Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Ray County, MO
Sexual misconduct lawyer in Ray County, MO. If you find yourself under arrest or confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Ray County or any other location within Missouri, the last thing you need is a defense lawyer who approaches your case with judgmental attitudes or suspicious glances. At Combs Law Group, we recognize that every situation has multiple aspects, and we acknowledge the emotional and financial difficulties that accompany facing a sexual misconduct charge in Ray County, MOIf you have been arrested or are facing charges for sexual misconduct in Ray County or anywhere else in Missouri, the last thing you want is judgment or sideways glances from your own lawyer. At Combs Law Group, we fully understand that there is always more than one side of the story and we recognize the emotional and financial burden of defending a sexual misconduct charge in Ray County, MO.
Time is of the essence. Our staff of well-informed lawyers specializing in sexual misconduct in Ray County, MO is wholeheartedly committed to safeguarding your rights and mounting a vigorous defense on your behalf. With our substantial experience and abundant resources, we are fully equipped to pursue the most favorable resolution for your case.
Call us as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Our Ray County, MO sex crimes lawyer can meet with you virtually or in-person for a free, no-obligation case review to discuss the specifics of your case and offer expert legal advice.
What is Considered Sexual Misconduct Under Missouri Law?
Sexual misconduct takes place when an individual engages in conduct that involves exposing themselves in a manner and in circumstances likely to provoke shock, offense, or alarm, or when individuals engage in sexual intercourse in public. There are three specific charges that a person accused of sexual misconduct can face in Ray County and elsewhere in Missouri, including:
Sexual Misconduct in the First Degree
According to the provisions outlined in Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.093, a person may face charges of first-degree sexual misconduct if they:
- Expose their genitals under circumstances in which they know their conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual contact in the presence of a third person or persons under circumstances where they know that such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse in a public place in the presence of a third person
For a first offense, first-degree sexual misconduct is a class B misdemeanor, punishable by a potential jail term of up to 6 months and a fine not exceeding $1,000. For a second conviction, it is a class A misdemeanor, which could mean up to a year in jail and a fine of up to $2,000.
Sexual Misconduct in the Second Degree
Second-degree sexual misconduct is described under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.095. It involves the act of soliciting or requesting another person to participate in sexual conduct, knowing that such actions are likely to provoke affront or alarm. This offense is classified as a class C misdemeanor and carries a penalty of up to 15 days of jail time and a fine not exceeding $500.
Sexual Misconduct Involving a Child
This is by far the most serious of sexual misconduct offenses. Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.083, an individual is charged with sexual misconduct involving a child when they:
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age under circumstances in which they know that the conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the child
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child less than 15 years of age to expose the child’s genitals for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child who they know to be less than 15 years of age to expose the breasts of a female child through the Internet or other electronic means for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
For a first offense, it is a class E felony, which can result in a maximum prison sentence of up to 4 years and a fine of up to $10,000. In the case of a repeat offender, it escalates to a class D felony, carrying a potential punishment of up to 7 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
There are no mandatory minimum sentencing requirements for any of these charges in Ray County, MO. Along with jail time, alternative sentencing options may be considered, including probation, mandatory counseling, and restitution to the victim. Additionally, if you are convicted of a sex crime in Ray County, MO, you may be required to register as a sex offender. The duration of your registration requirement hinges on factors such as your age and the nature of the offense. Our proficient Ray County, MO attorneys are dedicated to pursuing charge dismissal or reduction to offenses that do not mandate sex offender registration. Moreover, we can explore the possibility of petitioning for your removal from the registry under Missouri Revised Statutes § 589.041.
If you are facing any of the above charges in Ray County, MO, call Combs Law Group right now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online to speak with one of our attorneys about your case.
Your Rights and the Sexual Misconduct Legal Process in Ray County, MO
If you find yourself facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Ray County or anywhere else in Missouri, it is imperative to be aware of your rights, which encompass the presumption of innocence, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel. Also, you are entitled to a fair trial under the Sixth Amendment, due process under the 14th Amendment, and protection against self-incrimination as stipulated in the Fifth Amendment.
