Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Montgomery County, MO
Sexual misconduct lawyer in Montgomery County, MO. If you find yourself under arrest or confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Montgomery County or any other location within Missouri, the last thing you need is a defense lawyer who approaches your case with judgmental attitudes or suspicious glances. At Combs Law Group, we recognize that every scenario has multiple aspects, and we acknowledge the emotional and financial difficulties that accompany facing a sexual misconduct charge in Montgomery County, MOIf you have been arrested or are facing charges for sexual misconduct in Montgomery County or anywhere else in Missouri, the last thing you want is judgment or sideways glances from your own attorney. At Combs Law Group, we fully understand that there is always more than one side of the story and we realize the emotional and financial hardship of dealing with a sexual misconduct charge in Montgomery County, MO.
Time is of the essence. Our staff of well-informed lawyers specializing in sexual misconduct in Montgomery County, MO is wholeheartedly committed to safeguarding your rights and mounting a vigorous defense on your behalf. With our substantial experience and abundant network, we are fully equipped to pursue the most favorable resolution for your case.
Call us as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online. Our Montgomery County, MO sex crimes attorney can meet with you virtually or in-person for a free, no-strings-attached case review to discuss the specifics of your case and offer expert legal advice.
What is Considered Sexual Misconduct Under Missouri Law?
Sexual misconduct takes place when an individual engages in conduct that involves exposing themselves in a manner and in circumstances likely to provoke shock, offense, or alarm, or when individuals engage in sexual intercourse in public. There are three distinct charges that a person accused of sexual misconduct can face in Montgomery County and elsewhere in Missouri, including:
Sexual Misconduct in the First Degree
Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.093, an individual can be charged with first-degree sexual misconduct if they:
- Expose their genitals under circumstances in which they know their conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual contact in the presence of a third person or persons under circumstances where they know that such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse in a public place in the presence of a third person
For a first offense, sexual misconduct in the first degree is a class B misdemeanor, punishable by a potential jail term of up to 6 months and a fine not exceeding $1,000. For a second conviction, it is a class A misdemeanor, which may entail imprisonment for up to one year and a fine of up to $2,000.
Second-Degree Sexual Misconduct
Second-degree sexual misconduct is described under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.095. It involves the act of soliciting or requesting another individual to participate in sexual conduct, knowing that such actions are likely to provoke affront or alarm. This offense is classified as a class C misdemeanor and carries a penalty of up to 15 days of jail time and a fine not exceeding $500.
Sexual Misconduct Involving a Child
This is by far the most serious of sexual misconduct violations. Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.083, a person is charged with sexual misconduct involving a child if they:
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age under circumstances in which they know that the conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the child
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child less than 15 years of age to expose the child’s genitals for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child who they know to be less than 15 years of age to expose the breasts of a female child through the Internet or other electronic means for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
It is a class E felony for a first-time offender, which carries with it up to 4 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000. For a repeat offender, it is a class D felony, the punishment for which is up to 7 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
There are no mandatory minimum sentencing requirements for any of these charges in Montgomery County, MO. In addition to jail time, alternative sentencing options may be considered, including probation, mandatory counseling, and restitution to the victim. Additionally, if you are convicted of a sex crime in Montgomery County, MO, you may be obligated to register as a sex offender. The duration of your registration requirement hinges on factors such as your age and the nature of the offense. Our proficient Montgomery County, MO lawyers are dedicated to pursuing charge dismissal or reduction to offenses that do not mandate sex offender registration. Moreover, we can explore the possibility of petitioning for your removal from the registry under Missouri Revised Statutes § 589.041.
If you are facing any of the above charges in Montgomery County, MO, call Combs Law Group right now at (314) 900-HELP or fill out our online contact form to speak with one of our attorneys about your case.
Your Rights and the Montgomery County, MO Sexual Misconduct Legal Process
If you find yourself facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Montgomery County or any other part of Missouri, it is imperative to be aware of your rights, which encompass the presumption of innocence, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel. Furthermore, you are entitled to a fair trial in accordance with the Sixth Amendment, due process under the 14th Amendment, and protection against self-incrimination under the Fifth Amendment.
