO legal professionals at Combs Law Group understand this hardship, and we are dedicated to mitigating the potential consequences that these allegations may cast upon you, your professional life, and your family. It is important to emphasize that our entire legal system operates on the fundamental tenet that individuals accused of a crime are considered innocent until proven guilty.
When confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Savannah or any other location within Missouri, it’s critical to consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney. Call us right away at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Here’s why it’s so critical to at least speak to one of our lawyers who specialize in this area of the law:
- Legal Proficiency: Cases involving sexual misconduct are inherently complex from a legal standpoint, irrespective of the jurisdiction within Savannah or Missouri. The potential ramifications of a conviction can range from a misdemeanor to a felony, contingent on the aforementioned circumstances. Our determined defense lawyers in Savannah, MO possess the profound legal knowledge and experience necessary to adeptly navigate the intricacies of the legal system.
- Safeguarding Your Rights: Your Combs Law Group Savannah, MO sexual misconduct attorney will wholeheartedly champion the preservation of your constitutional rights at every stage of the legal proceedings. This includes ensuring that any evidence brought forth against you adheres to admissibility standards and that your entitlement to refrain from self-incrimination is duly upheld.
- Building a Strong Defense: Our Savannah, MO criminal defense lawyer will investigate the circumstances surrounding the allegations against you, amass pertinent evidence, and build a robust and impermeable defense strategy. There is always more than one side of the story, and, depending on the specifics of your Savannah, MO case, we may question the credibility of your accuser or challenge the evidence presented by the prosecutor.
- Negotiation Skills: In some situations, your Savannah, MO Combs Law lawyer may be able to negotiate a plea bargain that reduces the charges or penalties you face, if not lead to a complete dismissal of the case. It is paramount to underscore that the ultimate decision always rests with you; nonetheless, all our legal counsel is grounded in our genuine belief of what serves your best interests.
- Trial Advocacy: If your case goes to trial in Savannah, MO, our sexual misconduct lawyer will articulately present your case, cross-examine witnesses, and steadfastly labor to secure a favorable outcome.
Connect With a Savannah, MO Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Now | Combs Law Group
Irrespective of the character or gravity of the allegations against you in Savannah, MO, Combs Law Group was established with the mission of providing support to good individuals caught in bad situations. We firmly maintain that you are entitled to a proficient and unwavering team of defense specialists as you confront criminal charges, be it in Savannah or elsewhere in Missouri.
Call a Combs Law Group sexual misconduct defense attorney in Savannah, MO now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online for a free consultation.