Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Miller County, MO
Sexual misconduct lawyer in Miller County, MO. If you find yourself under arrest or confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Miller County or any other location within Missouri, the last thing you need is a defense lawyer who approaches your case with judgmental attitudes or suspicious glances. At Combs Law Group, we recognize that every scenario has multiple facets, and we acknowledge the emotional and financial hardships that accompany facing a sexual misconduct charge in Miller County, MOIf you have been arrested or are facing charges for sexual misconduct in Miller County or anywhere else in Missouri, the last thing you want is judgment or sideways glances from your own lawyer. At Combs Law Group, we know that there is always more than one side of the story and we recognize the emotional and financial hardship of defending a sexual misconduct charge in Miller County, MO.
You have no time to waste. Our team of knowledgeable sexual misconduct attorneys in Miller County, MO is devoted to safeguarding your rights and aggressively fighting for your future. We have the necessary experience and resources at our disposal to get you the best possible outcome in your case.
Call us as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online. Our Miller County, MO sex crimes lawyer can meet with you virtually or in-person for a free, no-strings-attached consultation to discuss the specifics of your case and offer expert legal advice.
What is Considered Sexual Misconduct Under Missouri Law?
Sexual misconduct occurs when an individual engages in conduct that involves exposing themselves in a manner and in circumstances likely to provoke shock, offense, or alarm, or when individuals engage in sexual intercourse in public. There are three specific charges that a person accused of sexual misconduct can face in Miller County and elsewhere in Missouri, including:
First-Degree Sexual Misconduct
Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.093, an individual can be charged with first-degree sexual misconduct if they:
- Expose their genitals under circumstances in which they know their conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual contact in the presence of a third person or persons under circumstances where they know that such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse in a public place in the presence of a third person
For a first offense, first-degree sexual misconduct is a class B misdemeanor, which carries with it up to 6 months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000. For a second conviction, it is a class A misdemeanor, which may entail imprisonment for up to one year and a fine of up to $2,000.
Sexual Misconduct in the Second Degree
Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.095, sexual misconduct in the second degree is defined as soliciting or requesting another individual to engage in sexual conduct knowing that it is likely to cause affront or alarm. This is a class C misdemeanor, with a punishment of up to 15 days in jail and a fine of no more than $500.
Sexual Misconduct Involving a Child
This is by far the most serious of sexual misconduct violations. According to Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.083, a person commits sexual misconduct involving a child when they:
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age under circumstances in which they know that the conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the child
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child less than 15 years of age to expose the child’s genitals for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child who they know to be less than 15 years of age to expose the breasts of a female child through the Internet or other electronic means for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
For a first offense, this constitutes a class E felony, which can result in a maximum prison sentence of up to 4 years and a fine of up to $10,000. In the case of a repeat offender, it escalates to a class D felony, carrying a potential punishment of up to 7 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
There is no mandatory minimum sentencing for any of these charges in Miller County, MO. Additional sentencing options may also include probation, mandatory counseling, and restitution to the victim. Also, if you are convicted of a sex crime in Miller County, MO, you will likely be required to register as a sex offender. The length of time you have to remain on the registry will depend on your age and the nature of the crime. We will work hard to dismiss or reduce your charges to ones that don’t require sex offender registry. Additionally, our skilled Miller County, MO lawyers may be able to help petition for your removal under Missouri Revised Statutes § 589.041.
Give Combs Law Group a call right away if you are facing any of the above allegations in Miller County, MO or fill out our online contact form to talk to one of our lawyers about your case.
Your Rights and the Sexual Misconduct Legal Process in Miller County, MO
If you find yourself facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Miller County or any other part of Missouri, it is imperative to be aware of your rights, which encompass the presumption of innocence, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel. Also, you are entitled to a fair trial under the Sixth Amendment, due process under the 14th Amendment, and protection against self-incrimination under the Fifth Amendment.
