Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Ozark, MO
Sexual misconduct lawyer in Ozark, MO. If you find yourself under arrest or confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Ozark or any other location within Missouri, the last thing you need is a defense attorney who approaches your case with judgmental attitudes or suspicious glances. At Combs Law Group, we recognize that every situation has multiple facets, and we acknowledge the emotional and financial difficulties that accompany facing a sexual misconduct charge in Ozark, MOIf you have been arrested or are facing charges for sexual misconduct in Ozark or anywhere else in Missouri, the last thing you want is judgment or sideways glances from your own lawyer. At Combs Law Group, we know that there is always more than one side of the story and we recognize the emotional and financial hardship of dealing with a sexual misconduct charge in Ozark, MO.
You have no time to waste. Our staff of well-informed sexual misconduct lawyers in Ozark, MO is devoted to safeguarding your rights and aggressively fighting for your future. We have the necessary experience and resources at our disposal to get you the best possible outcome in your case.
Call us immediately at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Our Ozark, MO sex crimes lawyer can meet with you virtually or in-person for a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss the specifics of your case and offer expert legal guidance.
What is Considered Sexual Misconduct Under Missouri Law?
Sexual misconduct occurs when someone exposes themselves in a manner and circumstance that would cause shock, offense, or alarm, or when people have sexual intercourse in public. There are three distinct charges that a person accused of sexual misconduct can face in Ozark and elsewhere in Missouri, including:
First-Degree Sexual Misconduct
Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.093, an individual can be charged with first-degree sexual misconduct if they:
- Expose their genitals under circumstances in which they know their conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual contact in the presence of a third person or persons under circumstances where they know that such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse in a public place in the presence of a third person
For a first offense, first-degree sexual misconduct is a class B misdemeanor, punishable by a potential jail term of up to 6 months and a fine not exceeding $1,000. For a second conviction, it is a class A misdemeanor, which may entail imprisonment for up to one year and a fine of up to $2,000.
Second-Degree Sexual Misconduct
Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.095, sexual misconduct in the second degree is defined as soliciting or requesting another individual to engage in sexual conduct knowing that it is likely to cause affront or alarm. This is a class C misdemeanor, with a punishment of up to 15 days in jail and a fine of no more than $500.
Sexual Misconduct Involving a Child
This stands as the most serious of sexual misconduct offenses. Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.083, an individual is charged with sexual misconduct involving a child when they:
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age under circumstances in which they know that the conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the child
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child less than 15 years of age to expose the child’s genitals for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child who they know to be less than 15 years of age to expose the breasts of a female child through the Internet or other electronic means for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
For a first offense, this constitutes a class E felony, which can result in a maximum prison sentence of up to 4 years and a fine of up to $10,000. In the case of a repeat offender, it escalates to a class D felony, carrying a potential punishment of up to 7 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
There are no mandatory minimum sentencing requirements for any of these charges in Ozark, MO. In addition to jail time, alternative sentencing options may be considered, including probation, mandatory counseling, and restitution to the victim. Additionally, if you are convicted of a sex crime in Ozark, MO, you may be obligated to register as a sex offender. The duration of your registration requirement hinges on factors such as your age and the nature of the offense. Our proficient Ozark, MO attorneys are committed to pursuing charge dismissal or reduction to offenses that do not mandate sex offender registration. Moreover, we can explore the possibility of petitioning for your removal from the registry under Missouri Revised Statutes § 589.041.
If you are facing any of the above charges in Ozark, MO, call Combs Law Group right now at (314) 900-HELP or fill out our online contact form to speak with one of our attorneys about your case.
Your Rights and the Ozark, MO Sexual Misconduct Legal Process
If you’re accused of sexual misconduct in Ozark or any other part of Missouri, it is crucial to understand your rights, including the presumption of innocence, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel. Also, you have the right to a fair trial in accordance with the Sixth Amendment, due process under the 14th Amendment, and protection from self-incrimination as stipulated in the Fifth Amendment.
