Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Pulaski County, MO
Sexual misconduct lawyer in Pulaski County, MO. If you find yourself under arrest or confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Pulaski County or any other location within Missouri, the last thing you need is a defense lawyer who approaches your case with judgmental attitudes or suspicious glances. At Combs Law Group, we recognize that every scenario has multiple facets, and we acknowledge the emotional and financial difficulties that accompany facing a sexual misconduct charge in Pulaski County, MOIf you have been arrested or are facing charges for sexual misconduct in Pulaski County or anywhere else in Missouri, the last thing you want is judgment or sideways glances from your own attorney. At Combs Law Group, we fully understand that there is always more than one side of the story and we recognize the emotional and financial hardship of defending a sexual misconduct charge in Pulaski County, MO.
Time is of the essence. Our staff of knowledgeable attorneys specializing in sexual misconduct in Pulaski County, MO is wholeheartedly devoted to safeguarding your rights and mounting a vigorous defense on your behalf. With our substantial experience and abundant resources, we are fully equipped to pursue the most favorable resolution for your case.
Call us as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Our Pulaski County, MO sex crimes attorney can meet with you virtually or in-person for a free, no-obligation case review to speak about the specifics of your case and offer expert legal advice.
What is Considered Sexual Misconduct Under Missouri Law?
Sexual misconduct takes place when someone exposes themselves in a manner and circumstance that would cause shock, offense, or alarm, or when people have sexual intercourse in public. Accusations of sexual misconduct in Pulaski County and throughout Missouri can lead to three distinct charges, which include:
First-Degree Sexual Misconduct
Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.093, an individual can be charged with first-degree sexual misconduct if they:
- Expose their genitals under circumstances in which they know their conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual contact in the presence of a third person or persons under circumstances where they know that such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse in a public place in the presence of a third person
For a first offense, sexual misconduct in the first degree is a class B misdemeanor, punishable by a potential jail term of up to 6 months and a fine not exceeding $1,000. For a second conviction, it is a class A misdemeanor, which could mean up to a year in jail and a fine of up to $2,000.
Sexual Misconduct in the Second Degree
Second-degree sexual misconduct is described under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.095. It involves the act of soliciting or requesting another individual to participate in sexual conduct, knowing that such actions are likely to provoke affront or alarm. This offense is classified as a class C misdemeanor and carries a penalty of up to 15 days of jail time and a fine not exceeding $500.
Sexual Misconduct Involving a Child
This stands as the most serious of sexual misconduct violations. According to Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.083, a person is charged with sexual misconduct involving a child when they:
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age under circumstances in which they know that the conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the child
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child less than 15 years of age to expose the child’s genitals for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child who they know to be less than 15 years of age to expose the breasts of a female child through the Internet or other electronic means for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
For a first offense, this constitutes a class E felony, which can result in a maximum prison sentence of up to 4 years and a fine of up to $10,000. In the case of a repeat offender, it escalates to a class D felony, carrying a potential punishment of up to 7 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
There are no mandatory minimum sentencing requirements for any of these charges in Pulaski County, MO. In addition to imprisonment, alternative sentencing options may be considered, including probation, mandatory counseling, and restitution to the victim. Furthermore, if you are convicted of a sex crime in Pulaski County, MO, you may be required to register as a sex offender. The duration of your registration requirement hinges on factors such as your age and the nature of the offense. Our proficient Pulaski County, MO attorneys are dedicated to pursuing charge dismissal or reduction to offenses that do not mandate sex offender registration. Moreover, we can explore the possibility of petitioning for your removal from the registry under Missouri Revised Statutes § 589.041.
Give Combs Law Group a call right now if you are facing any of the above allegations in Pulaski County, MO or fill out our online contact form to talk to one of our lawyers about your case.
Your Rights and the Pulaski County, MO Sexual Misconduct Legal Process
If you’re accused of sexual misconduct in Pulaski County or any other part of Missouri, it is imperative to be aware of your rights, including the presumption of innocence, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel. Furthermore, you are entitled to a fair trial under the Sixth Amendment, due process under the 14th Amendment, and protection against self-incrimination as stipulated in the Fifth Amendment.
