Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Plattsburg, MO
Sexual misconduct lawyer in Plattsburg, MO. If you find yourself under arrest or confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Plattsburg or any other location within Missouri, the last thing you need is a defense lawyer who approaches your case with judgmental attitudes or suspicious glances. At Combs Law Group, we recognize that every scenario has multiple aspects, and we acknowledge the emotional and financial difficulties that accompany facing a sexual misconduct charge in Plattsburg, MOIf you have been arrested or are facing charges for sexual misconduct in Plattsburg or anywhere else in Missouri, the last thing you want is judgment or sideways glances from your own lawyer. At Combs Law Group, we know that there is always more than one side of the story and we realize the emotional and financial burden of defending a sexual misconduct charge in Plattsburg, MO.
Time is of the essence. Our team of well-informed attorneys specializing in sexual misconduct in Plattsburg, MO is wholeheartedly devoted to safeguarding your rights and mounting a vigorous defense on your behalf. With our substantial experience and abundant network, we are fully equipped to pursue the most favorable resolution for your case.
Give us a call as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Our Plattsburg, MO sex crimes attorney can meet with you virtually or in-person for a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss the specifics of your case and offer expert legal advice.
What is Considered Sexual Misconduct Under Missouri Law?
Sexual misconduct occurs when an individual engages in conduct that involves exposing themselves in a manner and in circumstances likely to provoke shock, offense, or alarm, or when individuals engage in sexual intercourse in public. There are three distinct charges that a person accused of sexual misconduct can face in Plattsburg and elsewhere in Missouri, including:
Sexual Misconduct in the First Degree
According to the provisions outlined in Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.093, a person may face charges of first-degree sexual misconduct if they:
- Expose their genitals under circumstances in which they know their conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual contact in the presence of a third person or persons under circumstances where they know that such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse in a public place in the presence of a third person
For a first offense, sexual misconduct in the first degree is a class B misdemeanor, punishable by a potential jail term of up to 6 months and a fine not exceeding $1,000. In the case of a second conviction, it elevates to a class A misdemeanor, which could mean up to a year in jail and a fine of up to $2,000.
Second-Degree Sexual Misconduct
Second-degree sexual misconduct is described under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.095. It involves the act of soliciting or requesting another individual to participate in sexual conduct, knowing that such actions are likely to provoke affront or alarm. This offense is classified as a class C misdemeanor and carries a penalty of up to 15 days of jail time and a fine not exceeding $500.
Sexual Misconduct Involving a Child
This stands as the most serious of sexual misconduct violations. Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.083, an individual commits sexual misconduct involving a child when they:
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age under circumstances in which they know that the conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the child
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child less than 15 years of age to expose the child’s genitals for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child who they know to be less than 15 years of age to expose the breasts of a female child through the Internet or other electronic means for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
It is a class E felony for a first-time offender, which carries with it up to 4 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000. For a repeat offender, it is a class D felony, the punishment for which is up to 7 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
There are no mandatory minimum sentencing requirements for any of these charges in Plattsburg, MO. In addition to jail time, alternative sentencing options may be considered, including probation, mandatory counseling, and restitution to the victim. Additionally, if you are convicted of a sex crime in Plattsburg, MO, you may be obligated to register as a sex offender. The duration of your registration requirement hinges on factors such as your age and the nature of the offense. Our proficient Plattsburg, MO lawyers are dedicated to pursuing charge dismissal or reduction to offenses that do not mandate sex offender registration. Moreover, we can explore the possibility of petitioning for your removal from the registry under Missouri Revised Statutes § 589.041.
Give Combs Law Group a call right now if you are facing any of the above allegations in Plattsburg, MO or fill out our online contact form to talk to one of our lawyers about your case.
Your Rights and the Plattsburg, MO Sexual Misconduct Legal Process
If you’re accused of sexual misconduct in Plattsburg or anywhere else in Missouri, it is imperative to be aware of your rights, including the presumption of innocence, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel. Furthermore, you are entitled to a fair trial in accordance with the Sixth Amendment, due process under the 14th Amendment, and protection against self-incrimination under the Fifth Amendment.
