Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Osage County, MO
Sexual misconduct lawyer in Osage County, MO. If you find yourself under arrest or confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Osage County or any other location within Missouri, the last thing you need is a defense attorney who approaches your case with judgmental attitudes or suspicious glances. At Combs Law Group, we fully comprehend that every situation has multiple facets, and we acknowledge the emotional and financial hardships that accompany facing a sexual misconduct charge in Osage County, MOIf you have been arrested or are facing charges for sexual misconduct in Osage County or anywhere else in Missouri, the last thing you want is judgment or sideways glances from your own lawyer. At Combs Law Group, we fully understand that there is always more than one side of the story and we realize the emotional and financial hardship of defending a sexual misconduct charge in Osage County, MO.
Time is of the essence. Our staff of knowledgeable lawyers specializing in sexual misconduct in Osage County, MO is wholeheartedly devoted to protecting your rights and mounting a vigorous defense on your behalf. With our substantial experience and abundant network, we are fully equipped to pursue the most favorable resolution for your case.
Give us a call as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online. Our Osage County, MO sex crimes attorney can meet with you virtually or in-person for a free, no-strings-attached case review to discuss the specifics of your case and offer expert legal guidance.
What is Considered Sexual Misconduct Under Missouri Law?
Sexual misconduct takes place when someone exposes themselves in a manner and circumstance that would cause shock, offense, or alarm, or when people have sexual intercourse in public. Allegations of sexual misconduct in Osage County and throughout Missouri can lead to three specific charges, which include:
First-Degree Sexual Misconduct
Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.093, an individual can be charged with first-degree sexual misconduct if they:
- Expose their genitals under circumstances in which they know their conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual contact in the presence of a third person or persons under circumstances where they know that such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse in a public place in the presence of a third person
For a first offense, sexual misconduct in the first degree is a class B misdemeanor, punishable by a potential jail term of up to 6 months and a fine not exceeding $1,000. In the case of a second conviction, it elevates to a class A misdemeanor, which may entail imprisonment for up to one year and a fine of up to $2,000.
Second-Degree Sexual Misconduct
Second-degree sexual misconduct is described under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.095. It involves the act of soliciting or requesting another person to participate in sexual conduct, knowing that such actions are likely to provoke affront or alarm. This offense is classified as a class C misdemeanor and carries a penalty of up to 15 days of incarceration and a fine not exceeding $500.
Sexual Misconduct Involving a Child
This is by far the most serious of sexual misconduct offenses. According to Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.083, a person is charged with sexual misconduct involving a child when they:
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age under circumstances in which they know that the conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the child
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child less than 15 years of age to expose the child’s genitals for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child who they know to be less than 15 years of age to expose the breasts of a female child through the Internet or other electronic means for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
It is a class E felony for a first-time offender, which carries with it up to 4 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000. For a repeat offender, it is a class D felony, the punishment for which is up to 7 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
There is no mandatory minimum sentencing for any of these charges in Osage County, MO. Additional sentencing options may also include probation, mandatory counseling, and restitution to the victim. Also, if you are convicted of a sex crime in Osage County, MO, you will likely be required to register as a sex offender. The length of time you have to remain on the registry will depend on your age and the nature of the crime. We will work hard to dismiss or reduce your charges to ones that don’t require sex offender registry. Additionally, our skilled Osage County, MO lawyers may be able to help petition for your removal under Missouri Revised Statutes § 589.041.
If you are facing any of the above charges in Osage County, MO, call Combs Law Group right now at (314) 900-HELP or fill out our online contact form to speak with one of our attorneys about your case.
Your Rights and the Osage County, MO Sexual Misconduct Legal Process
If you’re accused of sexual misconduct in Osage County or anywhere else in Missouri, it is crucial to understand your rights, which encompass the presumption of innocence, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel. Also, you have the right to a fair trial in accordance with the Sixth Amendment, due process under the 14th Amendment, and protection from self-incrimination as stipulated in the Fifth Amendment.
