Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Missouri River, MO
Sexual misconduct lawyer in Missouri River, MO. If you find yourself under arrest or confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Missouri River or any other location within Missouri, the last thing you need is a defense attorney who approaches your case with judgmental attitudes or suspicious glances. At Combs Law Group, we fully comprehend that every situation has multiple aspects, and we acknowledge the emotional and financial hardships that accompany facing a sexual misconduct charge in Missouri River, MOIf you have been arrested or are facing charges for sexual misconduct in Missouri River or anywhere else in Missouri, the last thing you want is judgment or sideways glances from your own lawyer. At Combs Law Group, we fully understand that there is always more than one side of the story and we realize the emotional and financial hardship of dealing with a sexual misconduct charge in Missouri River, MO.
Time is of the essence. Our staff of well-informed attorneys specializing in sexual misconduct in Missouri River, MO is wholeheartedly devoted to safeguarding your rights and mounting a vigorous defense on your behalf. With our substantial experience and abundant network, we are fully equipped to pursue the most favorable resolution for your case.
Give us a call as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Our Missouri River, MO sex crimes lawyer can meet with you virtually or in-person for a free, no-obligation case review to discuss the specifics of your case and offer expert legal guidance.
What is Considered Sexual Misconduct Under Missouri Law?
Sexual misconduct occurs when someone exposes themselves in a manner and circumstance that would cause shock, offense, or alarm, or when people have sexual intercourse in public. Allegations of sexual misconduct in Missouri River and throughout Missouri can lead to three distinct charges, which include:
First-Degree Sexual Misconduct
According to the provisions outlined in Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.093, a person may face charges of first-degree sexual misconduct if they:
- Expose their genitals under circumstances in which they know their conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual contact in the presence of a third person or persons under circumstances where they know that such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse in a public place in the presence of a third person
For a first offense, sexual misconduct in the first degree is a class B misdemeanor, punishable by a potential jail term of up to 6 months and a fine not exceeding $1,000. For a second conviction, it is a class A misdemeanor, which may entail imprisonment for up to one year and a fine of up to $2,000.
Second-Degree Sexual Misconduct
Second-degree sexual misconduct is described under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.095. It involves the act of soliciting or requesting another individual to participate in sexual conduct, knowing that such actions are likely to provoke affront or alarm. This offense is classified as a class C misdemeanor and carries a penalty of up to 15 days of jail time and a fine not exceeding $500.
Sexual Misconduct Involving a Child
This stands as the most serious of sexual misconduct violations. Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.083, a person is charged with sexual misconduct involving a child if they:
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age under circumstances in which they know that the conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the child
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child less than 15 years of age to expose the child’s genitals for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child who they know to be less than 15 years of age to expose the breasts of a female child through the Internet or other electronic means for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
For a first offense, this constitutes a class E felony, which can result in a maximum prison sentence of up to 4 years and a fine of up to $10,000. In the case of a repeat offender, it escalates to a class D felony, carrying a potential punishment of up to 7 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
There is no mandatory minimum sentencing for any of these charges in Missouri River, MO. Additional sentencing options may also include probation, mandatory counseling, and restitution to the victim. Also, if you are convicted of a sex crime in Missouri River, MO, you will likely be required to register as a sex offender. The length of time you have to remain on the registry will depend on your age and the nature of the crime. We will work hard to dismiss or reduce your charges to ones that don’t require sex offender registry. Additionally, our skilled Missouri River, MO lawyers may be able to help petition for your removal under Missouri Revised Statutes § 589.041.
Give Combs Law Group a call right now if you are facing any of the above allegations in Missouri River, MO or fill out our online contact form to talk to one of our lawyers about your case.
Your Rights and the Sexual Misconduct Legal Process in Missouri River, MO
If you’re accused of sexual misconduct in Missouri River or anywhere else in Missouri, it is crucial to understand your rights, which encompass the presumption of innocence, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel. Additionally, you have the right to a fair trial under the Sixth Amendment, due process under the 14th Amendment, and protection against self-incrimination as stipulated in the Fifth Amendment.
