Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Maries County, MO
Sexual misconduct lawyer in Maries County, MO. If you find yourself under arrest or confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Maries County or any other location within Missouri, the last thing you need is a defense lawyer who approaches your case with judgmental attitudes or suspicious glances. At Combs Law Group, we recognize that every situation has multiple facets, and we acknowledge the emotional and financial hardships that accompany facing a sexual misconduct charge in Maries County, MOIf you have been arrested or are facing charges for sexual misconduct in Maries County or anywhere else in Missouri, the last thing you want is judgment or sideways glances from your own lawyer. At Combs Law Group, we know that there is always more than one side of the story and we realize the emotional and financial burden of defending a sexual misconduct charge in Maries County, MO.
Time is of the essence. Our team of knowledgeable lawyers specializing in sexual misconduct in Maries County, MO is wholeheartedly devoted to protecting your rights and mounting a vigorous defense on your behalf. With our substantial experience and abundant resources, we are fully equipped to pursue the most favorable resolution for your case.
Call us immediately at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online. Our Maries County, MO sex crimes attorney can meet with you virtually or in-person for a free, no-strings-attached case review to speak about the specifics of your case and offer expert legal guidance.
What is Considered Sexual Misconduct Under Missouri Law?
Sexual misconduct takes place when someone exposes themselves in a manner and circumstance that would cause shock, offense, or alarm, or when people have sexual intercourse in public. Accusations of sexual misconduct in Maries County and throughout Missouri can lead to three specific charges, which include:
Sexual Misconduct in the First Degree
Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.093, an individual can be charged with first-degree sexual misconduct if they:
- Expose their genitals under circumstances in which they know their conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual contact in the presence of a third person or persons under circumstances where they know that such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse in a public place in the presence of a third person
For a first offense, first-degree sexual misconduct is a class B misdemeanor, punishable by a potential jail term of up to 6 months and a fine not exceeding $1,000. For a second conviction, it is a class A misdemeanor, which may entail imprisonment for up to one year and a fine of up to $2,000.
Second-Degree Sexual Misconduct
Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.095, sexual misconduct in the second degree is defined as soliciting or requesting another person to engage in sexual conduct knowing that it is likely to cause affront or alarm. This is a class C misdemeanor, with a punishment of up to 15 days in jail and a fine of no more than $500.
Sexual Misconduct Involving a Child
This is by far the most serious of sexual misconduct offenses. Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.083, an individual is charged with sexual misconduct involving a child if they:
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age under circumstances in which they know that the conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the child
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child less than 15 years of age to expose the child’s genitals for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child who they know to be less than 15 years of age to expose the breasts of a female child through the Internet or other electronic means for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
For a first offense, it is a class E felony, which can result in a maximum prison sentence of up to 4 years and a fine of up to $10,000. In the case of a repeat offender, it escalates to a class D felony, carrying a potential punishment of up to 7 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
There are no mandatory minimum sentencing requirements for any of these charges in Maries County, MO. Along with jail time, alternative sentencing options may be considered, including probation, mandatory counseling, and restitution to the victim. Additionally, if you are convicted of a sex crime in Maries County, MO, you may be required to register as a sex offender. The duration of your registration requirement hinges on factors such as your age and the nature of the offense. Our proficient Maries County, MO lawyers are committed to pursuing charge dismissal or reduction to offenses that do not mandate sex offender registration. Moreover, we can explore the possibility of petitioning for your removal from the registry under Missouri Revised Statutes § 589.041.
Give Combs Law Group a call right now if you are facing any of the above allegations in Maries County, MO or fill out our online contact form to talk to one of our lawyers about your case.
Your Rights and the Maries County, MO Sexual Misconduct Legal Process
If you find yourself facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Maries County or any other part of Missouri, it is imperative to be aware of your rights, including the presumption of innocence, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel. Also, you are entitled to a fair trial in accordance with the Sixth Amendment, due process under the 14th Amendment, and protection from self-incrimination under the Fifth Amendment.
