Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Osage Beach, MO
Sexual misconduct lawyer in Osage Beach, MO. If you find yourself under arrest or confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Osage Beach or any other location within Missouri, the last thing you need is a defense lawyer who approaches your case with judgmental attitudes or suspicious glances. At Combs Law Group, we fully comprehend that every situation has multiple facets, and we acknowledge the emotional and financial difficulties that accompany facing a sexual misconduct charge in Osage Beach, MOIf you have been arrested or are facing charges for sexual misconduct in Osage Beach or anywhere else in Missouri, the last thing you want is judgment or sideways glances from your own lawyer. At Combs Law Group, we know that there is always more than one side of the story and we recognize the emotional and financial hardship of dealing with a sexual misconduct charge in Osage Beach, MO.
Time is of the essence. Our team of knowledgeable lawyers specializing in sexual misconduct in Osage Beach, MO is wholeheartedly devoted to safeguarding your rights and mounting a vigorous defense on your behalf. With our substantial experience and abundant network, we are fully equipped to pursue the most favorable resolution for your case.
Give us a call immediately at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Our Osage Beach, MO sex crimes lawyer can meet with you virtually or in-person for a free, no-strings-attached case review to speak about the specifics of your case and offer expert legal advice.
What is Considered Sexual Misconduct Under Missouri Law?
Sexual misconduct occurs when someone exposes themselves in a manner and circumstance that would cause shock, offense, or alarm, or when people have sexual intercourse in public. Accusations of sexual misconduct in Osage Beach and throughout Missouri can lead to three distinct charges, which include:
First-Degree Sexual Misconduct
Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.093, an individual can be charged with first-degree sexual misconduct if they:
- Expose their genitals under circumstances in which they know their conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual contact in the presence of a third person or persons under circumstances where they know that such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse in a public place in the presence of a third person
For a first offense, sexual misconduct in the first degree is a class B misdemeanor, punishable by a potential jail term of up to 6 months and a fine not exceeding $1,000. In the case of a second conviction, it elevates to a class A misdemeanor, which could mean up to a year in jail and a fine of up to $2,000.
Sexual Misconduct in the Second Degree
Second-degree sexual misconduct is described under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.095. It involves the act of soliciting or requesting another individual to participate in sexual conduct, knowing that such actions are likely to provoke affront or alarm. This offense is classified as a class C misdemeanor and carries a penalty of up to 15 days of incarceration and a fine not exceeding $500.
Sexual Misconduct Involving a Child
This is by far the most serious of sexual misconduct offenses. According to Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.083, a person commits sexual misconduct involving a child if they:
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age under circumstances in which they know that the conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the child
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child less than 15 years of age to expose the child’s genitals for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child who they know to be less than 15 years of age to expose the breasts of a female child through the Internet or other electronic means for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
It is a class E felony for a first-time offender, which carries with it up to 4 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000. For a repeat offender, it is a class D felony, the punishment for which is up to 7 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
There is no mandatory minimum sentencing for any of these charges in Osage Beach, MO. Additional sentencing options may also include probation, mandatory counseling, and restitution to the victim. Also, if you are convicted of a sex crime in Osage Beach, MO, you will likely be required to register as a sex offender. The length of time you have to remain on the registry will depend on your age and the nature of the crime. We will work hard to dismiss or reduce your charges to ones that don’t require sex offender registry. Additionally, our skilled Osage Beach, MO lawyers may be able to help petition for your removal under Missouri Revised Statutes § 589.041.
If you are facing any of the above charges in Osage Beach, MO, call Combs Law Group right now at (314) 900-HELP or fill out our online contact form to speak with one of our attorneys about your case.
Your Rights and the Sexual Misconduct Legal Process in Osage Beach, MO
If you’re accused of sexual misconduct in Osage Beach or any other part of Missouri, it is imperative to be aware of your rights, including the presumption of innocence, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel. Furthermore, you are entitled to a fair trial in accordance with the Sixth Amendment, due process under the 14th Amendment, and protection from self-incrimination under the Fifth Amendment.