Our sexual misconduct defense lawyers in Ozark, MO are here to guide you through the intricate and often lengthy legal process, which typical encompasses:
- Evidence gathering
- Pre-trial motions
- Possible plea negotiations
- Trial, if necessary
Your Ozark, MO sexual misconduct attorney from Combs Law Group will accompany you through every step, ensuring the protection of your rights and striving for the most advantageous legal representation and result. Call us right away at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
How a Ozark, MO Sexual Misconduct Attorney From Combs Law Group Can Help
Even accusations of sexual misconduct can be life-altering in Ozark, MO. But, with the right legal representation, you can navigate the legal challenges and strive for a positive resolution. Seeking counsel from an adept criminal defense lawyer in Ozark, MO, particularly one with expertise in sexual misconduct cases, is the most prodent stop to protect your rights and build a robust defense. Our Ozark, MO lawyers will:
- Actively listen to your perspective
- Initiate a comprehensive inquiry into the details of your case
- Scrutinize the evidence and the methods used to gather it
- Determine if your rights were violated
- Examine witness reliability
- Search for any inconsistencies in the accuser’s account
- Negotiate with prosecutors to have your charges reduced or even dismissed
- Provide a resolute defense if necessary, challenging the jury to determine whether the prosecution has substantiated your charges beyond a reasonable doubt
Our experienced legal team makes sure that the citizens of Ozark, MO receive fair, effective legal presentation in any situation. In addition to sexual misconduct defense in Ozark, MO, our attorneys are experienced in many forms of law, including:
The Importance of Legal Representation in a Ozark, MO Sexual Misconduct Case
Regrettably, it’s a stark reality in our society that when confronted with accusations of sexual misconduct, a considerable number of individuals are inclined to pass swift and definitive judgment, often presuming complete culpability. The Ozark, MO legal professionals at Combs Law Group understand this challenge, and we are dedicated to mitigating the potential consequences that these accusations may cast upon you, your professional life, and your family. It is vital to emphasize that our entire legal system operates on the premise that individuals accused of a crime are considered innocent until proven guilty.
When facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Ozark or any other location within Missouri, it is imperative to seek guidance from a seasoned criminal defense lawyer. Give us a call right away at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Here’s why it’s so critical to at least speak to one of our attorneys who specialize in this area of the law:
- Legal Expertise: Cases involving sexual misconduct are inherently complex from a legal standpoint, irrespective of the jurisdiction within Ozark or Missouri. The potential ramifications of a conviction can range from a misdemeanor to a felony, contingent on the aforementioned circumstances. Our determined defense lawyers in Ozark, MO possess the profound legal knowledge and experience necessary to adeptly navigate the intricacies of the legal system.
- Protection of Your Rights: Your Combs Law Group Ozark, MO sexual misconduct attorney will work tirelessly to safeguard your constitutional rights throughout the legal process. This includes ensuring that any evidence brought forth against you adheres to admissibility standards and that your entitlement to refrain from self-incrimination is duly upheld.
- Building a Strong Defense: Our Ozark, MO criminal defense lawyer will diligently scrutinize the circumstances surrounding the allegations against you, gather evidence, and forge an unwavering, impenetrable defense strategy. There is always more than one side of the story, and, depending on the specifics of your Ozark, MO case, we may question the credibility of your accuser or challenge the evidence presented by the prosecutor.
- Negotiating Expertise: In certain scenarios, your Ozark, MO Combs Law attorney may be able to negotiate a plea bargain that reduces the charges or penalties you face, if not lead to a complete dismissal of the case. We always leave the ultimate decision up to you, but all of our legal advice is based on what we genuinely believe to be in your best interest.
- Trial Advocacy: In the event that your case proceeds to trial in Ozark, MO, our sexual misconduct attorney will present your case persuasively, deftly cross-examine witnesses, and steadfastly labor to secure a favorable outcome.
Reach Out to a Ozark, MO Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Today | Combs Law Group
No matter the nature or severity of the allegations against you in Ozark, MO, Combs Law Group was founded on helping good people in bad situations. We believe that you deserve an expert and dedicated professional defense team when you are facing criminal charges in Ozark or anywhere in Missouri.
Call a Combs Law Group sexual misconduct defense attorney in Ozark, MO right now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online for a free consultation.