Our sexual misconduct defense lawyers in Plattsburg, MO are here to guide you through the intricate and often lengthy legal process, which typical encompasses:
- Evidence gathering
- Pre-trial motions
- Possible plea negotiations
- Trial, if necessary
Your Combs Law Group Plattsburg, MO sexual misconduct attorney will guide you through each stage, making sure that your rights are upheld and that you get the best possible legal representation and outcome. Give us a call right now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
How a Plattsburg, MO Sexual Misconduct Attorney From Combs Law Group Can Help
Even allegations of sexual misconduct can be life-altering in Plattsburg, MO. But, with the assistance of proficient legal representation, you can effectively navigate the legal complexities and strive for a positive resolution. Seeking counsel from an adept criminal defense attorney in Plattsburg, MO, especially one with expertise in sexual misconduct cases, is the most prodent stop to safeguard your rights and build a robust defense. Our Plattsburg, MO lawyers will:
- Actively listen to your perspective
- Initiate a comprehensive inquiry into the details of your case
- Scrutinize the evidence and the methods used to gather it
- Determine if your rights were violated
- Examine witness reliability
- Search for any inconsistencies in the accuser’s account
- Engage in negotiations with prosecutors, seeking to secure change reduction or dismissal
- Defend you at trial if we have to, and challenge the jury on whether or not the prosecution has proven your charges beyond a reasonable doubt
Our skilled legal team ensures that the residents of Plattsburg, MO receive fair, effective legal presentation in any situation. Along with sexual misconduct defense in Plattsburg, MO, our attorneys are experienced in numerous types of cases, including:
The Importance of Legal Representation in a Plattsburg, MO Sexual Misconduct Case
Regrettably, it’s a stark reality in our society that when confronted with accusations of sexual misconduct, a considerable number of individuals are inclined to pass swift and definitive judgment, often presuming complete culpability. The Plattsburg, MO legal professionals at Combs Law Group understand this hardship, and we are committed to mitigating the potential consequences that these accusations may cast upon you, your professional life, and your family. It is vital to emphasize that our entire legal system operates on the premise that individuals accused of a crime are considered innocent until proven guilty.
When confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Plattsburg or any other location within Missouri, it is imperative to seek guidance from a seasoned criminal defense attorney. Call us right away at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Here’s why it is of utmost importance to, at the very least, have a conversation with one of our specialized lawyers in this field:
- Legal Proficiency: Cases involving sexual misconduct are inherently intricate from a legal standpoint, irrespective of the jurisdiction within Plattsburg or Missouri. The potential ramifications of a conviction can range from a misdemeanor to a felony, contingent on the aforementioned circumstances. Our determined defense lawyers in Plattsburg, MO possess the profound legal knowledge and experience necessary to adeptly navigate the intricacies of the legal system.
- Safeguarding Your Rights: Your Combs Law Group Plattsburg, MO sexual misconduct attorney will work tirelessly to safeguard your constitutional rights at every stage of the legal proceedings. This encompasses the assurance that any evidence brought forth against you adheres to admissibility standards and that your entitlement to refrain from self-incrimination is duly upheld.
- Constructing a Strong Defense: Our Plattsburg, MO criminal defense lawyer will diligently scrutinize the circumstances surrounding the allegations against you, gather evidence, and forge an unwavering, impenetrable defense strategy. It is imperative to keep in mind that in any Plattsburg, MO case, numerous aspects exist to the narrative, and contingent upon the specifics of your situation, we may cast doubt on the credibility of the accuser or contest the evidence introduced by the prosecution.
- Negotiation Skills: In certain scenarios, your Plattsburg, MO Combs Law attorney may be able to negotiate a plea bargain that reduces the charges or penalties you face, if not lead to a complete dismissal of the case. It is paramount to underscore that the ultimate decision always rests with you; nonetheless, all our legal counsel is grounded in our genuine belief of what serves your best interests.
- Litigation Proficiency: In the event that your case proceeds to trial in Plattsburg or anywhere in Missouri, our sexual misconduct attorney will articulately present your case, deftly cross-examine witnesses, and steadfastly labor to secure a favorable outcome.
Contact a Plattsburg, MO Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Today | Combs Law Group
Regardless of the nature or severity of the accusations lodged against you in Plattsburg, MO, Combs Law Group was founded on helping good people in bad situations. We believe that you deserve an expert and dedicated professional defense team when you are facing criminal charges in Plattsburg or anywhere in Missouri.
Give Combs Law Group’s Plattsburg, MO sexual misconduct defense lawyer a call now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online for a free consultation.