Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Oak Grove, MO
Sexual misconduct lawyer in Oak Grove, MO. If you find yourself under arrest or confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Oak Grove or any other location within Missouri, the last thing you need is a defense attorney who approaches your case with judgmental attitudes or suspicious glances. At Combs Law Group, we recognize that every situation has multiple aspects, and we acknowledge the emotional and financial hardships that accompany facing a sexual misconduct charge in Oak Grove, MOIf you have been arrested or are facing charges for sexual misconduct in Oak Grove or anywhere else in Missouri, the last thing you want is judgment or sideways glances from your own attorney. At Combs Law Group, we fully understand that there is always more than one side of the story and we realize the emotional and financial hardship of dealing with a sexual misconduct charge in Oak Grove, MO.
You have no time to waste. Our staff of well-informed sexual misconduct attorneys in Oak Grove, MO is dedicated to protecting your rights and aggressively fighting for your future. We have the necessary experience and resources at our disposal to get you the best possible outcome in your case.
Give us a call immediately at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online. Our Oak Grove, MO sex crimes attorney can meet with you virtually or in-person for a free, no-strings-attached consultation to discuss the specifics of your case and offer expert legal guidance.
What is Considered Sexual Misconduct Under Missouri Law?
Sexual misconduct occurs when someone exposes themselves in a manner and circumstance that would cause shock, offense, or alarm, or when people have sexual intercourse in public. There are three specific charges that a person accused of sexual misconduct can face in Oak Grove and elsewhere in Missouri, including:
First-Degree Sexual Misconduct
Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.093, an individual can be charged with first-degree sexual misconduct if they:
- Expose their genitals under circumstances in which they know their conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual contact in the presence of a third person or persons under circumstances where they know that such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse in a public place in the presence of a third person
For a first offense, sexual misconduct in the first degree is a class B misdemeanor, which carries with it up to 6 months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000. In the case of a second conviction, it elevates to a class A misdemeanor, which could mean up to a year in jail and a fine of up to $2,000.
Sexual Misconduct in the Second Degree
Second-degree sexual misconduct is described under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.095. It involves the act of soliciting or requesting another person to participate in sexual conduct, knowing that such actions are likely to provoke affront or alarm. This offense is classified as a class C misdemeanor and carries a penalty of up to 15 days of jail time and a fine not exceeding $500.
Sexual Misconduct Involving a Child
This is by far the most serious of sexual misconduct violations. According to Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.083, an individual commits sexual misconduct involving a child when they:
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age under circumstances in which they know that the conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the child
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child less than 15 years of age to expose the child’s genitals for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child who they know to be less than 15 years of age to expose the breasts of a female child through the Internet or other electronic means for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
It is a class E felony for a first-time offender, which carries with it up to 4 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000. For a repeat offender, it is a class D felony, the punishment for which is up to 7 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
There are no mandatory minimum sentencing requirements for any of these charges in Oak Grove, MO. Along with imprisonment, alternative sentencing options may be considered, including probation, mandatory counseling, and restitution to the victim. Additionally, if you are convicted of a sex crime in Oak Grove, MO, you may be required to register as a sex offender. The duration of your registration requirement hinges on factors such as your age and the nature of the offense. Our proficient Oak Grove, MO lawyers are dedicated to pursuing charge dismissal or reduction to offenses that do not mandate sex offender registration. Moreover, we can explore the possibility of petitioning for your removal from the registry under Missouri Revised Statutes § 589.041.
Give Combs Law Group a call right away if you are facing any of the above allegations in Oak Grove, MO or contact us online to talk to one of our lawyers about your case.
Your Rights and the Oak Grove, MO Sexual Misconduct Legal Process
If you’re accused of sexual misconduct in Oak Grove or anywhere else in Missouri, it is imperative to be aware of your rights, which encompass the presumption of innocence, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel. Additionally, you are entitled to a fair trial in accordance with the Sixth Amendment, due process rights under the 14th Amendment, and protection against self-incrimination under the Fifth Amendment.
