Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Pettis County, MO
Sexual misconduct lawyer in Pettis County, MO. If you find yourself under arrest or confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Pettis County or any other location within Missouri, the last thing you need is a defense attorney who approaches your case with judgmental attitudes or suspicious glances. At Combs Law Group, we fully comprehend that every situation has multiple aspects, and we acknowledge the emotional and financial hardships that accompany facing a sexual misconduct charge in Pettis County, MOIf you have been arrested or are facing charges for sexual misconduct in Pettis County or anywhere else in Missouri, the last thing you want is judgment or sideways glances from your own lawyer. At Combs Law Group, we fully understand that there is always more than one side of the story and we realize the emotional and financial hardship of defending a sexual misconduct charge in Pettis County, MO.
Time is of the essence. Our team of well-informed attorneys specializing in sexual misconduct in Pettis County, MO is wholeheartedly committed to safeguarding your rights and mounting a vigorous defense on your behalf. With our substantial experience and abundant resources, we are fully equipped to pursue the most favorable resolution for your case.
Call us immediately at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Our Pettis County, MO sex crimes lawyer can meet with you virtually or in-person for a free, no-strings-attached consultation to discuss the specifics of your case and offer expert legal guidance.
What is Considered Sexual Misconduct Under Missouri Law?
Sexual misconduct occurs when someone exposes themselves in a manner and circumstance that would cause shock, offense, or alarm, or when people have sexual intercourse in public. There are three distinct charges that a person accused of sexual misconduct can face in Pettis County and elsewhere in Missouri, including:
Sexual Misconduct in the First Degree
According to the provisions outlined in Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.093, a person may face charges of first-degree sexual misconduct if they:
- Expose their genitals under circumstances in which they know their conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual contact in the presence of a third person or persons under circumstances where they know that such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse in a public place in the presence of a third person
For a first offense, first-degree sexual misconduct is a class B misdemeanor, punishable by a potential jail term of up to 6 months and a fine not exceeding $1,000. For a second conviction, it is a class A misdemeanor, which may entail imprisonment for up to one year and a fine of up to $2,000.
Second-Degree Sexual Misconduct
Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.095, sexual misconduct in the second degree is defined as soliciting or requesting another person to engage in sexual conduct knowing that it is likely to cause affront or alarm. This is a class C misdemeanor, with a punishment of up to 15 days in jail and a fine of no more than $500.
Sexual Misconduct Involving a Child
This stands as the most serious of sexual misconduct violations. According to Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.083, a person commits sexual misconduct involving a child if they:
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age under circumstances in which they know that the conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the child
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child less than 15 years of age to expose the child’s genitals for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child who they know to be less than 15 years of age to expose the breasts of a female child through the Internet or other electronic means for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
For a first offense, this constitutes a class E felony, which can result in a maximum prison sentence of up to 4 years and a fine of up to $10,000. In the case of a repeat offender, it escalates to a class D felony, carrying a potential punishment of up to 7 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
There are no mandatory minimum sentencing requirements for any of these charges in Pettis County, MO. In addition to imprisonment, alternative sentencing options may be considered, including probation, mandatory counseling, and restitution to the victim. Additionally, if you are convicted of a sex crime in Pettis County, MO, you may be required to register as a sex offender. The duration of your registration requirement hinges on factors such as your age and the nature of the offense. Our proficient Pettis County, MO lawyers are dedicated to pursuing charge dismissal or reduction to offenses that do not mandate sex offender registration. Moreover, we can explore the possibility of petitioning for your removal from the registry under Missouri Revised Statutes § 589.041.
If you are facing any of the above charges in Pettis County, MO, call Combs Law Group right now at (314) 900-HELP or fill out our online contact form to speak with one of our attorneys about your case.
Your Rights and the Pettis County, MO Sexual Misconduct Legal Process
If you’re accused of sexual misconduct in Pettis County or any other part of Missouri, it is imperative to be aware of your rights, including the presumption of innocence, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel. Additionally, you have the right to a fair trial in accordance with the Sixth Amendment, due process under the 14th Amendment, and protection from self-incrimination under the Fifth Amendment.
