Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Linn, MO
Sexual misconduct lawyer in Linn, MO. If you find yourself under arrest or confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Linn or any other location within Missouri, the last thing you need is a defense attorney who approaches your case with judgmental attitudes or suspicious glances. At Combs Law Group, we fully comprehend that every situation has multiple facets, and we acknowledge the emotional and financial hardships that accompany facing a sexual misconduct charge in Linn, MOIf you have been arrested or are facing charges for sexual misconduct in Linn or anywhere else in Missouri, the last thing you want is judgment or sideways glances from your own attorney. At Combs Law Group, we fully understand that there is always more than one side of the story and we realize the emotional and financial burden of dealing with a sexual misconduct charge in Linn, MO.
Time is of the essence. Our team of well-informed attorneys specializing in sexual misconduct in Linn, MO is wholeheartedly committed to protecting your rights and mounting a vigorous defense on your behalf. With our substantial experience and abundant network, we are fully equipped to pursue the most favorable resolution for your case.
Call us as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Our Linn, MO sex crimes lawyer can meet with you virtually or in-person for a free, no-strings-attached case review to discuss the specifics of your case and offer expert legal advice.
What is Considered Sexual Misconduct Under Missouri Law?
Sexual misconduct takes place when someone exposes themselves in a manner and circumstance that would cause shock, offense, or alarm, or when people have sexual intercourse in public. There are three distinct charges that a person accused of sexual misconduct can face in Linn and elsewhere in Missouri, including:
First-Degree Sexual Misconduct
According to the provisions outlined in Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.093, a person may face charges of first-degree sexual misconduct if they:
- Expose their genitals under circumstances in which they know their conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual contact in the presence of a third person or persons under circumstances where they know that such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse in a public place in the presence of a third person
For a first offense, first-degree sexual misconduct is a class B misdemeanor, punishable by a potential jail term of up to 6 months and a fine not exceeding $1,000. For a second conviction, it is a class A misdemeanor, which may entail imprisonment for up to one year and a fine of up to $2,000.
Second-Degree Sexual Misconduct
Second-degree sexual misconduct is described under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.095. It involves the act of soliciting or requesting another person to participate in sexual conduct, knowing that such actions are likely to provoke affront or alarm. This offense is classified as a class C misdemeanor and carries a penalty of up to 15 days of jail time and a fine not exceeding $500.
Sexual Misconduct Involving a Child
This stands as the most serious of sexual misconduct violations. According to Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.083, an individual commits sexual misconduct involving a child when they:
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age under circumstances in which they know that the conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the child
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child less than 15 years of age to expose the child’s genitals for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child who they know to be less than 15 years of age to expose the breasts of a female child through the Internet or other electronic means for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
For a first offense, this constitutes a class E felony, which can result in a maximum prison sentence of up to 4 years and a fine of up to $10,000. In the case of a repeat offender, it escalates to a class D felony, carrying a potential punishment of up to 7 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
There are no mandatory minimum sentencing requirements for any of these charges in Linn, MO. In addition to jail time, alternative sentencing options may be considered, including probation, mandatory counseling, and restitution to the victim. Furthermore, if you are convicted of a sex crime in Linn, MO, you may be obligated to register as a sex offender. The duration of your registration requirement hinges on factors such as your age and the nature of the offense. Our proficient Linn, MO lawyers are committed to pursuing charge dismissal or reduction to offenses that do not mandate sex offender registration. Moreover, we can explore the possibility of petitioning for your removal from the registry under Missouri Revised Statutes § 589.041.
Give Combs Law Group a call right now if you are facing any of the above allegations in Linn, MO or fill out our online contact form to talk to one of our lawyers about your case.
Your Rights and the Sexual Misconduct Legal Process in Linn, MO
If you’re accused of sexual misconduct in Linn or any other part of Missouri, it is crucial to understand your rights, which encompass the presumption of innocence, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel. Furthermore, you are entitled to a fair trial in accordance with the Sixth Amendment, due process rights under the 14th Amendment, and protection from self-incrimination as stipulated in the Fifth Amendment.