Our Oak Grove, MO sexual misconduct defense attorneys are here to guide you through the intricate and often lengthy legal process, which typical encompasses:
- Evidence gathering
- Pre-trial motions
- Possible plea negotiations
- Trial, if necessary
Your Combs Law Group Oak Grove, MO sexual misconduct attorney will guide you through each stage, making sure that your rights are upheld and that you get the best possible legal representation and outcome. Give us a call now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
How a Oak Grove, MO Sexual Misconduct Attorney From Combs Law Group Can Help
Even allegations of sexual misconduct have the potential to drastically impact your life in Oak Grove, MO. But, with the assistance of proficient legal representation, you can effectively navigate the legal challenges and work toward a favorable outcome. Seeking counsel from a skilled criminal defense lawyer in Oak Grove, MO, especially one with expertise in sexual misconduct cases, is the most prodent stop to protect your rights and build a robust defense. Our Oak Grove, MO lawyers will:
- Actively listen to your perspective
- Conduct a full investigation into your case
- Review the evidence and the methods used to gather it
- Determine if your rights were violated
- Evaluate the reliability of witnesses
- Search for any inconsistencies in the accuser’s account
- Engage in negotiations with prosecutors, seeking to secure change reduction or dismissal
- Provide a resolute defense if necessary, challenging the jury to determine whether the prosecution has substantiated your charges beyond a reasonable doubt
Our experienced legal team ensures that the residents of Oak Grove, MO receive fair, effective legal presentation in any situation. Along with sexual misconduct defense in Oak Grove, MO, our attorneys are experienced in many forms of law, including:
The Importance of Legal Representation in a Sexual Misconduct Case in Oak Grove, MO
It is truly unfortunate in our society that if you’re facing allegations of sexual misconduct, many will instantly and automatically judge you to be 100 percent at fault. The Oak Grove, MO attorneys at Combs Law Group get it, and we fight to limit the impact these allegations can have on you, your job, and your family. After all, our entire legal system operates under the premise that individuals are innocent until proven guilty.
When confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Oak Grove or any other location within Missouri, it is imperative to seek guidance from a seasoned criminal defense lawyer. Call us right away at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Here’s why it’s so important to at least speak to one of our lawyers who specialize in this area of the law:
- Legal Proficiency: Sexual misconduct cases are legally intricate, no matter the jurisdiction in Oak Grove or Missouri, and the consequences of a conviction can be severe – either a misdemeanor or felony depending on the aforementioned circumstances. Our tenacious defense attorneys in Oak Grove, MO possess the knowledge and experience to navigate the complexities of the legal system.
- Safeguarding Your Rights: Your Combs Law Group sexual misconduct attorney in Oak Grove, MO will wholeheartedly champion the preservation of your constitutional rights throughout the legal process. This includes ensuring that any evidence obtained against you adheres to admissibility standards and that your entitlement to refrain from self-incrimination is duly upheld.
- Building a Formidable Defense: Our Oak Grove, MO criminal defense lawyer will investigate the circumstances surrounding the allegations against you, gather evidence, and build a robust and impermeable defense strategy. There is always more than one side of the story, and, depending on the specifics of your Oak Grove, MO case, we may question the credibility of your accuser or challenge the evidence presented by the prosecutor.
- Negotiating Expertise: In certain scenarios, your Oak Grove, MO Combs Law attorney possesses the adeptness to engage in negotiations aimed at securing a plea arrangement that mitigates the charges or penalties you are confronted with, and in some instances, even leading to complete dismissal of the case. It is paramount to underscore that the ultimate decision always rests with you; nonetheless, all our legal counsel is grounded in our genuine belief of what serves your best interests.
- Trial Advocacy: In the event that your case proceeds to trial in Oak Grove or anywhere in Missouri, our sexual misconduct attorney will present your case persuasively, cross-examine witnesses, and steadfastly labor to secure a favorable verdict.
Contact a Oak Grove, MO Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Right Away | Combs Law Group
Irrespective of the character or gravity of the accusations lodged against you in Oak Grove, MO, Combs Law Group was established with the mission of providing support to good individuals entangled in bad circumstances. We firmly believe that you are entitled to a proficient and unwavering team of defense specialists as you confront criminal charges, be it in Oak Grove or elsewhere in Missouri.
Call a Combs Law Group sexual misconduct defense attorney in Oak Grove, MO today at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online for a free consultation.