Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Pike County, MO
Sexual misconduct lawyer in Pike County, MO. If you find yourself under arrest or confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Pike County or any other location within Missouri, the last thing you need is a defense attorney who approaches your case with judgmental attitudes or suspicious glances. At Combs Law Group, we recognize that every situation has multiple facets, and we acknowledge the emotional and financial hardships that accompany facing a sexual misconduct charge in Pike County, MOIf you have been arrested or are facing charges for sexual misconduct in Pike County or anywhere else in Missouri, the last thing you want is judgment or sideways glances from your own lawyer. At Combs Law Group, we fully understand that there is always more than one side of the story and we realize the emotional and financial burden of dealing with a sexual misconduct charge in Pike County, MO.
Time is of the essence. Our team of knowledgeable attorneys specializing in sexual misconduct in Pike County, MO is wholeheartedly committed to safeguarding your rights and mounting a vigorous defense on your behalf. With our substantial experience and abundant network, we are fully equipped to pursue the most favorable resolution for your case.
Call us immediately at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Our Pike County, MO sex crimes lawyer can meet with you virtually or in-person for a free, no-strings-attached case review to speak about the specifics of your case and offer expert legal advice.
What is Considered Sexual Misconduct Under Missouri Law?
Sexual misconduct occurs when an individual engages in conduct that involves exposing themselves in a manner and in circumstances likely to provoke shock, offense, or alarm, or when individuals engage in sexual intercourse in public. Allegations of sexual misconduct in Pike County and throughout Missouri can lead to three distinct charges, which include:
Sexual Misconduct in the First Degree
According to the provisions outlined in Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.093, a person may face charges of first-degree sexual misconduct if they:
- Expose their genitals under circumstances in which they know their conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual contact in the presence of a third person or persons under circumstances where they know that such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse in a public place in the presence of a third person
For a first offense, sexual misconduct in the first degree is a class B misdemeanor, which carries with it up to 6 months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000. In the case of a second conviction, it elevates to a class A misdemeanor, which may entail imprisonment for up to one year and a fine of up to $2,000.
Second-Degree Sexual Misconduct
Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.095, sexual misconduct in the second degree is defined as soliciting or requesting another individual to engage in sexual conduct knowing that it is likely to cause affront or alarm. This is a class C misdemeanor, with a punishment of up to 15 days in jail and a fine of no more than $500.
Sexual Misconduct Involving a Child
This is by far the most serious of sexual misconduct violations. Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.083, an individual commits sexual misconduct involving a child if they:
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age under circumstances in which they know that the conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the child
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child less than 15 years of age to expose the child’s genitals for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child who they know to be less than 15 years of age to expose the breasts of a female child through the Internet or other electronic means for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
It is a class E felony for a first-time offender, which carries with it up to 4 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000. For a repeat offender, it is a class D felony, the punishment for which is up to 7 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
There is no mandatory minimum sentencing for any of these charges in Pike County, MO. Additional sentencing options may also include probation, mandatory counseling, and restitution to the victim. Also, if you are convicted of a sex crime in Pike County, MO, you will likely be required to register as a sex offender. The length of time you have to remain on the registry will depend on your age and the nature of the crime. We will work hard to dismiss or reduce your charges to ones that don’t require sex offender registry. Moreover, our skilled Pike County, MO lawyers may be able to help petition for your removal under Missouri Revised Statutes § 589.041.
Give Combs Law Group a call right away if you are facing any of the above allegations in Pike County, MO or contact us online to talk to one of our lawyers about your case.
Your Rights and the Sexual Misconduct Legal Process in Pike County, MO
If you find yourself facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Pike County or anywhere else in Missouri, it is imperative to be aware of your rights, which encompass the presumption of innocence, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel. Furthermore, you are entitled to a fair trial in accordance with the Sixth Amendment, due process rights under the 14th Amendment, and protection against self-incrimination under the Fifth Amendment.