Our sexual misconduct defense lawyers in Montgomery County, MO are here to guide you through the legal process, which can be especially lengthy and complex. It typically involves:
- Evidence gathering
- Pre-trial motions
- Possible plea negotiations
- Trial, if necessary
Your Combs Law Group Montgomery County, MO sexual misconduct attorney will guide you through each stage, making sure that your rights are upheld and that you get the best possible legal representation and outcome. Give us a call today at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
How a Montgomery County, MO Sexual Misconduct Attorney From Combs Law Group Can Help
Even accusations of sexual misconduct can be life-altering in Montgomery County, MO. However, with the assistance of proficient legal representation, you can effectively navigate the legal challenges and strive for a positive resolution. Consulting with a skilled Montgomery County, MO criminal defense lawyer from Combs Law Group, especially one who specializes in sexual misconduct cases, is your best course of action to safeguard your rights and build a strong defense. Our Montgomery County, MO lawyers will:
- Listen to your side of the story
- Conduct a full investigation into your case
- Scrutinize the evidence and the methods used to gather it
- Assess the potential violations of your rights
- Examine witness reliability
- Search for any inconsistencies in the accuser’s account
- Engage in negotiations with prosecutors, seeking to secure change reduction or dismissal
- Defend you at trial if we have to, and challenge the jury on whether or not the prosecution has proven your charges beyond a reasonable doubt
Our skilled legal team makes sure that the citizens of Montgomery County, MO receive fair, effective legal presentation in any situation. In addition to sexual misconduct defense in Montgomery County, MO, our lawyers are experienced in numerous types of cases, including:
The Importance of Legal Representation in a Montgomery County, MO Sexual Misconduct Case
It is truly unfortunate in our society that if you’re facing allegations of sexual misconduct, many will instantly and automatically judge you to be 100 percent at fault. The Montgomery County, MO attorneys at Combs Law Group get this unfortunate difficulty, and we fight to limit the impact these allegations can have on you, your job, and your family. After all, our entire legal system operates under the premise that individuals are innocent until proven guilty.
When facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Montgomery County or any other location within Missouri, it’s critical to consult with an experienced criminal defense lawyer. Give us a call right away at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online. Here’s why it is of utmost importance to, at the very least, have a conversation with one of our specialized lawyers in this field:
- Legal Expertise: Sexual misconduct cases are legally intricate, regardless of the jurisdiction in Montgomery County or Missouri, and the consequences of a conviction can be severe – either a misdemeanor or felony depending on the aforementioned circumstances. Our tenacious defense attorneys in Montgomery County, MO possess the knowledge and experience to navigate the intricacies of the legal system.
- Protection of Your Rights: Your Combs Law Group sexual misconduct attorney in Montgomery County, MO will wholeheartedly champion the preservation of your constitutional rights at every stage of the legal proceedings. This encompasses the assurance that any evidence brought forth against you is admissible and that your rights against self-incrimination are respected.
- Constructing a Formidable Defense: Our Montgomery County, MO criminal defense lawyer will diligently scrutinize the circumstances surrounding the allegations against you, amass pertinent evidence, and build a robust and impermeable defense strategy. It is imperative to bear in mind that in any Montgomery County, MO case, multiple facets exist to the narrative, and contingent upon the particulars of your scenario, we may cast doubt on the credibility of the accuser or contest the evidence introduced by the prosecution.
- Negotiation Skills: In certain scenarios, your Montgomery County, MO Combs Law lawyer possesses the adeptness to engage in negotiations aimed at securing a plea arrangement that mitigates the charges or penalties you are confronted with, and in some instances, even leading to complete dismissal of the case. It is paramount to underscore that the ultimate decision always rests with you; nonetheless, all our legal counsel is grounded in our genuine belief of what serves your best interests.
- Litigation Proficiency: If your case goes to trial in Montgomery County, MO, our sexual misconduct lawyer will present your case persuasively, cross-examine witnesses, and work to secure a favorable verdict.
Reach Out to a Montgomery County, MO Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Today | Combs Law Group
Irrespective of the character or gravity of the allegations against you in Montgomery County, MO, Combs Law Group was established with the mission of providing support to good individuals entangled in bad circumstances. We firmly believe that you are entitled to a proficient and unwavering team of defense specialists as you confront criminal charges, be it in Montgomery County or elsewhere in Missouri.
Call a Combs Law Group sexual misconduct defense attorney in Montgomery County, MO today at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online for a free consultation.