Our Pulaski County, MO sexual misconduct defense lawyers are here to guide you through the intricate and often lengthy legal process, which typical encompasses:
- Evidence gathering
- Pre-trial motions
- Possible plea negotiations
- Trial, if necessary
Your Combs Law Group Pulaski County, MO sexual misconduct attorney will guide you through each stage, making sure that your rights are upheld and that you get the best possible legal representation and outcome. Call us right away at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
How a Pulaski County, MO Sexual Misconduct Attorney From Combs Law Group Can Help
Even accusations of sexual misconduct can be life-altering in Pulaski County, MO. However, with the right legal representation, you can effectively navigate the legal complexities and work toward a favorable outcome. Seeking counsel from a skilled criminal defense lawyer in Pulaski County, MO, especially one with expertise in sexual misconduct cases, is the most prodent stop to protect your rights and construct a robust defense. Our Pulaski County, MO attorneys will:
- Actively listen to your perspective
- Conduct a full investigation into your case
- Review the evidence and examine how it was obtained
- Determine if your rights were violated
- Evaluate the reliability of witnesses
- Search for any inconsistencies in the accuser’s account
- Negotiate with prosecutors to have your charges reduced or even dismissed
- Defend you at trial if we have to, and challenge the jury on whether or not the prosecution has proven your charges beyond a reasonable doubt
Our experienced legal team ensures that the citizens of Pulaski County, MO receive fair, effective legal presentation in any situation. Along with sexual misconduct defense in Pulaski County, MO, our lawyers are experienced in many types of cases, including:
The Importance of Legal Representation in a Pulaski County, MO Sexual Misconduct Case
Regrettably, it’s a stark reality in our society that when confronted with accusations of sexual misconduct, a considerable number of individuals are inclined to pass swift and definitive judgment, frequently presuming complete culpability. The Pulaski County, MO legal professionals at Combs Law Group understand this hardship, and we are committed to mitigating the potential consequences that these allegations may cast upon you, your professional life, and your family. It is vital to emphasize that our entire legal system operates on the premise that people accused of a crime are considered innocent until proven guilty.
When facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Pulaski County or elsewhere throughout Missouri, it is imperative to seek guidance from a seasoned criminal defense attorney. Give us a call today at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online. Here’s why it is of utmost importance to, at the very least, have a conversation with one of our specialized attorneys in this field:
- Legal Expertise: Sexual misconduct cases are legally intricate, no matter the jurisdiction in Pulaski County or Missouri, and the consequences of a conviction can be severe – either a misdemeanor or felony depending on the aforementioned circumstances. Our tenacious defense attorneys in Pulaski County, MO possess the knowledge and experience to navigate the complexities of the legal system.
- Safeguarding Your Rights: Your Combs Law Group sexual misconduct attorney in Pulaski County, MO will wholeheartedly champion the preservation of your constitutional rights throughout the legal process. This includes ensuring that any evidence obtained against you is admissible and that your rights against self-incrimination are respected.
- Constructing a Formidable Defense: Our Pulaski County, MO criminal defense lawyer will investigate the circumstances surrounding the allegations against you, amass pertinent evidence, and forge an unwavering, impenetrable defense strategy. It is imperative to bear in mind that in any Pulaski County, MO case, multiple facets exist to the narrative, and contingent upon the particulars of your situation, we may cast doubt on the credibility of the accuser or contest the evidence introduced by the prosecution.
- Negotiating Expertise: In some situations, your Pulaski County, MO Combs Law lawyer may be able to negotiate a plea bargain that reduces the charges or penalties you face, if not lead to a complete dismissal of the case. It is paramount to underscore that the ultimate decision always rests with you; nonetheless, all our legal counsel is grounded in our genuine belief of what serves your best interests.
- Litigation Proficiency: In the event that your case proceeds to trial in Pulaski County or anywhere in Missouri, our sexual misconduct lawyer will present your case persuasively, deftly cross-examine witnesses, and work to secure a favorable outcome.
Contact a Sexual Misconduct Lawyer in Pulaski County, MO Right Away | Combs Law Group
Irrespective of the character or gravity of the allegations against you in Pulaski County, MO, Combs Law Group was established with the mission of providing support to good individuals caught in bad situations. We firmly maintain that you are entitled to a proficient and unwavering defense team as you confront criminal charges, be it in Pulaski County or elsewhere in Missouri.
Give Combs Law Group’s Pulaski County, MO sexual misconduct defense lawyer a call now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online for a free case review.