Our Missouri River, MO sexual misconduct defense attorneys can help walk you through the intricate and often lengthy legal process, which typical encompasses:
- Evidence gathering
- Pre-trial motions
- Possible plea negotiations
- Trial, if necessary
Your Missouri River, MO sexual misconduct lawyer from Combs Law Group will accompany you through every step, ensuring the protection of your rights and striving for the most advantageous legal representation and result. Call us today at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
How a Missouri River, MO Sexual Misconduct Attorney From Combs Law Group Can Help
Even allegations of sexual misconduct can be life-altering in Missouri River, MO. But, with the assistance of proficient legal representation, you can navigate the legal complexities and strive for a positive resolution. Consulting with a skilled Missouri River, MO criminal defense lawyer from Combs Law Group, particularly one who specializes in sexual misconduct cases, is your best course of action to safeguard your rights and build a strong defense. Our Missouri River, MO attorneys will:
- Listen to your side of the story
- Conduct a full investigation into your case
- Scrutinize the evidence and the methods used to gather it
- Determine if your rights were violated
- Evaluate the reliability of witnesses
- Look for inconsistencies in the accuser’s story
- Engage in negotiations with prosecutors, seeking to secure change reduction or dismissal
- Provide a resolute defense if necessary, challenging the jury to determine whether the prosecution has substantiated your charges beyond a reasonable doubt
Our experienced legal team makes sure that the citizens of Missouri River, MO receive fair, effective legal presentation in any situation. In addition to sexual misconduct defense in Missouri River, MO, our attorneys are experienced in many forms of law, including:
The Importance of Legal Representation in a Sexual Misconduct Case in Missouri River, MO
Regrettably, it’s a stark reality in our society that when confronted with accusations of sexual misconduct, a considerable number of individuals are inclined to pass swift and definitive judgment, frequently presuming complete culpability. The Missouri River, MO legal professionals at Combs Law Group understand this challenge, and we are committed to mitigating the potential consequences that these accusations may cast upon you, your professional life, and your family. It is vital to emphasize that our entire legal system operates on the premise that people accused of a crime are considered innocent until proven guilty.
When confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Missouri River or any other location within Missouri, it’s critical to consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney. Call us now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Here’s why it is of utmost importance to, at the very least, have a conversation with one of our specialized attorneys in this field:
- Legal Expertise: Cases involving sexual misconduct are inherently complex from a legal standpoint, regardless of the jurisdiction within Missouri River or Missouri. The potential ramifications of a conviction can range from a misdemeanor to a felony, contingent on the aforementioned circumstances. Our determined defense attorneys in Missouri River, MO possess the profound legal knowledge and experience necessary to adeptly navigate the intricacies of the legal system.
- Safeguarding Your Rights: Your Combs Law Group sexual misconduct attorney in Missouri River, MO will wholeheartedly champion the preservation of your constitutional rights throughout the legal process. This encompasses the assurance that any evidence obtained against you is admissible and that your rights against self-incrimination are respected.
- Building a Formidable Defense: Our Missouri River, MO criminal defense lawyer will diligently scrutinize the circumstances surrounding the allegations against you, gather evidence, and forge an unwavering, impenetrable defense strategy. It is imperative to keep in mind that in any Missouri River, MO case, numerous aspects exist to the narrative, and contingent upon the specifics of your situation, we may cast doubt on the credibility of the accuser or contest the evidence introduced by the prosecution.
- Negotiating Expertise: In certain scenarios, your Missouri River, MO Combs Law attorney may be able to negotiate a plea bargain that reduces the charges or penalties you face, if not lead to a complete dismissal of the case. We always leave the ultimate decision up to you, but all of our legal advice is based on what we genuinely believe to be in your best interest.
- Trial Advocacy: If your case goes to trial in Missouri River, MO, our sexual misconduct lawyer will present your case persuasively, cross-examine witnesses, and work to secure a favorable outcome.
Reach Out to a Sexual Misconduct Lawyer in Missouri River, MO Today | Combs Law Group
Irrespective of the character or gravity of the allegations against you in Missouri River, MO, Combs Law Group was established with the mission of providing support to good individuals entangled in bad circumstances. We firmly believe that you are entitled to a proficient and unwavering team of defense specialists as you confront criminal charges, be it in Missouri River or elsewhere in Missouri.
Give Combs Law Group’s Missouri River, MO sexual misconduct defense lawyer a call right now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online for a free case review.