Our Pike County, MO sexual misconduct defense attorneys are here to guide you through the intricate and often lengthy legal process, which typical encompasses:
- Evidence gathering
- Pre-trial motions
- Possible plea negotiations
- Trial, if necessary
Your Combs Law Group Pike County, MO sexual misconduct attorney will accompany you through each stage, making sure that your rights are upheld and that you get the best possible legal representation and outcome. Give us a call today at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
How a Pike County, MO Sexual Misconduct Attorney From Combs Law Group Can Help
Even accusations of sexual misconduct have the potential to drastically impact your life in Pike County, MO. However, with the right legal representation, you can effectively navigate the legal complexities and work toward a favorable outcome. Seeking counsel from an adept criminal defense attorney in Pike County, MO, especially one with expertise in sexual misconduct cases, is the most prodent stop to safeguard your rights and construct a robust defense. Our Pike County, MO attorneys will:
- Listen to your side of the story
- Conduct a full investigation into your case
- Review the evidence and the methods used to gather it
- Determine if your rights were violated
- Examine witness reliability
- Look for inconsistencies in the accuser’s story
- Negotiate with prosecutors to have your charges reduced or even dismissed
- Defend you at trial if we have to, and challenge the jury on whether or not the prosecution has proven your charges beyond a reasonable doubt
Our experienced legal team ensures that the citizens of Pike County, MO receive fair, effective legal presentation in any situation. Along with sexual misconduct defense in Pike County, MO, our lawyers are experienced in many types of cases, including:
The Importance of Legal Representation in a Pike County, MO Sexual Misconduct Case
Regrettably, it’s a stark reality in our society that when confronted with accusations of sexual misconduct, a considerable number of individuals are inclined to pass swift and definitive judgment, often presuming complete culpability. The Pike County, MO legal professionals at Combs Law Group understand this hardship, and we are committed to mitigating the potential consequences that these accusations may cast upon you, your professional life, and your family. It is vital to emphasize that our entire legal system operates on the fundamental tenet that people accused of a crime are considered innocent until proven guilty.
When facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Pike County or elsewhere throughout Missouri, it is imperative to seek guidance from a seasoned criminal defense lawyer. Give us a call now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online. Here’s why it’s so important to at least speak to one of our attorneys who specialize in this area of the law:
- Legal Proficiency: Sexual misconduct cases are legally intricate, regardless of the jurisdiction in Pike County or Missouri, and the consequences of a conviction can be severe – either a misdemeanor or felony depending on the aforementioned circumstances. Our tenacious defense attorneys in Pike County, MO have the knowledge and experience to navigate the complexities of the legal system.
- Protection of Your Rights: Your Combs Law Group sexual misconduct attorney in Pike County, MO will work tirelessly to safeguard your constitutional rights at every stage of the legal proceedings. This encompasses the assurance that any evidence brought forth against you is admissible and that your rights against self-incrimination are respected.
- Constructing a Strong Defense: Our Pike County, MO criminal defense lawyer will investigate the circumstances surrounding the allegations against you, amass pertinent evidence, and forge an unwavering, impenetrable defense strategy. There is always more than one side of the story, and, depending on the specifics of your Pike County, MO case, we may question the credibility of your accuser or challenge the evidence presented by the prosecutor.
- Negotiating Expertise: In certain scenarios, your Pike County, MO Combs Law lawyer possesses the adeptness to engage in negotiations aimed at securing a plea arrangement that mitigates the charges or penalties you are confronted with, and in some instances, even leading to complete dismissal of the case. It is paramount to underscore that the ultimate decision always rests with you; nonetheless, all our legal counsel is grounded in our genuine belief of what serves your best interests.
- Litigation Proficiency: In the event that your case proceeds to trial in Pike County or anywhere in Missouri, our sexual misconduct attorney will present your case persuasively, deftly cross-examine witnesses, and work to secure a favorable verdict.
Reach Out to a Sexual Misconduct Lawyer in Pike County, MO Now | Combs Law Group
Irrespective of the character or gravity of the accusations lodged against you in Pike County, MO, Combs Law Group was established with the mission of providing support to good individuals entangled in bad circumstances. We firmly maintain that you are entitled to a proficient and unwavering defense team as you confront criminal charges, be it in Pike County or elsewhere in Missouri.
Give Combs Law Group’s Pike County, MO sexual misconduct defense lawyer a call now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online for a free case review.