Our Osage Beach, MO sexual misconduct defense attorneys are here to guide you through the legal process, which can be particularly lengthy and complex. It typically involves:
- Evidence gathering
- Pre-trial motions
- Possible plea negotiations
- Trial, if necessary
Your Osage Beach, MO sexual misconduct lawyer from Combs Law Group will guide you through every step, ensuring the protection of your rights and striving for the most advantageous legal representation and result. Call us today at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
How a Osage Beach, MO Sexual Misconduct Attorney From Combs Law Group Can Help
Even allegations of sexual misconduct have the potential to drastically impact your life in Osage Beach, MO. However, with the assistance of proficient legal representation, you can effectively navigate the legal challenges and work toward a favorable outcome. Seeking counsel from an adept criminal defense lawyer in Osage Beach, MO, particularly one with expertise in sexual misconduct cases, is the most prodent stop to protect your rights and construct a robust defense. Our Osage Beach, MO lawyers will:
- Listen to your side of the story
- Conduct a full investigation into your case
- Review the evidence and the methods used to gather it
- Determine if your rights were violated
- Evaluate the reliability of witnesses
- Look for inconsistencies in the accuser’s story
- Engage in negotiations with prosecutors, seeking to secure change reduction or dismissal
- Defend you at trial if we have to, and challenge the jury on whether or not the prosecution has proven your charges beyond a reasonable doubt
Our skilled legal team ensures that the residents of Osage Beach, MO receive fair, effective legal presentation in any situation. Along with sexual misconduct defense in Osage Beach, MO, our attorneys are experienced in numerous types of cases, including:
The Importance of Legal Representation in a Sexual Misconduct Case in Osage Beach, MO
It is truly unfortunate in our society that if you’re facing allegations of sexual misconduct, many will instantly and automatically judge you to be entirely at fault. The Osage Beach, MO lawyers at Combs Law Group get it, and we fight to limit the impact these charges can have on you, your career, and your family. After all, our entire legal system operates under the principle that people are innocent until proven guilty.
When confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Osage Beach or any other location within Missouri, it’s critical to consult with an experienced criminal defense lawyer. Call us right away at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Here’s why it’s so important to at least speak to one of our lawyers who specialize in this area of the law:
- Legal Proficiency: Cases involving sexual misconduct are inherently complex from a legal standpoint, regardless of the jurisdiction within Osage Beach or Missouri. The potential ramifications of a conviction can range from a misdemeanor to a felony, contingent on the aforementioned circumstances. Our determined defense attorneys in Osage Beach, MO possess the profound legal knowledge and experience necessary to adeptly navigate the intricacies of the legal system.
- Safeguarding Your Rights: Your Combs Law Group Osage Beach, MO sexual misconduct attorney will wholeheartedly champion the preservation of your constitutional rights throughout the legal process. This encompasses the assurance that any evidence obtained against you is admissible and that your rights against self-incrimination are respected.
- Constructing a Formidable Defense: Our Osage Beach, MO criminal defense lawyer will investigate the circumstances surrounding the allegations against you, gather evidence, and build a robust and impermeable defense strategy. There is always more than one side of the story, and, depending on the specifics of your Osage Beach, MO case, we may question the credibility of your accuser or challenge the evidence presented by the prosecutor.
- Negotiation Skills: In certain scenarios, your Osage Beach, MO Combs Law lawyer possesses the adeptness to engage in negotiations aimed at securing a plea arrangement that mitigates the charges or penalties you are confronted with, and in some instances, even leading to complete dismissal of the case. We always leave the ultimate decision up to you, but all of our legal advice is based on what we genuinely believe to be in your best interest.
- Trial Advocacy: If your case goes to trial in Osage Beach, MO, our sexual misconduct lawyer will present your case persuasively, deftly cross-examine witnesses, and work to secure a favorable outcome.
Connect With a Sexual Misconduct Lawyer in Osage Beach, MO Now | Combs Law Group
Irrespective of the character or gravity of the allegations against you in Osage Beach, MO, Combs Law Group was established with the mission of providing support to good individuals caught in bad situations. We firmly believe that you are entitled to a proficient and unwavering defense team as you confront criminal charges, be it in Osage Beach or elsewhere in Missouri.
Give Combs Law Group’s Osage Beach, MO sexual misconduct defense lawyer a call right now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online for a free consultation.