Our Pettis County, MO sexual misconduct defense lawyers can help walk you through the intricate and often lengthy legal process, which typical encompasses:
- Evidence gathering
- Pre-trial motions
- Possible plea negotiations
- Trial, if necessary
Your Combs Law Group Pettis County, MO sexual misconduct attorney will accompany you through each stage, making sure that your rights are upheld and that you get the best possible legal representation and outcome. Call us now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
How a Pettis County, MO Sexual Misconduct Attorney From Combs Law Group Can Help
Even allegations of sexual misconduct have the potential to drastically impact your life in Pettis County, MO. But, with the assistance of proficient legal representation, you can navigate the legal challenges and strive for a positive resolution. Seeking counsel from a skilled criminal defense lawyer in Pettis County, MO, particularly one with expertise in sexual misconduct cases, is the most prodent stop to protect your rights and construct a robust defense. Our Pettis County, MO attorneys will:
- Listen to your side of the story
- Conduct a full investigation into your case
- Review the evidence and the methods used to gather it
- Determine if your rights were violated
- Examine witness reliability
- Search for any inconsistencies in the accuser’s account
- Engage in negotiations with prosecutors, seeking to secure change reduction or dismissal
- Defend you at trial if we have to, and challenge the jury on whether or not the prosecution has proven your charges beyond a reasonable doubt
Our experienced legal team makes sure that the residents of Pettis County, MO receive fair, effective legal presentation in any situation. Along with sexual misconduct defense in Pettis County, MO, our lawyers are experienced in many types of cases, including:
The Importance of Legal Representation in a Pettis County, MO Sexual Misconduct Case
Regrettably, it’s a stark reality in our society that when confronted with accusations of sexual misconduct, a considerable number of individuals are inclined to pass swift and definitive judgment, often presuming complete culpability. The Pettis County, MO legal professionals at Combs Law Group understand this hardship, and we are dedicated to mitigating the potential consequences that these accusations may cast upon you, your professional life, and your family. It is vital to emphasize that our entire legal system operates on the fundamental tenet that individuals accused of a crime are considered innocent until proven guilty.
When confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Pettis County or elsewhere throughout Missouri, it is imperative to seek guidance from a seasoned criminal defense attorney. Call us now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online. Here’s why it is of utmost importance to, at the very least, have a conversation with one of our specialized lawyers in this field:
- Legal Expertise: Sexual misconduct cases are legally intricate, regardless of the jurisdiction in Pettis County or Missouri, and the consequences of a conviction can be severe – either a misdemeanor or felony depending on the aforementioned circumstances. Our tenacious defense attorneys in Pettis County, MO have the knowledge and experience to navigate the intricacies of the legal system.
- Protection of Your Rights: Your Combs Law Group Pettis County, MO sexual misconduct attorney will work tirelessly to safeguard your constitutional rights at every stage of the legal proceedings. This includes ensuring that any evidence brought forth against you is admissible and that your rights against self-incrimination are respected.
- Constructing a Formidable Defense: Our Pettis County, MO criminal defense lawyer will investigate the circumstances surrounding the allegations against you, amass pertinent evidence, and forge an unwavering, impenetrable defense strategy. There is always more than one side of the story, and, depending on the specifics of your Pettis County, MO case, we may question the credibility of your accuser or challenge the evidence presented by the prosecutor.
- Negotiating Expertise: In some situations, your Pettis County, MO Combs Law lawyer may be able to negotiate a plea bargain that reduces the charges or penalties you face, if not lead to a complete dismissal of the case. It is paramount to underscore that the ultimate decision always rests with you; nonetheless, all our legal counsel is grounded in our genuine belief of what serves your best interests.
- Litigation Proficiency: If your case goes to trial in Pettis County or anywhere in Missouri, our sexual misconduct lawyer will articulately present your case, cross-examine witnesses, and steadfastly labor to secure a favorable verdict.
Connect With a Sexual Misconduct Lawyer in Pettis County, MO Today | Combs Law Group
Regardless of the nature or severity of the accusations lodged against you in Pettis County, MO, Combs Law Group was founded on helping good people in bad situations. We believe that you deserve an expert and committed professional defense team when you are facing criminal charges in Pettis County or anywhere in Missouri.
Call a Combs Law Group sexual misconduct defense attorney in Pettis County, MO right now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online for a free case review.