Our sexual misconduct defense lawyers in Osage County, MO are here to guide you through the legal process, which can be especially lengthy and complex. It typically involves:
- Evidence gathering
- Pre-trial motions
- Possible plea negotiations
- Trial, if necessary
Your Combs Law Group Osage County, MO sexual misconduct attorney will guide you through each stage, making sure that your rights are upheld and that you get the best possible legal representation and outcome. Give us a call now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
How a Osage County, MO Sexual Misconduct Attorney From Combs Law Group Can Help
Even allegations of sexual misconduct can be life-altering in Osage County, MO. However, with the right legal representation, you can navigate the legal complexities and strive for a positive resolution. Seeking counsel from an adept criminal defense lawyer in Osage County, MO, particularly one with expertise in sexual misconduct cases, is the most prodent stop to protect your rights and build a robust defense. Our Osage County, MO lawyers will:
- Listen to your side of the story
- Conduct a full investigation into your case
- Review the evidence and the methods used to gather it
- Determine if your rights were violated
- Evaluate the reliability of witnesses
- Search for any inconsistencies in the accuser’s account
- Engage in negotiations with prosecutors, seeking to secure change reduction or dismissal
- Provide a resolute defense if necessary, challenging the jury to determine whether the prosecution has substantiated your charges beyond a reasonable doubt
Our skilled legal team makes sure that the citizens of Osage County, MO receive fair, effective legal presentation in any situation. Along with sexual misconduct defense in Osage County, MO, our lawyers are experienced in numerous types of cases, including:
The Importance of Legal Representation in a Osage County, MO Sexual Misconduct Case
Regrettably, it’s a stark reality in our society that when confronted with accusations of sexual misconduct, a considerable number of individuals are inclined to pass swift and definitive judgment, often presuming complete culpability. The Osage County, MO legal professionals at Combs Law Group understand this challenge, and we are committed to mitigating the potential consequences that these allegations may cast upon you, your professional life, and your family. It is important to emphasize that our entire legal system operates on the premise that people accused of a crime are considered innocent until proven guilty.
When facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Osage County or elsewhere throughout Missouri, it’s critical to consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney. Call us right away at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Here’s why it’s so important to at least speak to one of our attorneys who specialize in this area of the law:
- Legal Expertise: Cases involving sexual misconduct are inherently intricate from a legal standpoint, irrespective of the jurisdiction within Osage County or Missouri. The potential ramifications of a conviction can range from a misdemeanor to a felony, contingent on the aforementioned circumstances. Our determined defense lawyers in Osage County, MO possess the profound legal knowledge and experience necessary to adeptly navigate the intricacies of the legal system.
- Protection of Your Rights: Your Combs Law Group sexual misconduct attorney in Osage County, MO will wholeheartedly champion the preservation of your constitutional rights throughout the legal process. This includes ensuring that any evidence brought forth against you is admissible and that your rights against self-incrimination are respected.
- Building a Formidable Defense: Our Osage County, MO criminal defense lawyer will diligently scrutinize the circumstances surrounding the allegations against you, gather evidence, and build a robust and impermeable defense strategy. It is imperative to bear in mind that in any Osage County, MO case, numerous facets exist to the narrative, and contingent upon the specifics of your situation, we may cast doubt on the credibility of the accuser or contest the evidence introduced by the prosecution.
- Negotiating Expertise: In some situations, your Osage County, MO Combs Law lawyer may be able to negotiate a plea bargain that reduces the charges or penalties you face, if not lead to a complete dismissal of the case. We always leave the ultimate decision up to you, but all of our legal advice is based on what we genuinely believe to be in your best interest.
- Litigation Proficiency: If your case goes to trial in Osage County or anywhere in Missouri, our sexual misconduct attorney will present your case persuasively, cross-examine witnesses, and work to secure a favorable verdict.
Reach Out to a Sexual Misconduct Lawyer in Osage County, MO Right Away | Combs Law Group
Irrespective of the character or gravity of the allegations against you in Osage County, MO, Combs Law Group was established with the mission of providing support to good individuals caught in bad situations. We firmly believe that you are entitled to a proficient and unwavering team of defense specialists as you confront criminal charges, be it in Osage County or elsewhere in Missouri.
Call a Combs Law Group sexual misconduct defense attorney in Osage County, MO today at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online for a free case review.