Our sexual misconduct defense attorneys in Miller County, MO are here to guide you through the legal process, which can be particularly lengthy and complex. It typically involves:
- Evidence gathering
- Pre-trial motions
- Possible plea negotiations
- Trial, if necessary
Your Combs Law Group Miller County, MO sexual misconduct attorney will guide you through each stage, making sure that your rights are upheld and that you get the best possible legal representation and outcome. Give us a call now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
How a Miller County, MO Sexual Misconduct Attorney From Combs Law Group Can Help
Even allegations of sexual misconduct have the potential to drastically impact your life in Miller County, MO. But, with the assistance of proficient legal representation, you can effectively navigate the legal challenges and strive for a positive resolution. Consulting with a skilled Miller County, MO criminal defense lawyer from Combs Law Group, especially one who specializes in sexual misconduct cases, is your best course of action to safeguard your rights and construct a strong defense. Our Miller County, MO lawyers will:
- Actively listen to your perspective
- Conduct a full investigation into your case
- Review the evidence and the methods used to gather it
- Assess the potential violations of your rights
- Evaluate the reliability of witnesses
- Look for inconsistencies in the accuser’s story
- Engage in negotiations with prosecutors, seeking to secure change reduction or dismissal
- Defend you at trial if we have to, and challenge the jury on whether or not the prosecution has proven your charges beyond a reasonable doubt
Our experienced legal team ensures that the residents of Miller County, MO receive fair, effective legal presentation in any situation. In addition to sexual misconduct defense in Miller County, MO, our lawyers are experienced in numerous types of cases, including:
The Importance of Legal Representation in a Miller County, MO Sexual Misconduct Case
It is truly unfortunate in our society that if you are facing allegations of sexual misconduct, many will instantly and automatically judge you to be 100 percent at fault. The Miller County, MO lawyers at Combs Law Group get it, and we fight to limit the impact these allegations can have on you, your job, and your family. After all, our entire legal system operates under the premise that individuals are innocent until proven guilty.
When facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Miller County or elsewhere throughout Missouri, it is imperative to seek guidance from a seasoned criminal defense lawyer. Call us today at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Here’s why it is of utmost importance to, at the very least, have a conversation with one of our specialized attorneys in this field:
- Legal Proficiency: Cases involving sexual misconduct are inherently intricate from a legal standpoint, regardless of the jurisdiction within Miller County or Missouri. The potential ramifications of a conviction can range from a misdemeanor to a felony, contingent on the aforementioned circumstances. Our determined defense attorneys in Miller County, MO possess the profound legal knowledge and experience necessary to adeptly navigate the intricacies of the legal system.
- Safeguarding Your Rights: Your Combs Law Group Miller County, MO sexual misconduct attorney will work tirelessly to safeguard your constitutional rights at every stage of the legal proceedings. This includes ensuring that any evidence brought forth against you is admissible and that your rights against self-incrimination are respected.
- Constructing a Formidable Defense: Our Miller County, MO criminal defense lawyer will investigate the circumstances surrounding the allegations against you, amass pertinent evidence, and build a robust and impermeable defense strategy. It is imperative to keep in mind that in any Miller County, MO case, multiple facets exist to the narrative, and contingent upon the particulars of your scenario, we may cast doubt on the credibility of the accuser or contest the evidence introduced by the prosecution.
- Negotiating Expertise: In some situations, your Miller County, MO Combs Law attorney may be able to negotiate a plea bargain that reduces the charges or penalties you face, if not lead to a complete dismissal of the case. It is paramount to underscore that the ultimate decision always rests with you; nonetheless, all our legal counsel is grounded in our genuine belief of what serves your best interests.
- Litigation Proficiency: If your case goes to trial in Miller County, MO, our sexual misconduct attorney will articulately present your case, cross-examine witnesses, and steadfastly labor to secure a favorable outcome.
Reach Out to a Miller County, MO Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Now | Combs Law Group
Irrespective of the character or gravity of the accusations lodged against you in Miller County, MO, Combs Law Group was established with the mission of providing support to good individuals entangled in bad situations. We firmly believe that you are entitled to a proficient and unwavering defense team as you confront criminal charges, be it in Miller County or elsewhere in Missouri.
Call a Combs Law Group sexual misconduct defense attorney in Miller County, MO now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online for a free consultation.