Our Maries County, MO sexual misconduct defense lawyers can help walk you through the intricate and often lengthy legal process, which typical encompasses:
- Evidence gathering
- Pre-trial motions
- Possible plea negotiations
- Trial, if necessary
Your Maries County, MO sexual misconduct attorney from Combs Law Group will guide you through every step, ensuring the protection of your rights and striving for the most advantageous legal representation and result. Call us today at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
How a Maries County, MO Sexual Misconduct Attorney From Combs Law Group Can Help
Even allegations of sexual misconduct can be life-altering in Maries County, MO. However, with the assistance of proficient legal representation, you can navigate the legal challenges and strive for a positive resolution. Seeking counsel from a skilled criminal defense lawyer in Maries County, MO, particularly one with expertise in sexual misconduct cases, is the most prodent stop to safeguard your rights and construct a robust defense. Our Maries County, MO lawyers will:
- Actively listen to your perspective
- Initiate a comprehensive inquiry into the details of your case
- Scrutinize the evidence and the methods used to gather it
- Assess the potential violations of your rights
- Evaluate the reliability of witnesses
- Look for inconsistencies in the accuser’s story
- Negotiate with prosecutors to have your charges reduced or even dismissed
- Defend you at trial if we have to, and challenge the jury on whether or not the prosecution has proven your charges beyond a reasonable doubt
Our experienced legal team makes sure that the residents of Maries County, MO receive fair, effective legal presentation in any situation. Along with sexual misconduct defense in Maries County, MO, our lawyers are experienced in numerous types of cases, including:
The Importance of Legal Representation in a Maries County, MO Sexual Misconduct Case
It is truly unfortunate in our society that if you’re facing allegations of sexual misconduct, many will instantly and automatically judge you to be entirely at fault. The Maries County, MO lawyers at Combs Law Group get it, and we fight to limit the impact these allegations can have on you, your job, and your family. After all, our entire legal system operates under the principle that people are innocent until proven guilty.
When facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Maries County or elsewhere throughout Missouri, it is imperative to seek guidance from a seasoned criminal defense attorney. Give us a call right away at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Here’s why it’s so important to at least speak to one of our lawyers who specialize in this area of the law:
- Legal Expertise: Sexual misconduct cases are legally intricate, regardless of the jurisdiction in Maries County or Missouri, and the consequences of a conviction can be severe – either a misdemeanor or felony depending on the aforementioned circumstances. Our tenacious defense attorneys in Maries County, MO possess the knowledge and experience to navigate the complexities of the legal system.
- Protection of Your Rights: Your Combs Law Group sexual misconduct attorney in Maries County, MO will work tirelessly to safeguard your constitutional rights throughout the legal process. This includes ensuring that any evidence brought forth against you is admissible and that your rights against self-incrimination are respected.
- Building a Strong Defense: Our Maries County, MO criminal defense lawyer will diligently scrutinize the circumstances surrounding the allegations against you, gather evidence, and build a robust and impermeable defense strategy. It is imperative to bear in mind that in any Maries County, MO case, numerous aspects exist to the narrative, and contingent upon the specifics of your situation, we may cast doubt on the credibility of the accuser or contest the evidence introduced by the prosecution.
- Negotiating Expertise: In certain scenarios, your Maries County, MO Combs Law lawyer may be able to negotiate a plea bargain that reduces the charges or penalties you face, if not lead to a complete dismissal of the case. It is paramount to underscore that the ultimate decision always rests with you; nonetheless, all our legal counsel is grounded in our genuine belief of what serves your best interests.
- Trial Advocacy: If your case goes to trial in Maries County or anywhere in Missouri, our sexual misconduct attorney will articulately present your case, deftly cross-examine witnesses, and work to secure a favorable outcome.
Connect With a Maries County, MO Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Now | Combs Law Group
Regardless of the nature or severity of the allegations against you in Maries County, MO, Combs Law Group was founded on helping good people in bad situations. We believe that you deserve an expert and committed professional defense team when you are facing criminal charges in Maries County or anywhere in Missouri.
Give Combs Law Group’s Maries County, MO sexual misconduct defense lawyer a call now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online for a free consultation.