Our Ray County, MO sexual misconduct defense lawyers are here to guide you through the legal process, which can be especially lengthy and complex. It typically involves:
- Evidence gathering
- Pre-trial motions
- Possible plea negotiations
- Trial, if necessary
Your Combs Law Group Ray County, MO sexual misconduct attorney will accompany you through each stage, making sure that your rights are upheld and that you get the best possible legal representation and outcome. Call us today at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
How a Ray County, MO Sexual Misconduct Attorney From Combs Law Group Can Help
Even accusations of sexual misconduct have the potential to drastically impact your life in Ray County, MO. However, with the right legal representation, you can effectively navigate the legal complexities and work toward a favorable outcome. Consulting with a skilled Ray County, MO criminal defense lawyer from Combs Law Group, especially one who specializes in sexual misconduct cases, is your best course of action to protect your rights and build a strong defense. Our Ray County, MO attorneys will:
- Actively listen to your perspective
- Initiate a comprehensive inquiry into the details of your case
- Scrutinize the evidence and the methods used to gather it
- Determine if your rights were violated
- Examine witness reliability
- Look for inconsistencies in the accuser’s story
- Engage in negotiations with prosecutors, seeking to secure change reduction or dismissal
- Defend you at trial if we have to, and challenge the jury on whether or not the prosecution has proven your charges beyond a reasonable doubt
Our skilled legal team ensures that the residents of Ray County, MO receive fair, effective legal presentation in any situation. Along with sexual misconduct defense in Ray County, MO, our lawyers are experienced in many forms of law, including:
The Importance of Legal Representation in a Sexual Misconduct Case in Ray County, MO
It is truly unfortunate in our society that if you are facing allegations of sexual misconduct, many will instantly and automatically judge you to be 100 percent at fault. The Ray County, MO attorneys at Combs Law Group get it, and we fight to limit the impact these allegations can have on you, your career, and your family. After all, our entire legal system operates under the principle that individuals are innocent until proven guilty.
When facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Ray County or elsewhere throughout Missouri, it is imperative to seek guidance from a seasoned criminal defense attorney. Give us a call today at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online. Here’s why it’s so critical to at least speak to one of our attorneys who specialize in this area of the law:
- Legal Expertise: Sexual misconduct cases are legally intricate, regardless of the jurisdiction in Ray County or Missouri, and the consequences of a conviction can be severe – either a misdemeanor or felony depending on the aforementioned circumstances. Our tenacious defense attorneys in Ray County, MO have the knowledge and experience to navigate the complexities of the legal system.
- Protection of Your Rights: Your Combs Law Group sexual misconduct attorney in Ray County, MO will wholeheartedly champion the preservation of your constitutional rights throughout the legal process. This includes ensuring that any evidence obtained against you is admissible and that your rights against self-incrimination are respected.
- Building a Strong Defense: Our Ray County, MO criminal defense lawyer will diligently scrutinize the circumstances surrounding the allegations against you, gather evidence, and build a robust and impermeable defense strategy. It is imperative to keep in mind that in any Ray County, MO case, multiple aspects exist to the narrative, and contingent upon the particulars of your scenario, we may cast doubt on the credibility of the accuser or contest the evidence introduced by the prosecution.
- Negotiation Skills: In some situations, your Ray County, MO Combs Law attorney possesses the adeptness to engage in negotiations aimed at securing a plea arrangement that mitigates the charges or penalties you are confronted with, and in some instances, even leading to complete dismissal of the case. We always leave the ultimate decision up to you, but all of our legal advice is based on what we genuinely believe to be in your best interest.
- Trial Advocacy: In the event that your case proceeds to trial in Ray County, MO, our sexual misconduct lawyer will articulately present your case, deftly cross-examine witnesses, and steadfastly labor to secure a favorable verdict.
Contact a Sexual Misconduct Lawyer in Ray County, MO Now | Combs Law Group
Irrespective of the character or gravity of the allegations against you in Ray County, MO, Combs Law Group was established with the mission of providing support to good individuals caught in bad circumstances. We firmly believe that you are entitled to a proficient and unwavering team of defense specialists as you confront criminal charges, be it in Ray County or elsewhere in Missouri.
Give Combs Law Group’s Ray County, MO sexual misconduct defense lawyer a call now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online for a free case review.