Our Linn, MO sexual misconduct defense lawyers can help walk you through the intricate and often lengthy legal process, which typical encompasses:
- Evidence gathering
- Pre-trial motions
- Possible plea negotiations
- Trial, if necessary
Your Combs Law Group Linn, MO sexual misconduct attorney will guide you through each stage, making sure that your rights are upheld and that you get the best possible legal representation and outcome. Call us right now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
How a Linn, MO Sexual Misconduct Attorney From Combs Law Group Can Help
Even accusations of sexual misconduct can be life-altering in Linn, MO. But, with the assistance of proficient legal representation, you can navigate the legal challenges and work toward a favorable outcome. Consulting with a skilled Linn, MO criminal defense lawyer from Combs Law Group, particularly one who specializes in sexual misconduct cases, is your best course of action to safeguard your rights and build a strong defense. Our Linn, MO attorneys will:
- Actively listen to your perspective
- Initiate a comprehensive inquiry into the details of your case
- Review the evidence and the methods used to gather it
- Determine if your rights were violated
- Evaluate the reliability of witnesses
- Look for inconsistencies in the accuser’s story
- Engage in negotiations with prosecutors, seeking to secure change reduction or dismissal
- Defend you at trial if we have to, and challenge the jury on whether or not the prosecution has proven your charges beyond a reasonable doubt
Our experienced legal team ensures that the residents of Linn, MO receive fair, effective legal presentation in any situation. In addition to sexual misconduct defense in Linn, MO, our lawyers are experienced in many types of cases, including:
The Importance of Legal Representation in a Linn, MO Sexual Misconduct Case
Regrettably, it’s a stark reality in our society that when confronted with accusations of sexual misconduct, a considerable number of individuals are inclined to pass swift and definitive judgment, frequently presuming complete culpability. The Linn, MO legal professionals at Combs Law Group understand this hardship, and we are committed to mitigating the potential consequences that these accusations may cast upon you, your professional life, and your family. It is vital to emphasize that our entire legal system operates on the fundamental tenet that people accused of a crime are considered innocent until proven guilty.
When confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Linn or elsewhere throughout Missouri, it is imperative to seek guidance from a seasoned criminal defense attorney. Give us a call right away at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Here’s why it’s so critical to at least speak to one of our attorneys who specialize in this area of the law:
- Legal Expertise: Sexual misconduct cases are legally intricate, regardless of the jurisdiction in Linn or Missouri, and the consequences of a conviction can be severe – either a misdemeanor or felony depending on the aforementioned circumstances. Our tenacious defense attorneys in Linn, MO have the knowledge and experience to navigate the intricacies of the legal system.
- Safeguarding Your Rights: Your Combs Law Group sexual misconduct attorney in Linn, MO will wholeheartedly champion the preservation of your constitutional rights throughout the legal process. This includes ensuring that any evidence obtained against you is admissible and that your rights against self-incrimination are respected.
- Constructing a Strong Defense: Our Linn, MO criminal defense lawyer will investigate the circumstances surrounding the allegations against you, amass pertinent evidence, and forge an unwavering, impenetrable defense strategy. It is imperative to keep in mind that in any Linn, MO case, multiple facets exist to the narrative, and contingent upon the particulars of your situation, we may cast doubt on the credibility of the accuser or contest the evidence introduced by the prosecution.
- Negotiation Skills: In some situations, your Linn, MO Combs Law lawyer may be able to negotiate a plea bargain that reduces the charges or penalties you face, if not lead to a complete dismissal of the case. It is paramount to underscore that the ultimate decision always rests with you; nonetheless, all our legal counsel is grounded in our genuine belief of what serves your best interests.
- Trial Advocacy: If your case goes to trial in Linn or anywhere in Missouri, our sexual misconduct attorney will present your case persuasively, deftly cross-examine witnesses, and work to secure a favorable verdict.
Contact a Linn, MO Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Now | Combs Law Group
Irrespective of the character or gravity of the allegations against you in Linn, MO, Combs Law Group was established with the mission of providing support to good individuals caught in bad situations. We firmly believe that you are entitled to a proficient and unwavering defense team as you confront criminal charges, be it in Linn or elsewhere in Missouri.
Call a Combs Law Group sexual misconduct defense attorney in Linn, MO now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online for a free consultation.